Acronym.

Westbrook

@bboysparrow from the order quantities for the preorders it’s actually kinda promising in terms of availability for some pieces, this might help with the over supply. I can’t tell how much retailers will actually keep acronym in their lineup, hopefully the number will decrease so we don’t see this massive range of products for 30%+ on sale, this alone takes all the exclusivity from the stuff imo. But yeah, let’s see what’s actually happening in the upcoming two seasons. I am personally pretty hyped tbh.

20 hours ago, DeadHype said:

@bboysparrow from the order quantities for the preorders it’s actually kinda promising in terms of availability for some pieces, this might help with the over supply. I can’t tell how much retailers will actually keep acronym in their lineup, hopefully the number will decrease so we don’t see this massive range of products for 30%+ on sale, this alone takes all the exclusivity from the stuff imo. But yeah, let’s see what’s actually happening in the upcoming two seasons. I am personally pretty hyped tbh.

exclusivity is overrated, especially for acronym when it isnt even super underground anymore

more availability and larger size runs plus sales pricing > secret cool kidz club status

not even against a little bit of gatekeeping but the brand has been in the spotlight plenty now and any damage done to the reputation of it towards hardcore/diehard fans wont be reversed unless E just straight up axes MIC and retailer runs or other drastic (and unsustainable) measures

Frankly, I think most of the pieces are going on deep sale are sitting because they're not very interesting. The last few seasons have been pretty mediocre. The good pieces still sell out very quickly. If you feel bothered by the "reputation" of the brand being damaged, then you're insecure. It's just clothing. I like the current level of availability. 

This Is not about insecurity, it about losing interest. I really enjoy to keep myself informed about drops and upcoming stuff in general. 
This would not make sense if everything is available at any time. 

As you said the cool pieces still selling out pretty fast, so yeah.

Thanks for the input.

My favourite thing about Acronym is seeing the colossally outlandish shit people say to normalize their desire for Acronym.

I can't think of many other brands that have so effectively tapped in to the largest concentration of people with disposable income but lowest operational capacity.

18 hours ago, nathan_ said:

My favourite thing about Acronym is seeing the colossally outlandish shit people say to normalize their desire for Acronym.

I can't think of many other brands that have so effectively tapped in to the largest concentration of people with disposable income but lowest operational capacity.

Visvim

there's tonnes of "MS Exclusives" still in stock
exclusivity does not equate to style, if you feel special for wearing something because other people can't get it then you... truly are special

I think you got me wrong, I am Interested in the whole marketing and retail stuff behind the brand. 

I personally enjoy picking up p10s for 30% off for example. 

This was just about getting informed and share opinions, I don’t know why you guys are getting so salty tbh.

Is there really another option on the internet other than being combative?
SMH then what's the point of the false sense of anonymity! /s

Getting informed is nice though, I think this change must be proceeding a new era in the company for which I am very excited to see.
I've enjoyed reading theories and ideas presented here.

Edited by goretexgirl

Sharing and exchanging is not for everyone, I am very happy that a few people in here are helpful and interested in sharing what they got, knowledge, some spec sheet scans, nice deals or just some nice words.

Yeah it’s cool to be rude online, it’s just not for me. 

Two cents. Any small brand with fans is having a conversation of sorts.

Not too many 1:1 sufu universe comparisons besides maybe Visvim — but in Acronym's case E made business decisions that weren't really 'fan friendly' and made new releases less interesting.

FWIW I love the sales.

On 8/20/2023 at 8:38 PM, thehumanreisberg said:

Does anyone know what model it is and when it will drop?

Pictures taken from the white 3a-6TS which dropped lately.

If I have to guess, I would say it looks like a P43 DS 

IMG_2509.png

IMG_2510.png

It's the p43 gt and it has been out for months 

I already asked this before and did get no answer, in general you can dye stotz as it’s cotton. 

I am not sure how the material will perform after that, also you need to keep in mind it’s sensitive to heat, which most dying processes require in any way. That’s why I decided to not do it and embrace the fading, I got used to the look and really like it. 
Also I am pretty sure the Threads won’t take the Color, this shouldn’t be a problem if you just redye. 

I recently dyed some gray p39-m, this worked for me, for those who are interested I can share the process. 

13 hours ago, denimjeans said:

idk looks different to me

Colour grading + sizing + cut of shoes + the angle of the photo? Weird one bc usually the shots are fairly uniform across szns but here the new model looks like he's shot from way further back and it fucks with proportions, but they're the same.

Official photos are notoriously misrepresentative. Obviously, they are not P44 though lol