Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

• 3 weeks later...

From 06:30 on the guy tries on the 47s in three different sizes: 34, 36 and 38.

Interesting to see.

While I've been wearing mostly 34 in jeans and 42 in jackets for a not tight, not wide fit, in the last year I've been getting some pants in 36 and some jackets in 46 and both work quite well IMHO.

6 hours ago, vlad_III said:

Just saw pic in the other thread. 
The 51 cut would be interesting oversized   

He's doing that here. From 09:50 on: 34 and 36.

I have the 51 in W33. The are a bit tight, kind of slim straight.

Recently got them in 36. Very comfortable to wear and not too big.

Talking about sizing up.
Apparently Waiper has  exclusively offered a LVC 1936 506 in size 48 last year and is doing so again.
Their employees have been wearing the jacket for a year and are showing the development.

With wearing oversized  being hip for some time now, we can sometimes see cases, where it's too much, but, I think, that is not the case here.

3 hours ago, indigoeagle said:

He's doing that here. From 09:50 on: 34 and 36.

I have the 51 in W33. The are a bit tight, kind of slim straight.

Recently got them in 36. Very comfortable to wear and not too big.

Wow. 3 sizes up!

I can't do it. I've got one pair that's sized up two, effectively, and I like it once in awhile but at some point IMO you start to get away from how the jeans come to look good in the long run - that is a timeless, very flexible fit that can be worn almost all of the time. You have to really commit to the whole bit to pull off this look - and more power to the people that can do it for long enough to get it looking really good. I always just revert to the mean of wanting to be wearing at least somewhat properly sized things. 

3 minutes ago, Dr_Heech said:

@Broark Maybe take some shots of them unravelled (no cuff) Tbh those cuffs look a little uneven (?) Are they double cuffed?

I think part of it is the lighting / shadows, I'll try to take some better photos soon.
And yes they are double cuffed. The rise is so massive that I have to hike them up pretty high to get a little break above my shoes.

49 minutes ago, Broark said:

I think part of it is the lighting / shadows, I'll try to take some better photos soon.
And yes they are double cuffed. The rise is so massive that I have to hike them up pretty high to get a little break above my shoes.

Mine haven't touched water yet, too busy wearing WH 22's and CSF 41's when l can. Still wearing shorts here, all that looks to change weather-wise so maybe sooner rather than later? 🤔 😆

Edited by Dr_Heech

It's been way too freaking hot here too, high today is 98 f / 36 c. <_<
In hindsight I think I should've waited a bit to wash these, but that happened before the WoM contest took off at warp speed. :laugh2:

I too have been wearing my jeans unhemmed for the past few months and I really don't think I'm going back. Not having to clean out my cuffs or deal with damage to the fabric/expensive repairs is nice, besides the fact I'm just more comfortable with the look now.

Think I'm actually going to take a whopping 2 to 3 inches off, they've been washed twice but they're still measuring 33 in. on the inseam.
I've been enjoying my OAs which were hemmed to 31, but the rise on the '42s is much higher so I think going a little shorter on the inseam length might make more sense.
I always have a hard time figuring out my inseam length even after all these years.

8 minutes ago, Broark said:

Think I'm actually going to take a whopping 2 to 3 inches off, they've been washed twice but they're still measuring 33 in. on the inseam.
I've been enjoying my OAs which were hemmed to 31, but the rise on the '42s is much higher so I think going a little shorter on the inseam length might make more sense.
I always have a hard time figuring out my inseam length even after all these years.

70cm is the way…

13 hours ago, Broark said:

Is the rise higher than on the 47s? 
I find that pretty high already. 
51s I find a little low and ww2 just about right. 

2 minutes ago, vlad_III said:

Is the rise higher than on the 47s? 
I find that pretty high already. 
51s I find a little low and ww2 just about right. 

I don't own the '47s so can't compare directly, but they are a tad higher than the S601xx WWII.

I will say that personally I have worn the 22,37, 43, 47, wwii s601. I find the s601 rise to “feel” the highest to me and also somewhat more trim in the top block of that makes sense? 

Which is why I think we need a "standard" hip measurement along with front rise and back rise to understand top block fit better. Measurement #3 on the chart. Of course, there is the question of how far down from waist to take the measurement...

jeans_sizing.JPG