The Flat Head

LFC4ever

I'm just trying to stir shit up.

The sugar cane type 2 is more than fine. For some reason though, personally, j just like flat heads type 2 more like how I like my 3005s better than the 1947s. Really just comes down to the denim, Im obsessed with pioneer denim... But if you like 1947 denim better then the sugar cane type 2 is the best option

I've reached the conclusion that short sleeve shirts are essentially a three season piece of clothing for me, given this humid little island. In my opinion, no one comes close to what Flat Head offers in terms of fabric and fit. Here's two new acquisitions, the Glory Park Kasuri weave and this year's Native Check pattern:

20374965918_ed7434c4df_z.jpg

Close ups so you can start to appreciate the fabrics and their complexity:

19942101343_5ff5cb28b8_z.jpg

20376265139_c16b327e5d_z.jpg

Just a word of caution with the Native Check workshirt: it does run pretty small and short compared to other shirts in the same tag size. The fabric does have some give and I like the more fitted silhouette it gives me, but if your regular size fits snug already, consider taking a size up.

Granted the ones we have are unsanforized and unwashed so I dont have an exact example of what it shrinks down to plus it's stiff but I tried on the 36 and the fit of it is pretty close to what my size 38 6002w fits like after a hot machine wash. The Sugar Cane probably is a little looser in the body and it's looser in the sleeves but I dont think it's that far off. 

look at the o/w charts at hinoya, after i got my SC type 2 i found them to be pretty acurate. the fit was spot on1

Yo Sugar does that 40 fit like your red native check does? And am I crazy or does the native check get more character after you've washed and had it a long time? I don't remember when I first got it but now I swear that I feel ridges in the fabric (a good thing)

Ben, this shirt fits much more snug than my Native Check flannel (both size 40). Length is about the same but the short sleeve is closer in the trunk and shoulders. I think you'd dig the cut though.

The Native Check flannel is probably my favourite ever shirt and you're right, it gets better with age.

Flat head definitely makes my favorite short sleeve shirts. Nobody comes close in creating wild fabrics that are somehow still subtle and works well as a short sleeve shirt i can wear all the time. 

Edited by youngofthesoonest

Yeah flat head is pretty much the definition of dope.

Thanks for the tips sug ;) I'm not super interested in that particular shirt though since I'm not a huge fan of the colors used, just wondering how flat heads shirts fit nowadays since I have not bought anything made recently from them.

In other news, the rayon shirt came and its dope and fits perfect! Love the hand stitched accents and perfect pattern matching on the pockets.

f0fApWF.jpg

(ignore the crazy hair!)

Not bad, gets the job done for sure. My hairs a little too short since I got sick of it and buzzed it a few months ago.. I used it a few years ago and I remember murrays being way more of a bitch to get out of my hair then. Seems not as crazy anymore which might be in my head, but either way it's nice!

Akuma they were worn and you you hemmed them way too much. The shrinkage was not out, those are going to end up at a 28/27" inseam... If you talked to us here we could've helped.

Worn? Like 6-7 times. No fading yet at all. Still stiff and super crunchy. And I super hot soaked them from knee down multiple times.

And yeah blue nemo, resale value, meaning getting back most of what I put into it.

Edited by akuma no uta

Selling jeans is a bitch even if they're in perfect condition... A pair of jeans that are continually made and easily attained, that have been hemmed too short and worn (even at all) is a recipe for losing a bunch of money.

It doesn't matter if you super hot soaked them from the knee down, they're going to shrink to where they want, and that shrinkage above the knee also contributes to a shorter inseam.

I'm glad you edited your post though so I don't have to respond to those assertions... Not trying to be a dick, but flat heads have average resale value, you just made some mistakes and paid the price for it.

Ben - A little late in replying to you regarding shirt sizing... My earlier info was more because it seems the features of my Native Check short-sleeve are characteristics evident across the range of TFH's newest shirts - they are producing a shorter, perhaps more fitted, cut than before. You can see this from browsing SE and 2nd have started putting a few model shots up as well. Probably something you'd be into but for me it means I'm eager to snap up older workshirts while I can get them.

Ah, I gotcha. Yeah, short does sound good to me! Probably I will be buying the wide versions from now on though, they could be perfect.

I know I just posted an update not too long ago, but here's another one fresh from a wash. I have a feeling that these will be needing a repair soon, so they might be out of commission for a while. Hopefully y'all don't mind..

3005 10 months washed every 2-3 weeks

ShHWnkn.jpg

rGK1NMj.jpg

lSpdgwB.jpg

LI4IQIy.jpg

mm0pnax.jpg

yGslIGK.jpg

lxf5qgk.jpg

Nice narrow chainstitch

g60H1eX.jpg

Truest colors are where they're more blue, the ones taken further away. I'm fucking in love with how these are coming along... they're everything I've wanted in a pair of jeans and more.

Dude post monthly updates, those are fucking gorgeous. Really really want a pair now.. Maybe I could reward my self to a pair for getting a new job.

Thanks brad, you would be well served getting these. I'm sure yours would look amazing since you wear them hard! Imo it isn't worth getting a pair though unless you're ready to dedicate some time to it, they'll always be available. But when you're ready, can't imagine a better pair!

Not bad, gets the job done for sure. My hairs a little too short since I got sick of it and buzzed it a few months ago.. I used it a few years ago and I remember murrays being way more of a bitch to get out of my hair then. Seems not as crazy anymore which might be in my head, but either way it's nice!

If you want something that's does everything Murrays does but better in almost all categories, I would recommend Dax Wave and Groom. It's easier to get in and out of the hair and costs just as much as Murrays if not cheaper depending where you look. IIRC, I see them in most CVS's in SoCal.

Off-topic

If you want something that's does everything Murrays does but better in almost all categories, I would recommend Dax Wave and Groom. It's easier to get in and out of the hair and costs just as much as Murrays if not cheaper depending where you look. IIRC, I see them in most CVS's in SoCal.

Why would you want to get pomade out of your hair?  :P  (Currently using Lockhart's Goon Grease, so that the pomade stays.)