The Flat Head

LFC4ever

@ben, where is the rip at the right hip from? Makes me curious to see such a distinctive mark on a place like that, far away from where I had mine so far.

just curious, no bad joking!

I thought the recent change to cooler weather after almost 2 months of brutal heat made for a good opportunity to wash all the sweat and grime out of my F380s. About two months of wear and their fourth 40° wash overall (including two initial washes to get all shrinkage out). I don't wear them particularly hard so no killer contrasts, but I like the subtle changes in tone and texture that are starting to pop up in places.

Right before going into the machine:

kuPYPQ3l.jpg

xZNxKjkl.jpg

pGNdFKcl.jpg

9XgV0pBl.jpg

And two detail shots after hang drying:

KFrk9Yhl.jpg

qGKUZb8l.jpg

Ben - A little late in replying to you regarding shirt sizing... My earlier info was more because it seems the features of my Native Check short-sleeve are characteristics evident across the range of TFH's newest shirts - they are producing a shorter, perhaps more fitted, cut than before. You can see this from browsing SE and 2nd have started putting a few model shots up as well. Probably something you'd be into but for me it means I'm eager to snap up older workshirts while I can get them.

This is ridiculous.

Good thing I already have a collection of good-fitting FH shirts I like.

Guessing it's because they as getting even shorter. Sorry Kyle :(

@ben, where is the rip at the right hip from? Makes me curious to see such a distinctive mark on a place like that, far away from where I had mine so far.

just curious, no bad joking!

No worries man! That is from the griptape on my skateboard. I'm right handed and used it to go to school last year, it saved so much time.. On the downside it made some artificial wear marks. If you look way back to when I first got these you'll see a crease on that exact place, the crease stuck out a little bit so it received the most wear...

You can see the ugly mark on my leg, it's from walking and my leg occasionally hitting the bottom of the skateboard griptape. I don't mind the tear on the side aesthetically, but really wish the leg mark wasn't there. Oh well!

What's interesting about this pair to me is the random fading as a result of using my skateboard and falling. I'm pretty sure it caused the hole near the waistband (no clue how), the two spots I mentioned, and a hole im the knee that has been sewn up. Im hoping that if I keep wearing them it will all even out though...

Edited by itsbenhere

I'm glad you have a good collection too, I still think you'll be able to find some that work though.

from what you have said, these wear marks and rips are not artificial at all! I like them as much as any other rip, and it's a fun story actually, thanks

Good to hear! I think that now that I'm aware though I can avoid it with future pairs and I probably will.

Edited by itsbenhere

While off topic - I have the very same!

10494940783_2c68d9fb22_z.jpg

Gloriously gooey and green.

10494687646_7ccc90ae2a_z.jpg

Had these too, but prefer the Lockhart's.

10494716465_2341245b23_z.jpg

I live pretty near where this is made and had no idea about lockharts

It's pretty good stuff, I live in the UK and had it shipped via their etsy store, they were really nice to deal with.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/Lockharts

I see they have a website now - http://www.lockhartsauthentic.com/hair/?category=Hair

The light hold is a little oily but very easy to work through, and the medium rather like firm set beeswax. The goon grease as the name suggests perhaps a bit sticky for my thick hair. I didn't try the firm hold or new X Gonzo. The smell is amazing across all three that I have above.

Yes, the buildup with Lockhart's is amazing; I just got the gigantic 16 oz. mega-tin of Goon Grease about a week ago after trying it and the medium hold (both great). 

I'll post a pic of my new FH THC later to get this back on topic Ben.  :ph34r:

Hey Flat Head dudes, anyone also have the new Roy Baja shirt?

I've hot washed mine a few times now and I've managed to get my XXL down to a 46 inch chest, which leads me to believe I could find some Flat Head shirts in a 46 that would fit similarly.

I remember Kiya mentioning the Roy shirt fits similar to some Flat Head shirts, but a bit longer.

The only Flat Head shirt I have is the spring weight flannel and the 46 really came out closer to 44, which is a little too slim.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Edited by Broark

I think my issue would more so be with the midsection, don't want something too incredibly tight across my belly!

That's what I like about the fit on the Roy Big Bro Baja, fits nicely across the shoulders/chest while not being super slim at the bottom.

Might have to look into the 44-regulars if that's the case.

Seems like the regular options are a bit more limited, but I might preorder the navy native check from 2nd in 44 to give it a whirl.

I have found a few normal 46's that I really like, including some native checks, but since I'm not the skinniest dude ever I afraid to risk it!

I'm not sure, nothing too crazy I think. You can find preorder pages that will tell you what's being made.

Okay, here's some evo shots... Type 2 6002W one-wash, owned for about 9 months

CQdRgCS.jpg

JOrOISQ.jpg

YraqjdZ.jpg

As usual, can't say I can envision a better denim jacket out there!

Thanks!

Yes, maybe 5 or 6 washes? Hard to say since it's not worn as regularly as jeans, but I treated it the same way. I love how the denim looks when it's washed a lot, pioneer denim can get really contrasty and unnatural-looking really fast if you aren't careful