The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Kyle,you got any pictures of the old flannel texture/fabric???

I have a TFH in red/black that is from a run a few years ago and a TFH in that firetruck (maroon/gray basically) and I'd say the fabric feels pretty similar.  The red/black may be slightly more uneven.  I'd hesitate to say slubby but it feels a bit looser weave.  But after wearing the latter for a season it started to loosen up as well.  They appear extraordinarily similar.  Kyle may be referring to the newer colorways.  Which I agree last year's color ways were not my bag at all.  I also don't care for them putting a TFH logo on the chest pocket.

Thank you Kyle!

I think it fits good too, as soon as you accept slightly big shoulders at least.

Oftentimes the stuff is slim in the torso (fits you a lot better in that respect), but its comfy enough and for the most part short enough... I hate when tops end below my butt! I figure that a shirt should cover your torso, and end there, I let the jeans do the rest.. haha

Such a dope shirt. My first TFH shirt, or any quality shirt really. IMO in this colorway it's the best iconic flannel there ever was. No way to know but I feel safe with TFH.

I like work-shirts better in every other shirt type though

Word. I feel like this most of the time. Except with short sleeve shirts. I don't think I'll ever buy a short sleeve western, unless it's just the yoke. It depends. You know how that shit goes.

I like the Grey / maroon Combo a lot. And yellow / blue. Thank god, Vater & Sohn stock FH now.

Tried on some 1002s the other day as well. 36 was too small, 38 too wide. A 37 would have been great. Or can I expect them to stretch back to or above raw state? Then the 36 might work after all. Otherwise I'll give the 3009 a try, when they arrive.

BTW, the tees are awesome. Fabric, construction and fit are superb. If I ever need another tee, these will be the ones.

Edited by Max Power

So are the flannel colorways this season yellow/black, light blue/black and red/black?  Those are the only three I've seen for pre-order on 2nd.  If so how boring those are all repeats.

The yellow isn't a repeat, as far as I know.  Over the last few years, they have done a mustard version several times, but this is a MUCH brighter yellow color. The mustard color that they do is really nice.  This one...not quite sure about.

BTW, the tees are awesome. Fabric, construction and fit are superb. If I ever need another tee, these will be the ones.

To me the best thing about flat head is that I completely agree with this statement, except that "tee" is also interchangeable with literally any other type of garment they sell.

I recent had a good chat with Danny at Rivet and Hide when I was in London for work.

The word on the QT is that Rivet & Hide are developing a collaboration jean from RJB/TFH in the 3002 cut with a (special?) RJB denim, due for release next year.

They've already had samples and done the back and forth with details and it's all going ahead shortly.

I'm looking forward to this one. The 3002 is a good cut and the RJB fabrics are very nice - don't get enough attention around here or not as much as they deserve.

Roll-up Roll-up.

(I'm posting this without checking with Danny, so let's see if I get a slapped wrist!)

On another note...the Weatern Flannel from Flat Head is perhaps the best shirt or top of any kind I've ever had.

Cheers

I think most people wear the same size in TFH T's and shirts. WR is just the regular version(as supposed to W which is the slim version) so there is no need to size down, and maybe if you buy the slim version you would even need to size up?(I haven't tried that personally)

Edited by goodrain

Im a 42 in fh tees and I'm pretty sure all my fh shirts weren't the wr versions. I have a winter flannel from a couple years back, and the spring weight western, and I just added the micro houndstooth this summer and they all fit pretty great except for the shoulders on the western.