The Flat Head

LFC4ever

I just picked up a pair of 3001 from styleforum...Pretty brand new besides the fact of the soaking (no arcs, not tabs), but picked it up for $165 shipped.

Getting them hemmed and will give my diors some time for ventilation.

;)

Can't wait to start wearing these...

very nice pick up at a great price, too.

I've been beating the hell out of my 3001's and in about a month or so a bunch of stitching blew on my back pocket. So I decided to do some preemptive repairs. My gf gave me the woman's touch and all in all I'm really happy with how they turned out.

The red threading was her idea and I think I'm going to continue to reinforce with red on stitching. Gives them character I think :)

I just wish we didn't procrastinate and I took them during the day, there was very little lighting in the room so you can't see the fades.

Bout 3 months of wear, initial hotsoak. TTS. Pictures taken with no flash.

tearsxh.jpg

The rips, there is another along the top. Doesn't seem like much but considering the jeans are really young and they came up over the course of a month...

stitchk.jpg

:cool:

final1s.jpg

Final result

final2gj.jpg

Fit shot

BONUS The Flathead 3001 fit pix :)

fitfront.jpg

fitback.jpg

A WAYWT fit

fullfitblank.jpg

Clarks DB

Flathead 3001

Levi's belt

Levi's T

Gap thermal

Gap scarf

Sterlingwear authentic peacoat

Versace blue cologne

My 3001s recently turned 3 years old.

Pics coming soon. Need to hit 'em with a needle and thread, damn things are falling apart.

jeans are looking good danisfake. thats a nice belt as well, info on those?

Belt is Tanner. London Tan, I think. Black buckle.

presoaked my jeans right when i got em. Worn them exclusively for 2 months. Would it be too early to give em a warm/hot soak right now?

I soaked my BSP at two months and it improved the fit incredibly. Even with an initial hot soak, there was still some shrink left in them. Top block fit was the most improved - hip flare gone and seat fit is great. Fading didn't stop and creases returned in an hour.

Yup. Just wear them! No premature washing!!!

Disagree completely. Besides, he asked about soak, not wash.

so for flatheads just generally true to size to get the right fit correct?

Depends on the model. BSP are sized up one. But yes, IMO, you don't want to downsize on them.

Any other good places to get this denim besides SE? Also I am looking for a cut simular to Imperial dukes, or maybe somewhere in between a pair of APC NS's and NC. Slim but not skin tight, thanks!

1001 cut would be perfect, imo. SE's the only place to get them stateside, otherwise you'll have to do it through some sort of japanese proxy. There's also there store online:

http://www.flat-head.co.uk/html/products.html

Any other good places to get this denim besides SE? Also I am looking for a cut simular to Imperial dukes, or maybe somewhere in between a pair of APC NS's and NC. Slim but not skin tight, thanks!

SE or i would totally recommend flat-head.co.uk, they ship damn near instantly and you will be perfectly satisfied. Just be sure you know your size, lol.

Disagree completely. Besides, he asked about soak, not wash.

Yes I did say "washing" but I was actually referring to the fact that he was unhappy with not seeing any fadez. That comes with wear, not putting them in water... I mean unless you are trying to gain Indigo loss from soaking which seems a bit odd. Was he talking about being unhappy with the fit? So why would he soak them?

presoaked my jeans right when i got em. Worn them exclusively for 2 months. I can see fade only when Im in bright locations, like on a sunny day. If im sitting in a classroom i dont really see it. Would it be too early to give em a warm/hot soak right now?

quick question, i was told by one of the guys at seny to do a cold soak for 20 minutes on my 1001's. i did that and got them hemmed. they have roughly an inch, maybe two inches to spare. did that cold soak get most of the shrinkage out? or will my pants be too short when i wash them the first time? thanks

quick question, i was told by one of the guys at seny to do a cold soak for 20 minutes on my 1001's. i did that and got them hemmed. they have roughly an inch, maybe two inches to spare. did that cold soak get most of the shrinkage out? or will my pants be too short when i wash them the first time? thanks
you are always better hot soaking at least twice before hemming just to be sure , but i think you will be ok just pull the legs by hand after soaking

Cosign. You'll see more noticeable shrinkage with another soak, especially in the length and the top block fit. Suggest waiting a few weeks for some of the break-in to happen and the denim to soften, which got me nice results on my BSP.

Edit: additional inseam shrink for me was less than 1/2", but it felt like more. I did a prelim. 1/2 hour hot soak, then warm soak for second.

Always love to see FH in action Cents

I own other japanese denim but I always feel more satisfied wearing my FH. Its not about the fading because after awhile fading is not my main concern anymore.The overall construction is solid.

My SEXFH05 is retired already. Maybe i'll get some 1001 or 1005, need some heavyweights

Thats all. Thread resumes