The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Got to love the color of the BSPs too...

I have a pair of the BSP's as well and feel the dark color is great. I notice that the BSP's bleed more than any other jean I own. Is everyone experiencing this? I think I wash my hands more wearing these jeans then any other pair.

I hot soaked my pair in the tube for 80 minutes.

right, I suppose it would be concealed most of the time..

unrelated: I luke-warm soaked my 1001s when I got em about 2 weeks ago.. have worn about 5 times or so since. will they stretch out a bit? they're pretty damn snug in the thighs, so wonderin what I should expect to happen with more wear.. thanks.

Ryan

Guest wockawockawocka

yeah, i got a pair of 4001bks....man, i've been wearing them for a couple weeks and still no stretch. they look nice but are pretty tight in the thighs and actually really tight in the waist. (not suck in your stomach tight- but tight)...i'm used to wearing skulls, and they DO stretch with wear....but man, i don't know what to do to get these babies stretched. my method that stretched them a little was too ram in a buttload of towels and rags and let that sit for a couple days, it stretched them a little. i dont know what i can do but i really think these aren't going to stretch at all. any suggestions or experience with the 4001bks?

you could try doing squats or just sitting cross legged as much as you can. Flatheads do stretch, but they just take a bit longer.

I think you can also try wearing them into the shower, then wearing them until they're completely dry, while doing squats or being active while they're drying.

I have a pair of 1001's (size 33) as well and the thighs are pretty snug. The waist will definitely stretch however I find that the thighs have always remained snug and that it doesn't stretch much in this area. My waist is a tad above 35" now. I will try to post pics of them tomorrow.

yeah, i got a pair of 4001bks....man, i've been wearing them for a couple weeks and still no stretch. they look nice but are pretty tight in the thighs and actually really tight in the waist. (not suck in your stomach tight- but tight)...i'm used to wearing skulls, and they DO stretch with wear....but man, i don't know what to do to get these babies stretched. my method that stretched them a little was too ram in a buttload of towels and rags and let that sit for a couple days, it stretched them a little. i dont know what i can do but i really think these aren't going to stretch at all. any suggestions or experience with the 4001bks?

My 4001bks actually stretched a fair amount, not so much in the thighs but the waist definitely has. Morse so than my 3001s.

Guest wockawockawocka

i'll get some fit pics up tomorrow as well to see what the thoughts are. gonna just keep wearing em pretty much every day. also, i have never experienced this but when i walk em them they make a "swoosh, swoosh, swoosh" sound. i guess it's my fat ass thighs rubbing together but i can't really tell. never experienced this with other denim, raw denim, etc. feel a little awkward at the quiet workplace cause i take a lot of restroom breaks do to a grip of coffee and every one hears me walk by in my skinny ass jeans.

Hahaha, please tell me someone watches Seinfeld, and has seen the episode were George gets a new suit and when he walks it swishes. It's almost exactly what you described.

Anyways to add input on stretching, I've worn my BSPs for about 8 months, no washes or soaks(besides presoak of course), and the waist and pelvic region has stretched some, but the thighs are going nowhere! I'd assume they would be somewhat baggy in the thighs at this point, but they're still tight. Worried about them when they get their first wash.

Guest wockawockawocka

yeah, i've seen the episode and that's me. it kinda sucks. these are actually pretty annoying to wear. thinking if i EVER wash these im gonna be screwed. im even too afraid to get even a little water on them. i have heard that getting them wet and wearing them will stretch them but i have also heard the opposite. i just don't see these stretching at all. starting to regret the purchase. shouldve just stuck with my skulls.

just. wear. them.

you're either not walking around enough or something because my BSPs have stretched. my 301s have stretched. my dukes have stretched. there's a little bit that you can do but it's up to your daily lifestyle to really have an impact.

i've gone so far as to only own one pair of jeans at a time and no sweatpants, no real shorts, so that way i end up wearing 1 pair for as long as possible.

just. wear. them.

you're either not walking around enough or something because my BSPs have stretched. my 301s have stretched. my dukes have stretched. there's a little bit but it's up to your daily lifestyle to really have an impact.

i've gone so far as to only own one pair of jeans at a time and no sweatpants, no real shorts, so that way i end up wearing 1 pair for as long as possible.

this should be sticked somewhere whenever ppl ask for sizing question.

waist definitely stretched. no doubt.

thighs depending how hard u work on stretching them

x-post from somewhere...

But I really haven't seen any pictures of these around.....

The Flat Head 5100 Ten Year Anniversary Edition

Red Tab

Red Arc

Pre Levi'sLawsuit (:

I did 2 one hour hot tap water soaks. Water change every half hour.

The denim shrunk quite a bit. Pretty drastic changes. Funny thing though, the waist was TTS and didn't shrink a single bit....didn't have to stretch the waist back out at all.

Photo0376.jpg

TFHpostsoak.jpg

TFHpostsoakB.jpg

Nice jeans, they look wayyy different from before soak. I know someone who wanted to sell theirs because he didnt like pre-soak fit. Wow, if only he could have seen this coming. Great lookin pair Simon!

Are the 1001s comparable to the BSPs? I mean, they're both 3xxx denim right? so it just matters what fit i want?

I know this is kind of a this or that question, but which one is nicer in terms of construction? from what i can tell they seem about the same?

1001 is made from *drum roll* 1XXX denim, not 3XXX denim like the BSP. The two denims have similar fading properties, so the deciding factor should be the fit.

Construction should not be an issue for either pair. My FH 1001 have the nicest details and construction out of all of my jeans, and I'd expect the BSP's to be the same; only difference is the BSP has the cotton/poly blend stitching which is slightly more durable than the cotton stitching on the 1001.

1001 is made from *drum roll* 1XXX denim, not 3XXX denim like the BSP. The two denims have similar fading properties, so the deciding factor should be the fit.

Construction should not be an issue for either pair. My FH 1001 have the nicest details and construction out of all of my jeans, and I'd expect the BSP's to be the same; only difference is the BSP has the cotton/poly blend stitching which is slightly more durable than the cotton stitching on the 1001.

Haha way to make me feel like a noob. I appreciate your help :) I coulda sworn I read something on selfedge about it being the same denim, but i just checked again and it said they fade similarly, just like you said.

So, it's basically a matter of fits and if i want the stitching to last or get beat up too.

Man, this whole getting new denim thing is way more work than I want it to be. I should just drive down to SF and go kid in a candy-shop crazy.

^ it is the same denim for the SEXFH05... and its ok, we have all been there at least once...not really, but you understand. lol.

Nice jeans, they look wayyy different from before soak. I know someone who wanted to sell theirs because he didnt like pre-soak fit. Wow, if only he could have seen this coming. Great lookin pair Simon!

Dead, are you being sarcastic? lol

i AM that person that wanted to sell his flatheads because he didn't like the pre-soak fit. THANK YOU for talking me out of it! hahaha

Having a clear out, have too many jeans, selling a new pair of 5005's (w34) with old arcs and red tag on ebay if anyone interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300406424005&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fclothing.shop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp4712.m38.l1313%26_nkw%3D300406424005%26_sacat%3D11450%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1#ht_500wt_1182

Also listed some 5007's (bootcut) and 3008's (66 cut) all new (rinsed, unworn) with old arcs and redtag and all very competitively priced.

Dead, are you being sarcastic? lol

i AM that person that wanted to sell his flatheads because he didn't like the pre-soak fit. THANK YOU for talking me out of it! hahaha

Yeah, i was being sarcastic man.. hahahahahaa :D you know we are amigos. :cool: