The Flat Head

LFC4ever

19 minutes ago, tomswallow said:

Can anybody comment on the differents between RJB line and normal line (the old one, I think TFH make the bigger new one??)  about the fit on their shirt? A local seller told me down size from the normal line when it come to the RJB. Is that true?

imo the cut is not as slim as TFH but not enough to size down as a rule. Go with the measurements

1 hour ago, goodrain said:

imo the cut is not as slim as TFH but not enough to size down as a rule. Go with the measurements

Thank you! Since I doubt seller's measurements (I means, how a shirt sz 38 has 42 cm shoulder:mellow2:), do you have any RJB size chart?

1 hour ago, tomswallow said:

Thank you! Since I doubt seller's measurements (I means, how a shirt sz 38 has 42 cm shoulder:mellow2:), do you have any RJB size chart?

The size chart is different for every shirt, unless you are talking about T-shirts?

https://www.selfedge.com/the-flat-head?product_id=2422

TFH is known for having wide shoulders. A size 38 in this shirt has a 48cm shoulder

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, 1fookntitefd said:

We special order these for clients from time to time, price on that thing is $1300 USD.  If you want to order one email us and we'll sort you out!

• 3 weeks later...

I sent my 3005s off to Indigo Proof to have some routine repairs done (tons of broken stitches, cuff tears, etc.), and decided to include something new - to enlarge the front pocket openings in the process of having the pockets repaired. As we all know, the FH pocket openings are too small for guys with big hands, so I'm going to have Rain lower the opening.

On FH jeans, there's usually about a 2" space between the bottom of the waistband and top of the pocket at the outseam. On my Warehouse 800xx, which have a comfortable pocket opening, it's about a 3" space. So an extra inch ought to make these pockets much more comfortable. Will post some pics/impressions when I get them back.

On 4/29/2021 at 12:22 PM, Cold Summer said:

I sent my 3005s off to Indigo Proof to have some routine repairs done (tons of broken stitches, cuff tears, etc.), and decided to include something new - to enlarge the front pocket openings in the process of having the pockets repaired. As we all know, the FH pocket openings are too small for guys with big hands, so I'm going to have Rain lower the opening.

On FH jeans, there's usually about a 2" space between the bottom of the waistband and top of the pocket at the outseam. On my Warehouse 800xx, which have a comfortable pocket opening, it's about a 3" space. So an extra inch ought to make these pockets much more comfortable. Will post some pics/impressions when I get them back.

I dont think I've seen that done before. Definitely interested in seeing how it turns out. 

Front pocket openings on JP jeans are big pet peeve of mine, that I've spouted off on numerous times before. I love my 8002 - especially the denim which is possibly my favorite ever - but the front pockets suck. But very happy to say my RFR-004 pockets are great - the openings are cut low enough to get my hands and stuff in and out of easily. The pocket bags are adequately deep. The RFR-004 are now my DD's for the foreseeable future. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Those shirts are really cool, but I've never been that into them because I still wear jeans most days, and feel weird wearing a dark blue top with jeans. If they made that exact same fabric in some other colors I might've gotten one. Of course, the indigo fading potential is half the appeal.

I should be getting my 3005s back from Indigo Proof this month. They've got a full year of wear in them, and are ready for round two. I've always thought FH denim really comes alive when it's been worn 1.5-2 years, so the way I see it, these jeans are just getting started.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, I just pick up some tank top of Flat head. The texture seems way similar to my Stevenson tank top loopwheeled.But, they has 2 seams?? So, can I call it "a  loopwheel shirt"? What's your opinions?

20210620_161053.jpg

Edited by tomswallow
Grammar

20 hours ago, Broark said:

They might be made using loopwheeled fabric, but to make the tank top pattern they probably needed to create side seams.

So, you mean TFH cut apart loopwheeled fabric and stitch it back together to achieve a different, less tubular, fit? Or, they just do that for cost saving?

2 hours ago, tomswallow said:

So, you mean TFH cut apart loopwheeled fabric and stitch it back together to achieve a different, less tubular, fit? Or, they just do that for cost saving?

It's possible they were wanting a slightly more form fitting silhouette, and to achieve that they needed to add side seams.
Total speculation on my part, but just a thought. 

3 hours ago, tomswallow said:

So, you mean TFH cut apart loopwheeled fabric and stitch it back together to achieve a different, less tubular, fit?

This is pretty common

Loopwheeled describes the fabric, and side seams describe the finished garment, so there’s no guaranteed crossover—not all loopwheeled fabrics are used for seamless tees, and only a relatively small portion is seamless tees are actually made from loopwheeled fabrics

1 hour ago, Broark said:

It's possible they were wanting a slightly more form fitting silhouette, and to achieve that they needed to add side seams.
Total speculation on my part, but just a thought. 

Yeah, Exactly what I think. That's makes sense since these are undershirt.

42 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

This is pretty common

Loopwheeled describes the fabric, and side seams describe the finished garment, so there’s no guaranteed crossover—not all loopwheeled fabrics are used for seamless tees, and only a relatively small portion is seamless tees are actually made from loopwheeled fabrics

Almost loopwheel shirt I've seen is seamless, every but old TFH tank top. Their new tank top feature seamless, too. That make me, well, doubt.

Edited by tomswallow

@julian-wolf is spot on. Many brands that produce (or sell) loopwheel items will add seams to alter the fit. TFH THC T's have no side seams but assuming this is a slimmer fit TFH have altered the cut resulting in the seams. 

Seams are no indication of inferior or cheaper production,  although it seems (forgive the pun) seamless is often touted as better. Excluding the argument that seamless twists less and therefore retains its original shape longer