The Flat Head

LFC4ever

all the fit pics I have seen look pretty good, except the one on the SE site. That model even makes the Dry Bones red-d look weird which is a really great jean.

here's the one a few pages back if you missed it

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/10622-the-flat-head/page-356#entry3206676

but I found a lot from Japan on google image.

Edited by givemefive

Those look awesome b_F! Are these your first Flat Heads?

Yeah, FH has a real problem with the pockets being too tiny. I don't understand why they don't make bigger pocket openings. 

Minor correction: the patch is goatskin, not deerskin (though I love deerskin patches.) Some models like the 3005 use cowhide patches, I don't like those as much.

Now you just need to wear these jeans nonstop for the next year and get some truly sick fades. ;)

Awesome, that's a perfect fit!

Agree with you guys. The only things I'd change are to make the front pockets more accessible (even though I still wouldn't use them, don't like the fades) and make the button holes narrower. They stretch too easy and the button slips out a lot.

The cotton / polycore over-stitching is a bit of a OTT solution, why they couldn't have just used a single polyester thread with regards to durability. (I have a pair of 3012's with this detail). 

:wacko:

Edited by bod

When will flat head do the subtle thing though?

Wilson, it's the fly buttons. There's no tension and they just kind of flop out of the buttonhole. I've been thinking of reinforcing them to make them smaller, but haven't gotten around to it.

I like how flat head does things, the new suede arcs are a bit much tho....

Ben, i ended up ordering a SDA 14oz work shirt, couldn;t find a 7002w in a 46, denimio says they will order that size for me whenever Flat Head does another run 

Great, great Review b_f. While some of the Details you wrote about make me absolutely want to get me a pair, I fear the measurements will not work out. Just like the 1002 was too small in 36 I fear the 3009 will be, too. Maybe I'll get a Chance to try a 38, but right now I'd fear they rund just a bit too small for me.

(And the usability of pockets is a pretty important part for me as well. I wouldn't mind if I already bought a pair, but now as I know it and am spoiled by UES and Resolute, it's a minus in my book.)

Edited by Max Power

might have to cop a pair of FH 3009. I might size up to a 31.

If I want a 10" rise I think that's my best bet. My old 29 tag ones were pretty spot on every where except for the waist and thighs, top block was pretty roomy, but that f'n rise! shrunk from a 10 to a 9.5" which is basically low rise territory.

Debating... I still have these 800s I haven't even soaked might just save them in the closet...

decisions 

might have to cop a pair of FH 3009. I might size up to a 31.

If I want a 10" rise I think that's my best bet. My old 29 tag ones were pretty spot on every where except for the waist and thighs, top block was pretty roomy, but that f'n rise! shrunk from a 10 to a 9.5" which is basically low rise territory.

Debating... I still have these 800s I haven't even soaked might just save them in the closet...

decisions 

I am a true 30 and I went with a 30 for my 3009's. That was a mistake, as you say the waist, thigh and rise are a smidge uncomfortable. I will need to buy another pair at sz 31 and they will be perfect . I was surprised how much they changed after they hit water.