The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Sorry, meant to say that I took these photos on the 22nd of April. Ran out of memory on my phone and decided to post before deleting. About 100 wears at that point i'm guessing? Edit: Cold Summer got it.  ;)

Activities are nothing extraordinary... browsing sufu at my desk, walking to/from classes, playing piano, longboarding, & chilling with friends around toronto.  

Edited by rosarkar

Details of the Glory park linened cotton shirt.  Wore it hard in Hawaii for a week straight.  Now its relegated to warm days  in San Francisco.  Probably one of my favorite shirts ever.

You can kind of see the fading in the bicep/arm pit area.  its wild.  

fh_zps0f03b8e9.jpg

Edited by garden gnomes in space

That shirt looks really nice!  Maybe it's just the lighting, but it looks like it's already faded a lot - those shirts are almost black when new.  The texture looks pretty interesting too.

I ended up getting the Glory Park chambray western short-sleeve shirt instead, since the lighter blue color contrasts a little bit more with jeans.

peacedoff, how do the BSPs fit on you?  I'm the same height as you and I had problems with the lower thigh being too tight.

I haven't got them yet. I used to own a pair and they fit slightly bigger in all dimensions than my SExI14.

Going to do at least 3 hot soaks (and air dry) before I even wear them as last time it took several washes before they fully shrunk. I bought a size up knowing this and will probably do 4 soaks just to see how much of a difference it makes (as a sort of experiment). Will post measurements between each soak.

^ Agreed. When I got my F350s, I washed them at 60C in the machine with a slow spin. I got pretty much all the shrinkage out, no weird creasing or excessive indigo loss, no floods, famine, disease or pestilence or anything else of that ilk happened as a direct result I think...

Hi, could anyone recommend me a size for th FH3001 or 1001? I don´t find any Flat Head size charts.

My size on APC New Standard is 27 and in my samurai s5000vx is 29.

My natural waist is 30"

Thanks!

^ They come in a slim (K011) or loose (K015) cut. I think Kiya said he wouldn't stock them as they're too expensive.

^^ Try the following size charts:

- DC4

- Rivet and Hide

- Self Edge (same as F310)

- Denim Geek

- Rakuten

Maddogwellz, I think the Kevlar jeans are only available in the regular straight and tight straight cuts.  (Although, even if they were making other fits for those, it's probably the sort of thing I wouldn't be allowed to discuss here.)  If you want the 3009 cut in some different denim, check out the 20 oz. 2111.

No I have 2 pairs I'm cycling through now, however I would really like to try the kevlar denim in the future to see the durability of it. I think if I got heavier denim it would have to be those new SG 3105

A couple of iPhone pics of my F350s taken today, one after the other although the light changes their colour slightly. These have been worn on/off in rotation with others for a couple of years I think.

91597403-ce95-4d33-bb72-327633056f9a.jpg

image.jpg?t=1368028454

I´m looking for a pair of FH and I need help with the fits. My perfect fit is slim but not too slim. Perfect fit for me is the APC New Standard.

What is the flat head more similar? F310? F380? or another one?

Hi,

I was a bit of a lurker on this and other Denim based Forums but decided to join this one as it seems the most knowledgeable, so......

Does anyone own a Flat Head Type I Denim Jacket, 6001W?

If so, how are they?

I've only seen pictures of them online and some of the pictures make them look amazing, others, very ordinary.

Also, I have a Size 48 Levi's LVC Type I, from 1996, with "555" on the back of the buttons and the size post shrinkage is a bit weird, I notice most of the Japanese Jackets only go to 44, so would the Flat Head Type I even fit me?

I´m looking for a pair of FH and I need help with the fits. My perfect fit is slim but not too slim. Perfect fit for me is the APC New Standard.

It's hard to compare New Standards with The Flat Head jeans in terms of fit. The F310 or 3001 are both great slim fits with slightly less taper than the NS. The 3002 or SE05BSP have a similar top fit but taper below the knee so are probably closer to the fit you're after.

Edited by Danny @ Rivet & Hide

As Danny said, I would go for SE05BSP. Had em, and were great denim, would definitely purchase again.

It's hard to compare New Standards with The Flat Head jeans in terms of fit. The F310 or 3001 are both great slim fits with slightly less taper than the NS. The 3002 or SE05BSP have a similar top fit but taper below the knee so are probably closer to the fit you're after.

I cosign this.  I have been wearing New Standards for years and wanted to move up to a higher tier brand, so I just bought some SE05BSP's from Self Edge in NY. While the taper is slightly less than the NS I am VERY happy with these. I had mine hemmed a few inches and now they might be the best fitting jeans I own.

Edited by andimrob

Received my Flat Head 3001s from Danny @ Rivet and Hide (He included a hand written note, now that's customer service!) Thanks to everyone who gave me sizing advice a few pages back. I ended up going for a size 30, pretty much TTS - there was approx 1" of room in the waist pre-soak. Soaked them for 2 hours and fit perfectly now, the waist is slightly tight but not too uncomfortable. I absolutely love the material and fit, such an upgrade from my APC NS.

5l7OJPOh.jpg

r8TtL9Th.jpg

Pre-Soak Fit

1w2tx0S.jpg

rxl6g1Xh.jpg

u956nYh.jpg

K4EQpbC.jpg