The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Not sure what you're referring to, but i'll wait till Kyle from Flat Head responds to you first.

We used to carry the 5001 about 6 years ago, great fabric, felt a lot closer to RJB's 14oz denim than what FH produces now.

^Thanks kiya...Have they since been discontinued?

The ones we carried 6 years ago were a Flat Head anniversary model, and i was wrong about the model number, it was actually the 5100 jean.  Super straight let, no taper at all with a medium/low rise.

Alex, please play nice... if you want to dispute with Kiya, please keep it in private messages or emails.  Throwing accusations around isn't respectful and doesn't reflect well on the dealer you represent on these forums.

Mr. Horiuchi and myself have been talking about the 5000-series denim and how we can use it in the future. It's encouraging that there's been a resurgence of interest in it.  We have plenty of faded samples in the office but directly comparing it to the Pioneer denim isn't quite as easy as I expected.

There definitely is vertical fading in this denim, but the denim has a finer weave and texture compared to the Pioneer denim's slightly bolder weave.  The touch, however, feels very similar. The 5000 denim has a whiter color on faded/contrasted areas, compared to the deeper blue hue of the Pioneer denim.  The 5000 denim is lighter in low-stress areas (like the waistband and below the knee) compared to Pioneer denim worn for the same amount of time. I'll try to take some pics soon to show a better comparison.

Edited by Kyle@TFH

Got my grey TFH loopwheeled tee and it fits like a charm.

The neck is pretty tight, but it looks good on.

Quality product!

it is not loopwheeled when FH THC serie :tongue:

but the quality of both fabrics are top-notch

Edited by alexx1976

Every once in a while it pokes me, but it's rarely an issue.  I can't imagine a better belt than this.

Anyway, my EDC collection (featuring lots of Flat Head):

EDC_zps0dc3e9f0.jpg

Edited by Kyle@TFH

I was just about to ask you if I could see a picture of it...it looks great! I'm going back and forth between this belt and the Iron heart super tan but I think I'm going to pick this up.  Something about Flat Head really strikes a chord with me and it may be my favorite brand.

I just need some help with sizing.  The belt I like now measures about 34" from the part closest to buckle to the hole.  I'd probably want the belt to measure about that at the tightest hole (edit: maybe second tightest?) so that I don't "grow" out of it like I did my strike gold belt.  What size would you recommend? Thanks as always kyle

also, could I get a few more shots of just the belt? That leather looks so nice!

Edited by itsbenhere

vittel: It's a Flat Head cordovan card case.  This is actually just a sample that I'm using; mine's still on order, it's going to be black cordovan/red lining inside.  It's used for holding business cards, though it seems like people outside of Japan use these as small wallets.

Ben:  I'm not totally sure how sizing on these belts works.  What I can tell you is that I wear a 34 in pretty much every belt, and this one is a 34 too, so you'd probably wear the same size. 

Buckle and stitching:

P1030527_zps77fe61ff.jpg

Surface texture:

P1030528_zps5d03ab2d.jpg

Inside texture:

P1030530_zps9dae9af4.jpg

Inside buckle stitch + copper rivet bruising:

P1030531_zpse923c0b5.jpg

Thickness and indigo staining:

P1030533_zps6d9062dd.jpg

Edited by Kyle@TFH

That leather looks amazing. I'm sold. Do you think you could give me a measurement from the base of buckle to the first hole? Sizing wrong would be an expensive mistake! Although you're probably right that I'd be a 34 as well.

Ben: I can try to measure when I get home.  It's tricky comparing the sizing to other belts because the plate buckle is wider than most garrison-style belt buckles.  I wear size 31-32 in most jeans, and my belt is a 34. I use the second-tightest hole on mine, not the middle hole.

achineseguy: Currently it's the 3002 and SE05BSP.  When the 5002 comes out, it will be the slimmest-fitting FH model.  It's supposed to be the same cut as the 3002 but it's smaller in the same size. 

And ordered!  I'm so stoked to finally have a nice tan belt that fits, and I'm sure I made the right choice.  That leather looks unreal! Is it pre-treated by FH before the retailers get it?  

Anyway, fit pics and first impressions will come as soon as it gets here!

Great Ben, I know you'll really like it.  I'll probably be wearing mine for many, many years to come, I can't really imagine a better belt than this.  And if Kiya's belt is any indication, these age incredibly well. 

I'm not sure if the belt has been treated.  I think maybe it has, since it doesn't feel as raw as other saddle leather items I've owned, but it's pretty mild compared to the more obvious oiling of Stockburg leather products.

Speaking of leather, here's a better pic of my long wallet and wallet rope at 2.5 months of wear.

Wallet1_zps33ffdb66.jpg