The Flat Head

LFC4ever

i've had 3009 for ~1.5 yrs but only 5-6 months wear...just starting to develop noticeable fade and the fit has broken in nicely.. i didnt like them much at first but now that they've shrunken completely and broken in the fit is awesome...will post some pics soon when i go on an upcoming trip :)

Edited by ironheartfan123

To be honest, I don't think that the Pioneer denim fades very fast in comparison to other brands I've worn, like Samurai and Pure Blue Japan.  This is mostly because it's dyed very dark, and the darker a fabric is, the more time it'll take to get good fading. It's no secret that Flat Head makes my favorite denim of any company, and I love how it fades. However, it takes time to get there, especially if you wash infrequently.

But a lot of this is dependent on how much you wash, unlike some denim that isn't dyed as nicely, you can wash Flat Head's denim pretty frequently (once every 1-2 months) and still get nice fading - and faster evolution.  If you wait 5-6 months until the creases are really well-defined you'll get great contrast, but it probably won't fully come out until it's been washed a few times. 

Ben, the belt looks great!  It's probably the last veg tan saddle leather belt you'll ever need.

I would exchange that, send it back to the store you got it from for another one. Its not only heavily nicked by it looks like its bent a bit too.

We'll take that back no problem.

EDIT: Nevermind, i had thought for some reason it was bought from Self Edge.

Edited by kiya

Yep I was about to tell you that I would love to, but didn't buy it from there.  Got a bunch of stuff from Japan a few weeks ago and I couldn't resist the temptation to pick that up too!  Oh well, that's the risk you take when ordering from those shops.  

It does always make me smile to see a retailer taking responsibility for things though.

Ben: Sorry about the issue with the buckle, that's definitely unusual.  I hope that the shop you bought it from will replace it.  Let me know if Japanese communication is an issue. 

Aho: Instagram sounds cool, we're interested in using more SNS stuff, but I haven't seen other denim brands' Instagrams before.  Care to share some of the ones you like?

Edited by Kyle@TFH

Crosspost from HWDC2

Contest 2 and HC-SF-76 checking in

Flathead 2015, 20 oz

I went on a 3 hour kayaking trip with my friends. Got plenty of blank looks while wearing my jeans while doing so.

WP_20130615_007.jpg

Aftermath

WP_20130616_001.jpg

WP_20130616_002.jpg

I'd love to see another SE X FH collaboration soon! If that was in the pipeline I'd hold off on a pair of 3009s possibly. If there was a pair of SEXFHXRJB15s in a 36 I'd jump on 'em.

Edited by Broark

I'd love to see another SE X FH collaboration soon! If that was in the pipeline I'd hold off on a pair of 3009s possibly. If there was a pair of SEXFHXRJB15s in a 36 I'd jump on 'em.

I believe Kiya said that the new Real Japan blues models are 14 ounce Zimbabwe cotton the same that was used on that model. You could just grab a pair of those. The 3009 is a good choice as well.

So I was looking at the 2111 from Tate & Yoko and I was a bit confused.  The description and the pictures don't really match.  Pictures show a button fly and regular arcs while the description says a zip fly and red/white arcs.  What's up with that?

And how's the fit on the 2111?  The measurements on T&Y make them seem reeeeally slim.

Broark: The 2011 is based on the 3001 and has a zip fly and similar cut. The 2015 is based on the 3005 and has a button fly. The 2111 is based on the 3011/3009 cut and has a button fly.

The cut of the 3011, 3009, and 2111 is basically the same; it's supposedly based on the 3005, but with a tapered leg.

Thanks again Kyle, now I might pick up the 2111.
My only concern is the thigh measurements on T&Y. I don't want them to fit like sausage casings! I wonder how accurate the measurements are, considering I found some measurements on Rakuten that show the thigh measurements an inch larger than T&Y.

Edited by Broark

If anyone is looking to part ways with a pair of 3009 size 36 with an unaltered inseam in like new condition, let me know. (I'm looking to pick up two pairs.) 

****I'm looking to save money, so I won't be down to fork out $300 +, otherwise I know where I'd go...