The Flat Head

LFC4ever

5. Red Wing

4. Pure Blue Japan

3. 2ND

2. Lightning Magazine

1. The Flat Head

Found this in the Superlists forum re top 5 companies you'd like to work at and although it's no longer 'news', thought it worth quoting.

Hah, I totally forgot about that. 

cashmoney, those jeans look great.  That's a good example of a pair that's obviously been washed a bunch, yet still has really good contrast. 

The K0011 fit is different from the 3009/2111; it's slimmer in the top thigh and slimmer overall through the leg, though the hem is only a little bit smaller than the 3009.  The rise is lower on the K0011, but longer than on the 3002.

I washed my 3009s this weekend, right on the four-month mark.  The whiskers/combs didn't change much but overall the color has changed from gray-ish to the familiar electric blue we all know and love; the vertical fading is starting to pop.  Here's an outdoor detail pic.

6EhZPHq.jpg

I'll wait until early September-ish (once the hot weather has passed) to wash them again.

Thanks for the tip on the K0011s, my 2111s have a nice straight cut but the weight is pretty tough to deal with here in Austin right now.

Plus since the denim is so thick the pockets are a little tough to open up so far, bit they're still pretty early on.

I'm really considering the K0011s but I feel like I need to put time into my 2111s first!

Just got a new tee in...not too concerned about it being loopwheeled or not because the hand feel and weight of the knit is amazing,

3a3da4560f3e1ef54dd6f9e9b1a83bf1_zpsc348

c9964b0abf25a325ba51b6e90db87c4c_zps932c

I just received my new f310 in a sz 29 and am sure that if i do an initial soak that they will not get back on me!

Should i:

soak them whilst on my body?

Not initial soak them?

wear them until they stretch a bit and then soak them?

Just interested to see what peoples thoughts are.

You should

1.) Try to exchange them for a bigger size

2.) Sell them and count your loses 

3.) Never wash your jeans and see them fall apart and destroyed prematurely (this is partly sarcasm but you get the idea)

Just my humble opinion. From my experience, and I would think most others on here, FH pioneer denim shrinks quite a bit with there first wash, because they will eventually hit the wash. 

So I would say just circumvent that awkward instance where you find yourself sitting with a pair of jeans in the bath tub, only to arrive at the later conclusion that these jeans simply do not fit you. 

I just received my new f310 in a sz 29 and am sure that if i do an initial soak that they will not get back on me!

Should i:

soak them whilst on my body?

Not initial soak them?

wear them until they stretch a bit and then soak them?

Just interested to see what peoples thoughts are.

Definitely exchange them for one size up, don't put yourself into that much pain or discomfort for a jean you're going to wear for that long.

I just feel that based on the other jeans i have worn (imperials and samurai) they are going to be perfect once they have stretched out that little bit and are in those longer periods between washes. 

Edited by Lukenstein

Then, based on your experience, why do you even ask? :P

No seriously, the Pioneer denim shrinks more. Samurai denim doesn't shrink that much and stretches a lot.

edit: could you make the jeans fit? yeah, probably and if that's the fit you want (skin tight) but your jeans will suffer from it...

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Because its this initial soak obstacle that i need to get past, after that i'm good. 

edit:    They're in the tub people. 

I know there are people here with countless denim knowledge and experience , but lets see how this plays out. 

Contrary to my earlier statement, i think i can get them on after a soak , itl just be a bit frankenstein until they relax a bit. 

See the funny side of it. 

Edited by Lukenstein

Since you are a denim size 30 and you bought a pair of 3001 in size 29.  I don't think there will be a happy ending here post soak.

I will be interested to see the post soak measurements.

Because its this initial soak obstacle that i need to get past, after that i'm good. 

I know there are people here with countless denim knowledge and experience , but lets see how this plays out. 

Contrary to my earlier statement, i think i can get them on after a soak , itl just be a bit frankenstein until they relax a bit. 

Not trying to rain on your parade, but this is not going to end well. The thing is that although your Samurais and Imperials worked the denim on these FH are an entirely different deal, and because it is a denim specifically made by the FH for them it will react differently than your other pairs.

Anyways, good luck but honestly like Kiya, B_F and others have said don't hurt your chances of reproduction (assuming that is relevant to you and your partner, future family)

@Kyle,

I read that you found out that the 12oz denim used in the K0011's is the same as the Shirt fabric.

Does this fabric have a particular name or reference?

The reason I ask Is that I find myself describing the jeans fabric as 'the same as the 12oz Shirt' which isn't very accurate.

Thanks.

Edited by UkeNo

No specific name (that I know of); I can't say it's the "7000 series denim" or something like that because the 7001 and 7002W use different denim.  But yes, it's the same denim as the 7002W.  Here's a reminder in case you've never seen how it fades:

577675_351939161538320_707923389_n.jpg

Let me know how this works out for you. Sounds like you didn't research about flat head denim enough. I'm no expert but from my experience your fighting a losing battle here. Size up

I did not research flat head denim , and did not know about the shrinking habits of said denim.

I got them on after a soak and have been wearing them since and am more than happy with the fit. The waist has stretched a bit already and i can already tell these will be my new best friends.

Wearing my grey loopwheeled tee today, not much stretch like demonator said. Although the neck has stretched to a comfortable fit after being a little tight.

gBRRC0dl.jpg

It's an all FH day: tee and 2111s.

Edited by Broark