The Flat Head

LFC4ever

I'm the same height as Cdennis. After washing/soaking my 3009s, I stretched them out from 84 cm to 89 cm while they were still wet. The inseam is the perfect length to wear uncuffed, or with a single cuff. You can definitely make it work! You might also want to consider the 2111, which is the same cut but in FH's 20 oz. denim.

jcashen87: The knee and hem in FH jeans usually shrinks around half an inch when fully shrunk. You might give them another soak, there's still some shrink left.

How is the front rise in those 3009/2111? I'm checking different sites and they show a lot of different measurements. In the official site they say the rise is rather low...

I found it to be pretty midrise. Neither too low, nor too long. But that's just out of my memory. (I am pretty sensible towards low rise jeans, and these didn't annoy me).

The rise on my size 33 3009s is lower than I would like. That's probably the main reason that I wish the F380s were not discontinued (higher rise). I also favor the poly core stitching and even the back pocket shape on the Frontier series. I would love it if Self Edge were able to continue to carry that jean like they do with the F310. Especially b/c the F380 is actually a different cut from the 3009, whereas the F310 is the same cut as the 3001 (as far as I know).

The rise on my size 33 3009s is lower than I would like. That's probably the main reason that I wish the F380s were not discontinued (higher rise). I also favor the poly core stitching and even the back pocket shape on the Frontier series. I would love it if Self Edge were able to continue to carry that jean like they do with the F310. Especially b/c the F380 is actually a different cut from the 3009, whereas the F310 is the same cut as the 3001 (as far as I know).

The F380 has a narrower thigh too, I think, which makes for less hip flare. If anyone has a line on an F380 in size 32 or 33, I'd be interested. Thnx.

I thought 3009 and f380 are the same cut.

My understanding is that they are close but actually different. I always thought that was why they had a different number in the name (8 vs. 9), whereas the other cuts like the 310 & 3001, or the 3005 & 350 share the same digit that is not a 3 or a 0. If you look at the measurements on Self Edge's site, they are different. I've tried both on and, in my opinion, they fit differently.

[[Edit]] After checking two pairs of the same size again, I noticed that the upper block does seem to run a bit bigger on the F380 than the 3009. So if I wear a 32 in 3009s, then I could probably safely size down to a 31 in the F380, the waist would measure about the same.  The F380 is also longer.

Edited by Kyle@TFH

I used to have the S0500xx in a size 31, and it was a pretty similar in the top thigh, I think, but the leg tapers more.  I currently wear a size 32 in 3009s.  I think you would be good in either a 29 or 30 for the 3009, but the best thing to do is to directly compare the measurements on your jeans with the posted measurements by DC4 or Self Edge.

[[Edit]] After checking two pairs of the same size again, I noticed that the upper block does seem to run a bit bigger on the F380 than the 3009. So if I wear a 32 in 3009s, then I could probably safely size down to a 31 in the F380, the waist would measure about the same.  The F380 is also longer.

Kyle, yes--that is my experience with the F380 vs. the 3009. The top block definitely fits me differently. I have an F380 in size 31 and the waist is a little less tight than my 3009 in size 33. The rise is also longer. When I measure the rise they measure similarly (though they are 2 sizes different), but when I wear them they feel very different. I prefer the 380 to the 3009. The 3009 narrows in at the waist more and has a shorter rise. It's pockets are also harder to get one's hands into. So if you come across any F380s in size 32 or 33 let me know! :)

The ultimate man-bag.

944710_373268706127359_1365655879_n.jpg

936204_373268752794021_2029986492_n.jpg

Flat Head's horsehide bag, made by Stockburg Leather Studio, only a stone's throw away from my house. 

This is the same horsehide that Flat Head uses on their leather jackets - tanned by Shinki Tannery, lined with FH's printed heavy canvas fabric, detailed with hand-punched iron studs and brass hardware.  It's the last shoulder bag I'll ever need.

Kyle, can you post a quick waist/thigh/rise measurement on your 32's? Could anyone with some 31's do the same? I'm 85% sure the 3009 is going to be my next pair.  I can't wait for a nice cut with something of a larger thigh.  Seems perfect...

Kyle, can you post a quick waist/thigh/rise measurement on your 32's? Could anyone with some 31's do the same? I'm 85% sure the 3009 is going to be my next pair.  I can't wait for a nice cut with something of a larger thigh.  Seems perfect...

Edited by Maddogwellz

RJB doesn't allow their stuff to be sold online other than from stores like Self Edge.  And thank you Kyle!

DC4 and Rivet and Hide have RJB. I need this god damn beautiful black/grey hickory western denim shirt. Very Badly!  :)

Progress from April 22nd for what it's worth. 2 cold machine washes at that point (one initial). Pictures taken with galaxy s3 HDR setting. Sunlight entering from right side of room. Non-HDR pics are the darker ones in album link. Fabric still as crunchy as day 1. Jawnz fit slim-straight on my midget legs. Fantastic quality & details; would buy again without hesitation. Will report back with more pics in 2 months.  http://imgur.com/a/QI0QB 

el2jRoyh.jpgH1E5G1Bh.jpg

Edited by rosarkar