The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Do NOT size down for the 3009. The waist measurements are a bit off on SE and the post soak fit will be quite uncomfortable if you opt for the stretch to fit method. Go TTS and you'll likely still have some work to do to make them fit how you'd like but the overall aesthetic will be much more appealing. If you want to size down just get another cut.

Can anyone else comment on the sizing of 3009? I went through the search results and noone else mentioned tts. Any other 3009 owners care to comment? How about after stretch?

I'm a size 33 (skin tight thighs that i stretch out) in the N&F weird guy. I have very muscular thighs and ass, but about a 32 inch waist.

Thanks

Edited by jockstick

Can anyone else comment on the sizing of 3009? I went through the search results and noone else mentioned tts. Any other 3009 owners care to comment? How about after stretch?

I'm a size 33 (skin tight thighs that i stretch out) in the N&F weird guy. I have very muscular thighs and ass, but about a 32 inch waist.

Thanks

I'll attemp a response here.. I've got muscular everything (no homo), wear a 32 in ih634s and recently picked up a 33" 3009. Glad I sized up one on the 3009s. Coulda gone up 2 even, like I did on my SDA 103s. If thighs are your controlling dimension.. I would not go TTS on the 3009.

Thanks

im a size 33, i have the 3009 in a 34. they were a tiny bit big presoak, did a WARM not hot soak, and let them dry 1 hour then wore them to dry after that, (long walk helps) . the lenth shrank pron 3 inches, the waist not much.they really dont strech much although they do strech some, the fit is Amazing, strait leg but still slim enough where its not baggy at all, ive found the top block is tighter fitting, pockets are hard to get into for a few weeks, when i stand or walk the thighs are great, they are a little tight while sitting, i have somewhat thick legs but not huge.overall great fit though is great, and with the 3xxx denim you cant lose. recommend them high

I agree that in terms of the waist, it is wise to size up in these jeans. However, you really need to be mindful of the hip flare and the bunching around the knees when you take this option. ( Not to mention, sizing up is a tad bit sloppier in the seat.) This is why I decided to fight through the 31. (TTS.)

Edited by Shoreman

I've got the FHxN&F on right now and a couple of things to watch out for:

The inseam, after a hot-ish soak (I wore them in the bath) does shrink up quite a bit. I'm a natural 31" and I definitely wouldn't want them to shrink any more.

The thighs are pretty tight. I'm coming on 3 weeks total wearing time and they haven't loosened up much. The waist is fine, but the thighs are tight.

These definitely fit tighter than my N&FxMomotaro weird guys, which were kind of loose right out of the box. I know - unsanforized v sanforized denim, but they almost feel like different cuts.

It shows kind of short-sighted thinking on the part of the designers of the FHxN&F jeans. Flat Head's unsanforized denim shrinks like crazy, you can't just take an existing sanforized cut and expect that to translate well to that FH's denim. At the very least they should have added 3-4" to the inseam length and size up with their waist tags. Hope you can get them working for you, though.

mrjfang, those look fantastic. That's the Flat Head color we know and love for sure.

I've got the FHxN&F on right now and a couple of things to watch out for:

The inseam, after a hot-ish soak (I wore them in the bath) does shrink up quite a bit. I'm a natural 31" and I definitely wouldn't want them to shrink any more.

The thighs are pretty tight. I'm coming on 3 weeks total wearing time and they haven't loosened up much. The waist is fine, but the thighs are tight.

These definitely fit tighter than my N&FxMomotaro weird guys, which were kind of loose right out of the box. I know - unsanforized v sanforized denim, but they almost feel like different cuts.

Wait, did you get the same size for both? When you say the thighs are tight, do they still correspond to the measurements here?

http://tateandyoko.com/1-jeans/126-flat-head-x-naked-famous-x-tate-yoko-collaboration-jean.html

I bought the same tagged size, but didn't realize the big difference in measurements! When I tried the 34" N&FxMomos I couldn't get them done up, so there wasn't much choice anyway.

I get measured on Friday so I'll be able to better comment on the thigh measurement then.

How do people like the 2001?

why is 2001 more popular than 1001 now?

same cut, same denim, but has a zipper fly instead of a button fly (which most people like button)...and I think the threads? one being poly cotton and the other cotton...correct me if I'm wrong

I love my 1001s..slightly thicker than my f380 but not too noticable...cut is perfect for me

I saw a few 1001's in the market for cheap

Hey guys,

I just got a pair of FH BSP's from the market place in size 34. I was expecting them to be a little big but they are pretty tight. I wanted to ask if these jeans stretch, since currently it is pretty tight in the thigh.

This pair was also slightly tapered from the original owner and I wanted to know if it is possible to "untaper" them. They still have the original selvedge inseam but its just wider than normal. I think it would be better if I could have them changed back to the original dimensions. Let me know if anyone has any experience with this.