The Flat Head

LFC4ever

I wonder if cuddlestheshee would actually behave like he/she does in person? It was clearly a legitimate question, the description of the jeans has an inconsistency which may not have been intended by the poster. Hate away if you think that is in any way wrong.

edit: seen arthur's other post. He did mean it. Oh well, he won't complain when he goes to the shop, buys an unused apple which only has two bites out of it :rolleyes:

i'm pretty sure i've seen plenty of negative/derogatory posts from cuddlestheshee on these boards.

pot kettle black.

I'm still not a huge fan of the red stitching but those Inazumas look incredible.

Forgot to mention this before but I have a new pair of one-wash 3001s for sale in the Supermarket, featuring the old-style Japanese arcs. You won't get another great deal on these without paying a whole lot more money via proxies.

I've been going through the back pages of this thread, and I see that the 3009 and the 3005 aren't that popular (or not as popular as the bsp or 3001).

Does anyone have, or know where I can find post soak measurements on the 3009 or 3005 (tagged waist 36)?

I have some slim fit jeans (APC new standard) but I would also like to have some looser (but not baggy) fit jeans. It's not always a slim fit day.

Fully shrunk, Flat Head's 3XXX denim jeans are about .4-5" smaller in the rise/thigh/hem than in an unwashed size. The inseam will shrink to 84 cm / about 33 inches (the exception being the mercifully-long SE05BSP.) The 3009 sounds like it's what you're looking for, the 3005 is much looser. Go true to size for the right fit. An agitated hot soak/soap-less hot wash seems to get rid of nearly all the shrinkage in one shot, based on my experience.

No idea why nicely-faded 3009s don't show up on here. I think it's actually Flat Head's best cut (still slim, but without such tight thighs.)

Thanks for the info. I'm trying to figure out the hem and thigh sizes mostly. A 3009 as a hem of 9 pre-soak. A 33 inch inseam seems like a lot of shrinkage from the measured 38 on self edge.

The 9" hem is kind of what I want in the finished product. I was hoping that the hem shrinkage would be a bit less, keeping in mind that I'm 5'11 so my hem would be at 32".

Maybe the f380?

Airforbes: Assuming that SE's 3009s are really 38" long pre-soak, they should shrink down to 35". I'm not sure if those measurements are reliable or not, though. I got some F310s from SE before and though they're listed as 37.5" on the site, they were actually about 36" long - that's the normal length for FH jeans in Japan. Assuming SE gets a special run of 3009s, those might actually be 38". If so, you should be fine. You'll be fine either way if your true inseam is 32".

The F380 and 3009 are the same cut. If you can get the F380 it's a better value than the 3009, SE is charging way too much for the 3009 for some reason, since construction-wise there's nothing there that should justify higher prices than the other, cheaper models they carry like the F310 or F380.

Very nice jeans Goki, I'd love to see some full pics. How many months?

Airforbes: Assuming that SE's 3009s are really 38" long pre-soak, they should shrink down to 35". I'm not sure if those measurements are reliable or not, though. I got some F310s from SE before and though they're listed as 37.5" on the site, they were actually about 36" long - that's the normal length for FH jeans in Japan. Assuming SE gets a special run of 3009s, those might actually be 38". If so, you should be fine. You'll be fine either way if your true inseam is 32".

The F380 and 3009 are the same cut. If you can get the F380 it's a better value than the 3009, SE is charging way too much for the 3009 for some reason, since construction-wise there's nothing there that should justify higher prices than the other, cheaper models they carry like the F310 or F380.

Awesome. Thanks for the help.

k, guys; I need all my flat head stuff to go this week. ( I can't have this money just hanging around any more.) make me some solid offers--within north america--and we'll be good to go.

-3009 size 32

-buffalo check winter flannel, red, size 42

-light-weight grandelle chambray workshirt, size 42

-shawl collar cardigan, sweat material, size 40, black and grey.

For the London guys in this thread; I went by Son of a Stag today and was chatting with the guys there. They say that they are going to be stocking Flat Head and Iron Heart in the near future, July-August sometime. Just a heads up.