The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Very nice jeans Goki, I'd love to see some full pics. How many months?

about 16 or so now. I'll post another update in a month or two, they're the same ones from last month just newly repaired and hemmed

^damn that's way faster evo than i have. Good work!

x post from jeans evo thread:

My FH 1001s. 2 hot presoaks and a tumble dry in an effort to shrink it to size. Worked out but forgot to turn em inside out like an idiot and they got permacreases (+fades) along the sides of the leg. Oh well, still love em to death.

At 1 year-ish.

Back-1-year-1-wash.jpg

Front-1-year-1-wash.jpg

Front-Detail.jpg

Right-Detail.jpg

Cuff-Detail-2.jpg

For the London guys in this thread; I went by Son of a Stag today and was chatting with the guys there. They say that they are going to be stocking Flat Head and Iron Heart in the near future, July-August sometime. Just a heads up.

That's cool although I hope they're able to offer them at a decent price. Their Momotaros and SDAs are really too expensive to consider shopping there.

*sigh* Not this again. Another site blatantly ripping off Self Edge's brand and product descriptions, grammatically incorrect use of "it's" and all. Dudes, it takes five minutes to write one of these. Watch:

Hailing from the mountainous Nagano region of Japan, The Flat Head is a brand that draws its inspiration from classic American styles from the thirties through the sixties. From elaborate selvage fabrics to the obscure and complex machinery used to create the final product, The Flat Head's clothes show an obsession with detail found in few other brands. Not content to simply follow the workwear trend, The Flat Head makes a wide variety of clothing based on vintage designs but with the brand's own unique spin: loop-wheeled graphic tees, Hawaiian and western check shirts, and much more. But at the heart of Flat Head's lineup are their jeans and the dramatic electric blue vertical fade that is simply superlative. From button holes to chain stitches and everything in between, The Flat Head lives up to its motto: We Are Particular About Our Clothes.

The Flat Head 3009

A slim-straight cut in between the classic straight of the 3005 and the slim tapered 3001, the 3009 is the perfect modern slim fit, with a medium rise, comfortable thigh and gentle taper from the knee down. These jeans are made with Flat Head's famous 3XXX denim, a 14.5 oz. unsanforized fabric with a soft but slubby weave and almost-purple color when new; most importantly, it's famous for its vertical streaking and high-contrast electric blue fade. The 3009 features a button fly, Flat Head's classy back pocket arcs, hidden back-pocket rivets, and silk-screened pocket bags.

Note: Flat Head's fabric is unsanforized and will shrink 3" in length, 1.5-2" in the waist, and .4-.5" in the rise/thigh/knee/hem. Please note that unlike most brands, The Flat Head's denim typically takes 2-3 soaks or washes to fully shrink.

Edited by Cold Summer

*sigh* Not this again. Another site blatantly ripping off Self Edge's brand and product descriptions, grammatically incorrect use of "it's" and all. Dudes, it takes five minutes to write one of these.

Maybe both places are just copying and pasting from Flat Heads' press sheet.

I rather doubt that. It looks like they copypasted and changed a word here and there. As an English major who was trained to despise plagiarism, this sort of thing kind of bothers me. I'm skeptical FH has an English press sheet, but I can't know for sure.

As a minor quibble, I kind of doubt the 3009 is their most popular model in Japan. Based on sites I've looked at, the 3005 seems like their most popular fit - it's carried at a lot more places than the 3009 and seems to be more sold out - but maybe Kiya has stats I don't.

That's cool although I hope they're able to offer them at a decent price. Their Momotaros and SDAs are really too expensive to consider shopping there.

Yeah, I was in there on the weekend to pick up a pair of jeans I had chainstitched and checked out some Momotaros, SDAs and Spellbounds. The prices were ridiculous. With current exchange rates, it's about 60% more than the rest of the market. The Spellbounds were more than double the price on Blue Owl. Super nice guys, and I would pay a little more for the service that they offered, but my charity does not extend to paying double.

I figure that the FHs are going to be insanely priced.

hello everyone, i plan to buy f310, i need your suggestion about the sizing.

so i wear thin finn dry black coated sz 28 its means : 77cm

so, for fh310 which size i pick? 28 29 or 30?

many thanks!

In regards to the FH 1001 sizing, I guess i had a outlier pair, cuz i bought a tagged 30 and the measurements were that of the 32. Definitely weird and most likely rare, but definitely something that can happen if you buy online.