The Flat Head

LFC4ever

i read in the indo forum that @darbir put his jeans in the washing machine right side out for 1 hour 9 minutes on the "denim" cycle. i reckon it was the right side out that did it (the vertical lines). in my experience, you can put yr jeans thru all sorts of cycles, including the spin cycle, for however long, tumble dry them, and theyll be fine as long as you turn em inside out.

sorry for the late reply guys, thank you so much for the explanation @afuadha and @oomslokop. yea its true im not turn em inside out like oomslokop said, really sad and i hope the vertical lines will be gone soon :(

The Flat Head Winter flannels, Red & Blue and 3009, size 31 jeans for sale here:

http://supertalk.sup...n-ebbets-field/

For sale, The Flat Head Winter Flannels, size 42.

$225 each shipped to North America. Contact me for international rates.

Blue SOLD

ATgzdl.jpg

Got these in the other day and didn't know they'd shrink so much in the waist. Awesome fit everywhere except the waist. So, I'm putting them up hoping for a quick sale before I decide to keep them and endure the pain.

Initial hot soak followed by a cold soak.

The Flat Head 3009 size 31

$375 shipped to North America

Waist: 15.3

Inseam: 34.5

8ce9Il.jpg

Edited by Shoreman

SE05BSP, Pre-soak

BSP1.jpg

BSP2.jpg

BSP3.jpg

Post-Soak

BSP4.jpg

BSP5.jpg

BSP6.jpg

I really like these. They're kind of an odd fit, though. The top block is really comfy and relaxed but not saggy, while it gets really tight in the lower thighs (not quite as much as my PBJs, though) before a nice fit in the lower leg. If the lower thigh was just a little bit looser the fit would be pretty much perfect. I'm guessing the problem is that since I'm so tall I have longer thighs than most people that cut into the knee area of most jeans. I suspect most pairs of slim jeans start tapering 2-3" too high for me. Stacks haven't settled yet but the long inseam feels great and overall I'm very happy to finally get some good canvas for watching this denim's legendary fading.

hi guys im lookin at getting either FH310's or IH301's, im just wonderng how these compare to the nudie thin finn cut and sizing related to it, thanks in advance

FH310's & IH301s are two different cuts. the 310 is a slim straight, the 301s is a slim taper. i don't recall much about Nudie cuts but the IH301s is slimmer overall than the FH310 - if that helps at all....

Need some help guys, I got these sz 33 f310's in the mail today. here they are, pre soak of course

IMG_4745.jpg

IMG_4746.jpg

i had to struggle to get it on the waist but after about 5 minutes i managed to get it (part of the problem was the buttonhole was kind of small). thighs are a little tight but i can still pinch out some fabric. I do plan to do cold soak for about an hour and lose 10 lbs in the next 3-4 weeks to slim down if i keep them. I haven't seen SE have a 34 in stock for a while so should i soak them and wear or return to self edge?

thanks!

Need some help guys, I got these sz 33 f310's in the mail today. here they are, pre soak of course

IMG_4745.jpg

IMG_4746.jpg

i had to struggle to get it on the waist but after about 5 minutes i managed to get it (part of the problem was the buttonhole was kind of small). thighs are a little tight but i can still pinch out some fabric. I do plan to do cold soak for about an hour and lose 10 lbs in the next 3-4 weeks to slim down if i keep them. I haven't seen SE have a 34 in stock for a while so should i soak them and wear or return to self edge?

thanks!

Depends how you like to wear your jeans. I've come to the conclusion that if I have difficulty buttoning up a pair pre-soak, then they're too small. I like the look of those jeans as is, which means you could probably benefit from a size up.

also keep in mind most raw jeans, including Flat Head, will stretch beyond their raw state after a while. if you're concerned about it, jam something in the waist while soaking, and indeed after, to stretch the waist. may seem like a hassle but it helps.

Edited by okisan

and I wonder where on your body you wanna lose 10 lbs? :P most of the time the " i'm going to lose weight"-shit doesn't work

the 34 is the safer way and you will be able to wash your jeans properly and don't have to be afraid of them become too small in some months. as the cold soak only helps you now...but when you machine wash they will shrink nevertheless.

and I wonder where on your body you wanna lose 10 lbs? :P most of the time the " i'm going to lose weight"-shit doesn't work

the 34 is the safer way and you will be able to wash your jeans properly and don't have to be afraid of them become too small in some months. as the cold soak only helps you now...but when you machine wash they will shrink nevertheless.

i know it'll come from all around my body not just my waist, but it will definitely help slim my waist. Anyways i have faith in myself, i did lose 20 lbs over the past year but let myself go (with eating) this past winter break with no cardio. just gotta incorporate 20 min jogs after my weightlifting during the week and i'll be good by the end of this month.

thanks for the tip okisan, i ended up putting a 5 gallon bucket in the waist and hanging the jeans upside down to dry, definitely did help!

anyways some post soak pics, sorry they're out of focus (no cordless shutter release):

IMG_4749.jpg

IMG_4748.jpg

was able to button them up, they're slightly tighter around the thighs but these are a slim cut that i'm not used to.