The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Hello, This is my very first post. I've been reading a lot around here for a couple of weeks. Would someone be so kind to explain to my their reasons for the negative response that I see here above in regards to the possible Flat Head x Naked and Famous collaboration?

One of the reasons that I ask is because I just got myself some N&F x ONI jeans and I am seriously digging em.

Thanks!

I agree that they don't need to do it, but think of all the great denim brands, nearly all of them have done some sort of collab (maybe not samurai) even eternal did a mash up with dior right? Is Lanvin laughable now they did the h&m collab, what about Alden with JCrew. Great brands can do great collabs and not take away from their image (IMO)

flat head x N&f is like five guys collaborating with mcdonalds.

but if it's just N&f using flat head's denim, that's not so bad i guess. my main gripe with n&f (aside from their kinda trashy image, compared to FH's classiness) is that their denim is kinda ugly looking, at least when new.

Edited by Cold Summer

The reason I wouldn't jump on board is the construction and fit...It does give a people the chance to try out "new" denim at a lower price point so it's not necessarily a bad thing for the masses (and come on, most people aren't buying $100+ denim anyway)...I'd just rather shell out the extra cash for the real deal!

thanks for your honest thoughts folks. i think i get it. that being said....if umami burger figured out a way to get their burgers to be pumped out of all mcdonalds i would be psyched just as long as the quality was still there. so if flathead can make some sweet jeans and naked and famous wanna market them....i am down!

I agree that they don't need to do it, but think of all the great denim brands, nearly all of them have done some sort of collab (maybe not samurai) even eternal did a mash up with dior right? Is Lanvin laughable now they did the h&m collab, what about Alden with JCrew. Great brands can do great collabs and not take away from their image (IMO)

funny that people still believe this urban myth...eternal x dior

I'm on the side, which doesn't want a collab but it's too late now I guess

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

You guys do know that the collabs run about 265? Which is nearly as expensive as buying flatheads outright... And if it is anything like the momo collab the construction of the jeans will happen at FH which will result in the same quality you all love. It pretty much boils down to if you like the WG or SG fit. To each his own, I am bias because I have the momo x NF weird guy because i wanted a slim fit with room for my thighs that momo did not currently offer (at least when I was poking around it seemed anything remotely slim had little baby thighs). The quality of construction on my pair is really good, I will see with age how it stacks up against my eternals but right off the bat it is a much higher construction then regular NF denim.

Zomg im going to get negged because I didn't say YA F COLLABS BRAHHH

ye theres no reason to hate saw them in person today n they are amazing, n&f fit but all flathead material

edit: and its not being mass produced, very limited so even less to worry about

Edited by SamRyz

I believe the "Dior x Eternal" was just Dior using the same denim as Eternals did. Not a "official" collab

Amazing.