Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

and people hate on evisu lol

^ but the pigs are so cute!

Seriously though, these are made for the denim hobbyist dads in Japan to wear on the weekends whilst waxing his SDA leathers - would look douche on anybody else :P

I would buy a pair once I reach hobbyist-dad status!

Can anyone here give me some info on the D1466?

I ordered some 103s the other day. Turns out they're a half inch larger raw than the last run, not sure if the waist will shrink enough for my taste after several hot washes. So I'm thinking about sending them back and buying the D1466 instead.

My only real questions are shrinkage (guessing inch, inch and a half in the waist. .5inch elsewhere) and if they're pure or natural indigo. BiG lists it as "Genuine indigo."

I ordered some 103s the other day. Turns out they're a half inch larger raw than the last run, not sure if the waist will shrink enough for my taste after several hot washes. So I'm thinking about sending them back and buying the D1466 instead.

My only real questions are shrinkage (guessing inch, inch and a half in the waist. .5inch elsewhere) and if they're pure or natural indigo. BiG lists it as "Genuine indigo."

The D1466 is a zip fly model that is cut fairly similar to the SD-103. Supposedly its denim is tightly woven yet a bit slubby at the same time, something that you don't see too often.

I don't own this model, but I think your shrinkage estimates will be pretty accurate for this one, since it is a tightly woven denim.

Also, the D1466 is not a natural indigo model.

I have the Kojima D1466 in a size 30. The waist shrank 1.5" and about 0.5" elsewhere (front and back rise), as you predicted. Leg opening shrank 0.25" and inseam shrank 2.5" for me.

Pure synthetic indigo.

Denim is a nod to the older SDA fabrics many years back when they were mostly using fabric that resembled old Cone ones.

Seems like those painted asses are a decent size part of Evisu and SDA lineups, but I've never seen anyone on here with a pair. I never see any JP guys in Lightning or Free & Easy wearing them either.

Who's wearing that shit?

Hobbyists dads!

I like the actual paintings on those jeans, but would never wear them as it seems really tacky. But those are the best paintings I've seen on a pair of jeans so far.

Agreed.

You can't compare this to the simple graffiti on Evisu's - although both equally outrageous :P

Would kop and frame if they did it on a denim canvas.

This one looks nice:

003mg7091-p1.jpg

And mine, a quick update:

p1030002k.jpg

p1030007f.jpg

p1030011r.jpg

Thread is fraying and starting to break in the loop which the belt passes through...not that it matters, since the leather is a single piece.

Looking to get a new holder soon.

I picked up the indigo dyed loopwheel sweatshirt a month or so ago.

Got some sauce stains on it during a drunk night...

How would one go about washing it?

To minimize indigo loss, I would hand wash it. if that's too much trouble, or if the stains are too stubborn, you'll have to go with the machine wash. I would recommend something like Dr. Bronner's for detergent.

X-Post from HwDCotW-thread:

SAM_1808klein.jpg

SDA - Xs31 (Black Pig) for the Heavyweight Championship of the World.

The denim is 21oz with the weft died black, which actually makes the difference from an oerdye, i think.

SAM_1809klein.jpg

Stand up for the Champions!

SAM_1810klein.jpg?t=1294494036

Construction is second to none.

SAM_1799klein.jpg

SAM_1800klein.jpg

SAM_1803klein.jpg

SAM_1804.jpg

SAM_1797klein.jpg

Presoak fit:

SAM_1794fitkleinKopie.jpg

Soaking right now.