Warehouse

Medine

Washed my 1001XX 15 Anniv last night, so I decided to take some pix today. There's a little more contrast between the worn and non-worn areas than there appears in these photos, but I am not going for contrasty fades with these guys.

dsc00875j.jpg

By Setterman at 2011-06-18

dsc00877m.jpg

By setterman at 2011-06-18

dsc00881tj.jpg

By setterman at 2011-06-18

^my man not too tight is right....I see added value that I'm willing to pay an extra $20 for when using Hide-san's services...Speed, efficiency, the complete product (who knows if someone else will cut off the tab?)...To be honest, I haven't really dealt with many other shops directly, but when response time from Hide/Nobu is usually within 5 minutes after sending them a message, can you really blame me? ;)

Don't forget about the Crunky he throws in! :)

I'm gonna wash my 660s soon an evo will ensue!

^Kind of makes me wish I got a 1003XX pair while I had the extra cash...Guess I'll just have to play it by ear...As far as "official", it's as close as we'll probably get, I checked in with Gordon who confirmed with Warehouse although my impression was that they didn't straight up say it...His wording was "basically the same" on the 1001XX 15th and the new run...Although the 700XX and 1000XX should be the same. I'll report back with pictures once they arrive (most likely Monday as I'll be out of town til then).

Also, I've FINALLY started wearing my 15th's the other day...Weekend warrior but they are officially my go to's...I'll just say this is probably my favorite denim fabric that I've owned...

so whats the difference in cut between 700xx and 1000xx? I always assumed the 1000xx is about the same cut as the famous BIG 660?

Also nobody planning to pick up the 1004xx? I wanted so hard for those to come with suspender buttons

still trying to rotate my 1001xx 15th ann. They are not my wife's favorite jeans so she gives me a hard time when I wear them but whatever...

ive seen some nice evo on a pair of 1003xx on the warehouse blog; go check it out!

1004XX is basically the 700 with 15th 1001XX denim. I would consider getting 1004XX if different denim was used.

Compare to 1000XX (including the older models), 660 is slimmer with a slightly lower rise. 660 is also tapered where 1000XX/1001XX are straight cuts. The current 1000xx is based on the 700 cut. I don't think there's much difference between them in terms of the cut. Aho can compare his 700J vs 1000XX next week and let us know if there's any significant difference between them.

^Just got back from my trip and saw my EMS package with 1000XX resting at my door...From initial impressions, the cut has a higher rise that I can remember my 700's (which of course came one wash so take this with a grain of salt) having, but I would liken it to a somewhat slimmer 15th Anniversary 1001XX pair. The thighs seem to have a tad more room and the taper seems less wide than I remember the 15th's but I'll have pictures and measurements up tomorrow. As far as the denim, it is certainly heavier than the 15anni's, and I would liken the darkness more towards the 1000XX oxidization denim we are all familiar with. Less nep and hair for sure than the 15th but beautiful in it's own right. Tab is a nice addition and the stitching is so good!

I noticed on the new cinchback model (1004XX and 700XX), the construction of the yoke is a bit different than on the other model. The "top" yoke part is sewn on top of the "bottom" yoke part, whereas on the other model, it's the other way around.

pics:

700xx

27cf754d.jpg

I know wrangler has always used this kind of construction since the old time (In double volante thread, kuniyoshi-san mentioned that it is for easy access to backpockets for cowboys when they're riding).

But considering that this is a levis repro model, Does anyone knows if this is historically correct for a levis repro? (strictly for cinchback era, perhaps?)

contd.

The denim as I said has a very smooth hand to it. Heavier and thicker feel than the 1000XX Oxidizing denim and the 7x7 denim on the 15th Anniversary's...

5878955464_ce68440f19_z.jpg

5878955470_a81b6f15c0_z.jpg

1000XX (left, RAW) vs. 1001XX (right, soaked)

5878404875_b1476564b7_z.jpg

Thickness of 6x6 vs 7x7 is clear

5878404883_6053d525e5_z.jpg

5878404889_9f0b5c2666_z.jpg

5878404893_77e0a084cb_z.jpg

As evident in the photos, the 15th denim has a more active blue tint to it as well as considerably more nep and hairyness. It is immediate to the touch that the 1000XX uses a heavier denim which is very even. Both are some of the highest quality denim I've seen, and I would almost liken the new 1000XX to the same pliancy of a Zimbabwe cotton Fullcount pair. I wonder how the denim would evolve once soaked, but don't plan on soaking these for at least a few years. You can also tell from the photos that the backpockets are longer and slimmer than the 15th's. The stitching is amazing on both. All in all, an incredible purchase....even my girlfriend after handling both pairs and then her own selvage Levi's remarked that the difference in quality between a WH and everything else was obvious.

Enjoy!

Thanks Aho. Can't rep you. Compare to your 1001XX, would you say the 1000xx is slimmer from the thigh down or the top block is slimmer as well? Also, is it just me or the belt loops are flat?

arya_triad - My guess is that Warehouse base the 700XX/1004XX on a pair of 30s 501XX with the Wrangler back yoke.

thanks Snake for the 411 and Aho for the comparison pictures

my wife is in japan the next two months so the temptation to buy some WH stuff is increasing exponentially

lame prewash pictures of my 660s. nearly a year of wear since i've worn them almost everyday since i purchased them last july.

hot pre soak

1 hot hand wash at 6(?) months

DSC_1931.jpg

DSC_1929.jpg

Lot's of chain grease from my bike

DSC_1930-1.jpg