Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

Yes, just another cool brand to add spice to denim culture. I love all the choices and how each brand has it's own niche. I am evolving in my taste for the cut , fade, denim,  and style in which I wear my denim. The problem is I can't stop myself and I rotate many pairs but I have a longterm outlook I just can't gain weight.

The numbers 714 and 515 are indeed dates and are separate from the actual model notations, which consist of fabric type (ex: "OA") and cut (ex: "01" vs "02" vs "03"; 01 being late 40s-50s, 02 being 60s, 03 being WWII).  

As far as gaining weight, I'm an expert on the subject but am an advocate of wearing loose/sizing large lol

Wow that is a pretty good breakdown of the brand. I just starting researching this morning. I have always seen and respected the brand but for some reason decided to dive in a little deeper. Thanks so much for the education guys.

Yeah, there used to be very extensive custom options including dozens of different denims, but it seems that ended a couple years ago. Now pretty much everything they make is in the OA denim, or other materials like the duck, etc.

If you tend to wear your jeans a bit slimmer, they do appear have a size 31 available in the OA02XX-0714.

http://ooeyofukuten.ocnk.net/product/3

I got those jeans in size 33 when I typically wear a 31 waist, and I definitely could have gone down to the 32s. My current sizing still has a good sillhouette, not really baggy, but the fabric has a good amount of stretch to it to make the waist work and there's plenty of room in the top block to have gone down a bit smaller.

But otherwise, if you don't like the 515 model as much, they're always changing up details and the 02 is a staple cut. If you wait another year, there's almost certainly going to be a new version out.

The numbers 714 and 515 are indeed dates and are separate from the actual model notations, which consist of fabric type (ex: "OA") and cut (ex: "01" vs "02" vs "03"; 01 being late 40s-50s, 02 being 60s, 03 being WWII).  

As far as gaining weight, I'm an expert on the subject but am an advocate of wearing loose/sizing large lol

ive momentarily out-fatted my OA02's man...

ive momentarily out-fatted my OA02's man...

You lot should get back in your 32's 'til next summer so you can join the tour.

Another x-post, fresh out the washer and dryer!

Another wash and dry for my pair.

Wish I had some better photo taking abilities, but I've only got an iPhone 6 and the lighting always seems to come out wonky...

VJhEols.jpg?2

hOUu19o.jpg?1

pVynT5A.jpg

58VbQXQ.jpg

dOHPC4B.jpg?1

ezgd7MN.jpg?2

G8Fhdl6.jpg

W1uYQAc.jpg

aieUC2u.jpg

Wasn't the 41 the heaviest of the bunch and Feeling more like 16 oz?

I asked about this years ago when they were giving out samples. I have a sample of 41 somewhere in my denim scraps.

"The heaviest denim is No.41. It is 14.5-15oz."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^For me, it's about the subtlety and dedication required for the OAXX denim; that, and they're the only jeans that fit me comfortably lol

I've compared the fabric to my actual vintage 47' era Levi's and I still stand by that. I owe flash a picture (my sincere bad mate!); hopefully I'll have good light this weekend!

I am waiting for the next allotment of the OAXX denim to appear. I was told sometime in October. I want to check in with you guys who have been wearing OOE's.... I am planning to go two sizes up from my waist measurement correct? I have a size 30.5 waist and average thigh measurements. I am planning on getting a 32 which is strange because I only have one other pair sized up by two and those are the BB's fr IH for a loose fit. Please chime in on this since I had some near misses on my last two purchases.

Despite my research.

^For me, it's about the subtlety and dedication required for the OAXX denim; that, and they're the only jeans that fit me comfortably lol

I've compared the fabric to my actual vintage 47' era Levi's and I still stand by that. I owe flash a picture (my sincere bad mate!); hopefully I'll have good light this weekend!

Did you out fat the TCB's?  My Samurai 710 (upsized) and TCB's are the only jeans that are comfortable for me at this point haha

They certainly do like their vanity sizing at Ooe but they also do stretch quite a bit too. I am a 31 waist and these two pairs are both 31s OA02-0515 on left and OA01XX-0614 on right. They are a little snug after they have been washed but stretch out ok. 

IMG_1893_zpsbkbog2o4.jpg

IMG_1894_zpsvsb8saiz.jpg

IMG_1898_zpswzdgpa4x.jpg

They certainly do like their vanity sizing at Ooe but they also do stretch quite a bit too. I am a 31 waist and these two pairs are both 31s OA02-0515 on left and OA01XX-0614 on right. They are a little snug after they have been washed but stretch out ok.

Ooe's usually shrink from tab size, that is, they end up being one size smaller than than the tab size after some wear.

so your waist is 31 and you got the sz 31. The chart has a 31 waist at 28 something. I guess you did a cold soak? I am interested in your answer because the 32s are sold out and I am waiting for the new models to come out. My waist is 30.5 , do you think the 31's would work for me?

Wondering what this NOS denim is all about if you all follow their insta or Facebook...very cool theyre doing a late 50s offset beltloop paper patch model too! Im wanting to try new fabric in an 02 cut though

Edited by aho

so your waist is 31 and you got the sz 31. The chart has a 31 waist at 28 something. I guess you did a cold soak? I am interested in your answer because the 32s are sold out and I am waiting for the new models to come out. My waist is 30.5 , do you think the 31's would work for me?

I also wanted 32 but they had sold out and as my OA01 in 31 fitted ok I took a gamble. Wore them in the bath for first warm soak to stop the waist shrinking too much. First 30c wash was a bit painful trying to get them on afterwards but they stretched out ok and fit without the need of a belt which is what I prefer. Can't stand loose jeans which overlap when you tighten them up with a belt.