TCB: happy jeans contest

aho

Thanks for all the compliments, folks. I'm holding off on posting any more pix until other people get theirs, to avoid driving people crazy! But you'll be pleased to know I did the first tv interview (nothing too glamorous, only local) for my forthcoming book wearing these beasties. Wednesday I'll be off camping in the Volvo and probabyl in the British rain...

As I was away when they arrived I didn't measure them, just soaked, washed at medium temp (in one of your fab American toploader machines) and actually wore them until they were more or less dry. I reckon they lost a minimum two inches in length; seat and thighs shrank noticeably but the waist has probably stretched out fully. Shape is pretty much exactly what I'd want form a 50s pair.

I'm sure you will all be fine if you go with your regular japanese jeans size, or even if you've sized down by an inch. They're looking great so far, a fair bit of fluff on them, and I have a loom fault right across one thigh, pretty much like the one i had on my contest Roy X Cone.

i wont relax on the sizing until I have them in my possession.  There were three sizing charts floating in the thread, each contradicting the other.  I finally made my decision based off Ed's measurements and I hope that was the right thing to do :eek:

i wont relax on the sizing until I have them in my possession.  There were three sizing charts floating in the thread, each contradicting the other.  I finally made my decision based off Ed's measurements and I hope that was the right thing to do :eek:

I sincerely hope you bought them like you would any other unsanforized Japanese jean, as Paul said. 

I sincerely hope you bought them like you would any other unsanforized Japanese jean, as Paul said. 

Unsanforized for confusion and better wear, right? :)

I sized based on Eddie's hard measurements.  If I sized like most other brands they would have been too small, as they shrink from tag size, not to tag size.  Im still uneasy, as I always am with this shit.  Then it works out perfectly and life miraculously goes on! 

Thanks for all the compliments, folks. I'm holding off on posting any more pix until other people get theirs, to avoid driving people crazy! But you'll be pleased to know I did the first tv interview (nothing too glamorous, only local) for my forthcoming book wearing these beasties. Wednesday I'll be off camping in the Volvo and probabyl in the British rain...

Paul, photos of you, the TCB's and your beautiful P1800 floating in the British mud are mandatory! ahah! I wish you find some glorious British weather!

Just to keep things moving while everyone waits for their pair...

Fluffiness has diminished on mine. Afer getting back from Ca, the nipper and I went for a quick couple of days camping in Suffolk, on the English East coast. This was the first time we ever camped with the woofer.... who somehow ended up sleeping on our bed. As you can see, fluffiness has not diminished on our woofer.

camp_zpsbee8d847.jpg

Edited by Paul T

Thanks for your patience everyone! All good things are worth waiting for! ;)

Paul T had a very narrow window in which he could receive the jeans otherwise he would've had to drop out so I was able to work it out with Inoue-san. Hope you all don't mind! Paul's punishment however, is all of our raging jealousy and wanting him to post more pictures ;)

while i think we all want to lay our hands on these beauties, i believe ed is already doing everything he can to get them to us as soon as possible, so lay him some slack already! we all know how shitty customs are...

i am curious though on whether there is a final list of people who purchased these?

Edited by ranonranonarat

Also pretty hot here in Chicago...I keep seeing commercials etc. about fall shopping etc. but it's still 90 degrees F here, and heat indexes in the 100's this week... :(

ah well, more TCB to tease us:

15024372871_5e8ce0ca95_c.jpg
Edited by aho

Thanks for your patience everyone! All good things are worth waiting for! ;)

Paul T had a very narrow window in which he could receive the jeans otherwise he would've had to drop out so I was able to work it out with Inoue-san. Hope you all don't mind! Paul's punishment however, is all of our raging jealousy and wanting him to post more pictures ;)

If it makes anyone feel better, having arranged the fabric for the ROy x Cone contest, I received my jeans several weeks later than everyone else thanks to some post shenanigans. We are all getting an amazing deal on these jeans, and many thanks to Ed who is doing a lot of the donkeywork. Deferred pleasures are always the best ones.