Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

If anyone would like the incredible sp-022 35 ann jeans , check out my eBay post 231633333259, size 34, I just haven't figured out how to post pictures of HERE

These jeans are iN great shape , extremely we'll made, but just too small for me PM IF INTERESTED

I'm really considering a pair (against my better judgement) since I screwed up on the other pair of SDA's that I bought in the 1538XX-B.

Based on the measurements the 36 seems like it would work out, but the issue with my other pair was how low the rise was.

Rise seems a bit higher on these.

Good to know, thanks Foxy.

Still need to try and sell those, just kind of hoping I'd lose a little weight and make them work since they're a great pair of jeans.

Wearing my SExDB19's today to see if I really need another pair of natural indigo jeans. 

IIRC, SExDB was a slim, tapered cut with low-ish rise - at least that was the reason why I didn't hop onto that train way back.

1677 should have significantly different cut...

Edited by Foxy2

I sized up on the Dry Bones, making them a bit less of a low rise tapered cut.

After wearing them today I think I might skip the 1677, like Ben said a bit too similar fabric wise.

Plus it gives me some more cash for the Good Art Model 10 I want to get later this year!

copped a size 34 D1677 from Naoki @ PSA. One up from my usual size.

Naoki sent me waist measurements (size 33 = 84cm, size 34 = 86.5cm) and said a 34 would be the right size for me. I look for a waist size around 33". He also said the waist would shrink about 2" when washed and stretch about 1.5" with wear. If so, the 34 should be just right for me. I hope his measurements are accurate. 

Thanks, all, for alerting me to this model and for the contact w/ Naoki. He was extremely quick in responding and very easy to work with. I'll be looking to him for future purchases for sure. 

Ah man you guys are the best. Those are the two sizes that I will be debating against... hope you guys wash your jeans when you get them so I can see the final measurements ;)

With me that will make 4 of us that got the jeans. Kinda crazy!

Ha, of all it makes sense you'd be the one to know where the post was T ;)

That's an awesome post. It's interesting that they made those jeans LHT too, those are crazy for sure! Those look like a pretty damn old pair of jeans, this is what I mean about Sugar Cane not doing anything "cool" anymore... although I like the look of the SDA much better, especially since they're right hand twill!

For jeans like the SDA-101XX, 

LrXy94Q.jpg

Is the only difference in denim between those and the D1677 that the latter are hank dyed? If so, wow, hank dying is amazing. Seems almost wrong to use natural indigo and not hank dye the thing.

ihfan, seems like at this point it'd be better to just wait and see the measurements as they roll in since two people around your size have already bought them... pants shop has 3 size 33 left.

I have seen a few faded pair of hank dyed jeans, especially those made with Nihon Menpu 40400 fabric as a lot of people seemed to have gotten ahold of them. IMO the D1677 aren't likely to age to what we would consider 'sick fadez', if other hank dyed pairs are anything to go by, and personally I do not have that goal in mind for this pair at all.

The difference is also more than hank dyed though as these pairs are also hand dyed and not dyed using hank dyeing machine, so the fabric shows more variation in indigo shades. Also that these used Japanese naturalnindigo as oppose to other pairs using Indian natural indigo (cheaper) and rope dyed. Correct me if I'm wrong. Rope dyed naturalnindigo can fade as well as synthetic indigo though and show more gradation in fades (ie. Not fading totally to white).

yeah the main differene in the fading potential is the hank dyed (dyed to the core) vs. rope dyed (ony the surface is dyed) and not the natural indigo vs. the synthetic indigo (because from the chemical point of view they are the same, to my knowledge).

edit: so most of the hank dyed natural indigo jeans I saw just got a little lighter in color overall without any clear wear marks...so if you buy them for "sick fadez", go look elsewhere :D

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

so i just got notified i got hit with $50 custom duty. fair play. something's gotta give. i then retrieved these, my first pair of Studio D'Artisan, the D1677 :

SDA%20D1677-1_zpsybuay9xr.jpg

the denim is bad mother on this pair, holy, wait til you guys who copped them get yours

SDA%20D1677-2_zpspzrvuodo.jpg

hell just look at this

SDA%20D1677-3_zpsv8swjabn.jpg

gaddamn. i suspect these will not be available for long. denim is insane. more so than PBJ Ai i have fondled. 

My pair in size 31, measure exactly 31 raw. front rise is 10 3/4, thigh 12 1/2, leg opening 8 1/4. Unfortunately i wouldn't be soaking these yet. maybe in a few months if i can hold off the temptation. would like to work on my contest pair for a while longer, and i got few other unsoak pairs waiting as well. Another pair of jeans is the last thing i need in my wardrobe right now but after seeing them on SDA blog not even 2 weeks ago, i knew my bank account was doomed. no regret!

Got to Thank Mr. Naoki of Pants Shop Avenue too. Very good communication, helpful with every steps of the way and very fast service!

Edited by DhaDha