Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

I've been rocking these daily and have some fading going on already. I can't wait to see these come Christmas.

I've got a hole wearing through on my back pocket already and on each cuff. Zippo is making quick work of the 5th pocket as well.

Going to hold out on posting pics for a little while, though.

If I really work at it, I can get the upper thigh on my 35s to measure 12.25. The 36s easily measure 12.75. I measured them at 13.25 raw. Perhaps the pattern changed a little between the earlier and later production? Or I am really bad at measuring.

Thanks for that, I reckon it may have to be a 36/36 for me, as from what I can gather, those Roys are similar in cut to a 1940's 501 STF (and should eventually measure around 34-35 waist/ 33-34 inseam)

my biggest concern with an offering from Roy would be quality control from pair to pair. when one person is overseeing the entire operation I've got to believe there are going to be more mistakes then when there are multiple people involved. I guess if you keep the batch small enough then it becomes a non issue. how many pairs did roy do the first time around?

"when one person is overseeing the entire operation I've got to believe there are going to be more mistakes then when there are multiple people involved"

Maybe I've not interpreted this right but surely the opposite is true if you have a dedicated skilled craftsman focussed on quality rather than volume?

Mine were superb.....

my biggest concern with an offering from Roy would be quality control from pair to pair. when one person is overseeing the entire operation I've got to believe there are going to be more mistakes then when there are multiple people involved. I guess if you keep the batch small enough then it becomes a non issue. how many pairs did roy do the first time around?

????????

What???????

It's not one person overseeing the operation - it's one man making every single part of every single pair of jeans!

A very good friend from the West Coast I was gossiping with was mentioning that ROY is about to start production again. But he mentioned he'd heard that ROY was going to start selling them through Selfedge.

Anyone else heard this?

It's a great coup for Kiya,. But I'll be sad if we lose that small-scale, artisan vibe, and ROY's amazing jeans just become part of a higher-price outfit's range of stock.

A very good friend from the West Coast I was gossiping with was mentioning that ROY is about to start production again. But he mentioned he'd heard that ROY was going to start selling them through Selfedge.

Anyone else heard this?

It's a great coup for Kiya,. But I'll be sad if we lose that small-scale, artisan vibe, and ROY's amazing jeans just become part of a higher-price outfit's range of stock.

Anyone else heard this?

What????? I hope he still sells out of his warehouse as well. How the hell am I gonna get "king of sufu" embroidered on my pocket bags.

I mean ROY and SE are so close it seems like this was bound to happen.

6a00d8341c94c853ef0105362dd0a2970b-800wi

Anyone else heard this?

What????? I hope he still sells out of his warehouse as well. How the hell am I gonna get "king of sufu" embroidered on my pocket bags.

DO we know if ROY is going to continue selling thru his website.

Kiya's brought us so much amazing stuff, would be a real pisser though if it means we can't buy direct from ROY. I wonder if he'll keep the Cone denim, given Kiya's not a fan?

DO we know if ROY is going to continue selling thru his website.

Kiya's brought us so much amazing stuff, would be a real pisser though if it means we can't buy direct from ROY. I wonder if he'll keep the Cone denim, given Kiya's not a fan?

I wonder if he'll keep the Cone denim, given Kiya's not a fan?

Not sure where this is coming from... Four years ago i started using White Oak direct from Cone for the Self Edge line of shirts, at that time almost nobody on Superfuture or anywhere else for that matter even knew what it was.

Also, i've used Cone on multiple other projects including an upcoming women's jean with Cone's new S-Gene stretch selvedge.

Long story short, "not a fan" simply isn't and never has been true.

Cone holds a very special place in my heart because of the people which currently run the company around the US and in NC, i've simply never seen another set of more dedicated and passionate people work for a company before.

I wonder if he'll keep the Cone denim, given Kiya's not a fan?

Not sure where this is coming from... Four years ago i started using White Oak direct from Cone for the Self Edge line of shirts, at that time almost nobody on Superfuture or anywhere else for that matter even knew what it was.

Also, i've used Cone on multiple other projects including an upcoming women's jean with Cone's new S-Gene stretch selvedge.

Cone holds a very special place in my heart because of the people which currently run the company around the US and in NC, i've simply never seen another set of more dedicated and passionate people work for a company before.

Kiya, sorry if I've misunderstood, I've only seen odd posts and probably got confused with other retailers, I don't drop in on every thread. It's great that you use Cone, at a time when there seems to be so much propaganda against them, much of which I simply don't understand.

Once again, apologies. Best of luck if you do tie up with ROY, but I hope it will remain in parallel with his small-scale operation!

Kiya, sorry if I've misunderstood, I've only seen odd posts and probably got confused with other retailers, I don't drop in on every thread. It's great that you use Cone, at a time when there seems to be so much propaganda against them, much of which I simply don't understand.

Once again, apologies. Best of luck if you do tie up with ROY, but I hope it will remain in parallel with his small-scale operation!

Are you actually going to be teaming up with ROY or is that just some Bay Area gossip? Give us the goods man.

Are you actually going to be teaming up with ROY or is that just some Bay Area gossip? Give us the goods man.

I have no idea who's gossiping but they're not talking to me...

Also, just noticed the tags for this thread, "online gay bar"?

I have no idea who's gossiping but they're not talking to me...

Also, just noticed the tags for this thread, "online gay bar"?

I"m glad to hear this, great news also you're using their stretch denim.

I agree with you, Cone are a national treasure. THey get a default bad press on SuFu, often from people who think they sold their looms to Hidehiko Yamane, it's great to know you're championing them.

I"m glad to hear this, great news also you're using their stretch denim.

I agree with you, Cone are a national treasure. THey get a default bad press on SuFu, often from people who think they sold their looms to Hidehiko Yamane, it's great to know you're championing them.