Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

Just before ROY's deadline, I ordered a second pair, one size down from my first pair. These have a 35 waist, TTS for me. Although the first pair was very tight in the seat, these were not. Otherwise, they are much more fitted and much more to my liking. I have been wearing them a lot now that our abominable summer is over (I hope).

2010-09-13016.jpg

yo entertainment, one of the best, if not THE BEST ROY FIT i've seen.

nothing against any of you other ROY freaks, but his is way on point.

I'd love to see some measurements from your size 35. Especially after you wore them for a bit

I second that. If I had gone for a pair, I would have gone for the 35 waist, so keep us informed over the comin months, cheers.

Btw - liking them teamed with the '44 Lee 101J. contrasting with the yellow stiching on the jacket, orange on the jeans.

Just before ROY's deadline, I ordered a second pair, one size down from my first pair. These have a 35 waist, TTS for me. Although the first pair was very tight in the seat, these were not. Otherwise, they are much more fitted and much more to my liking. I have been wearing them a lot now that our abominable summer is over (I hope).

2010-09-13016.jpg

Damn!! Those look good. I like the jacket. Does that count as the double dip?

I second that. If I had gone for a pair, I would have gone for the 35 waist, so keep us informed over the comin months, cheers.

Btw - liking them teamed with the '44 Lee 101J. contrasting with the yellow stiching on the jacket, orange on the jeans.

If the picture were clearer, you could see the triple stitching on the jacket. It's the '37.

2010-09-13016.jpg

I was on vacation on double dip day, so this is my late entry. I didn't want to make any excuses back then, because I was hoping that roy6 would neg rep me.

Ha ha!

Good man.

I have to + rep you for this, it looks far too good for a neg. You'll have to do something else bad to get a neg, now.

finally finished reading through this thread!

I got an E-mail from Roy saying that he is working on a lower rise slim fit....

can anyone confirm this? I know some of you are all about the looser fit, but i think i'm too short to pull that off. If he is, i will definitely consider waiting for him to start taking orders again. gotta support a bay area product!

also, i think i read a post that roy only makes size 30 and up..is this true? Im a 29 :(

His smallest size in the last go round was a 30 waist before shrinking, but nobody but Roy knows what he'll be doing when he comes back.

finally finished reading through this thread!

can anyone confirm this? I know some of you are all about the looser fit, but i think i'm too short to pull that off. If he is, i will definitely consider waiting for him to start taking orders again. gotta support a bay area product!

also, i think i read a post that roy only makes size 30 and up..is this true? Im a 29 :(

If the picture were clearer, you could see the triple stitching on the jacket. It's the '37.

That's even better! Which means the stitch colour should be similar. Nice to see another 30's 101J supporter (i think mine was tagged a 1934), now all I need is a pair of Roy's!

What size did your 35/? measure pre-soak/wash?

Here are some measurements on my 35x36.25. I soaked for 45 mins at 95 degrees F. I have worn them about twenty times.

raw / post soak / now

waist (BiG) 36 34 35.75

front rise 11.5 11 11

back rise 16.25 15.5 16.25

thigh 12 12 12

knee 9 8.75 8.75

hem 8.75 8.5 8.5

inseam 36.25 34.5 34.5

Thanks entertainment! - That's all the info I need, although 12" across the thigh...Is that measured crotch-straight across leg?

its crazy how i started mine with an intitial soak 6/11/10 and been wearing em almost every day, and as of just recently the fit and denim has really come to life.

+ 1 for truth. The irregularities in the fabric really came out after my first wash (I had done one previous initial soak)!

thx for sharing!

one inch bigger than tagged? I thought he made them to shrink from tag size...but in th end, that's the sie I need (altough the thighs look kinda slim for a size 35, compared to other brands that is)

Mine were 36 when raw.