Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

bump. anyone else have a pair of the 15.5 oz models on the way? i should be receiving mine in the next couple days as they are currently being "held for clearance somewhere here in the united states. fit pics, analysis, and of course detail pics to come!

looking forward to your analysis and detailed pictures

bump. anyone else have a pair of the 15.5 oz models on the way? i should be receiving mine in the next couple days as they are currently being "held for clearance somewhere here in the united states. fit pics, analysis, and of course detail pics to come!

Hi doods. I never actually mentioned black hardware for the black jeans. The caps on buttons are predominantly made from either alloy or brass. Those black versions posted look to be a brass made base cap and then electro plated in a black matt finish. You can also get a black enamel or matt paint finish, like some of those buttons on the Prps's. The coatings will always wear down.

Here is a pic of the new 15.5oz. It's quite different to the 14.5oz denim on the deluxe model. The 14.5 is a more weft heavy weave and has a cross hatchy look to it, whereas the 15.5 is more of a solid warp heavy weave and the jeans look much darker overall. There is still some really nice fat irregular yarns here and there. I think they will fade really good.

coin15oz.jpg

looking forward to your analysis and detailed pictures

sooo, about that... i got the jeans today in the mail and they looked great! they're really, really dark. it's amazing to hold a pair of raw denim in your hands, and try them on; they were so much crisper than i've ever had (i've only had apc) at 15.5 ounces. the problem with this pair, they were about 1.5 inches too small :( :( i was so bummed when i could barely squeeze them over my butt, and could only button three of the five buttons. it is such a bummer after waiting that i'm gonna have to send them back and wait another few weeks to get a new size in. but, you gotta do what you gotta do, right? hahaha.

ande, +rep on the gorgeous jeans and super fast delivery. thanks for everything.

i've taken a few fit pics in them just to make sure i don't size up too much. these are 35s, and i'm not sure if i need to go up to the 38s, or if i can manage 36s. i know they'll stretch about an inch, so i was thinking maybe 36s would work. any feedback? i'll update some shots comparing the denim to a pair of apcs in a few hours.

front:

4821273255_8e039c5ba9.jpg

back:

4821273413_576350dbd2.jpg

Size up. Waaaay too tight in the seat.

hahaha, i have to really yank them over my ass. it's better than not having one i guess? haha, size up to a 36 or 38?

damn, but aren't they supposed to stretch a size too? i was thinking that the 38s would be the most comfortable anyway. it's crazy going from a tagged 34 in apc to a 38 in whalls.

damn, but aren't they supposed to stretch a size too? i was thinking that the 38s would be the most comfortable anyway. it's crazy going from a tagged 34 in apc to a 38 in whalls.

Doesn't an APC 34 actually measure 36 to start with? I think that's your first problem. Did you measure yourself at any point?

Wait so im confused, for AW's, specifically grifters, do we need to size up or down??

Follow Ande's measurement guide. Compared to APC sizing, yeah, you'll be "sizing up" since they're vanity sized.

Doesn't an APC 34 actually measure 36 to start with? I think that's your first problem. Did you measure yourself at any point?

Follow Ande's measurement guide. Compared to APC sizing, yeah, you'll be "sizing up" since they're vanity sized.

yeah, i know apc is vanity sized, hence me calling it "tagged 34." i actually measured the back waistband of them again after i received the 35s and it was between 18" and 19". i was originally basing it off the 36" that apc started at and thinking there was a little room in them so i figured going a size lower would be correct.. but, i just realized i didn't account for how much apc stretches.

it was funny, i was in the shower today, and was like, "shit, my apcs started at 36 and stretched." that's kinda why i'm weary of 38s in the cougar though, because they are supposed to stretch about 1"-1.5" according to ande's site.

Wait so im confused, for AW's, specifically grifters, do we need to size up or down??

no need to down size but if your thigh is small then you can do that. just go true size or upsize 1 with warm soak before wearing.

for all interested in the 15.5 oz denim, here are some detail shots and comparisons to my apcs (about eight months of wear, and 2 washes). sorry in advance for photo overload.

this one's pretty accurate

4822788993_f2f5b4f23d.jpg

4822789307_8625424fc4.jpg

4822789985_80a23691d5.jpg

4822790701_93be875263.jpg

4823407642_c90344b31d.jpg

4822791899_00de720f29.jpg

this is the closest to exact color

4823408650_d1e0ba671d.jpg

4822792807_806449bc00.jpg

4822793277_6d646dc646.jpg

4823410266_9f830f0f72.jpg

How come my pair is not getting a change in colour of the rivets ... :(

amazing color changing rivets

rivets.jpg

i still haven't fixed my button because i can't hammer down those nails without them bending.