Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

I'm sitting in my Okinawas right now. I've got to say, the denim on these is absolutely amazing. I know it's a repro cut, but the fit is spot on, with a little cuffing here and there, but all the while relatively slim in the thigh.

It's definitely a high-rise jean (5 buttons down the front), and it's nice and roomy in the seat (got some junk in the trunk).

The denim is what really gets me though...lovingly slubby, with a deliciously textured hand-feel. The fabric itself is peppered here and there with little bits of white fiber ( I assume it is sugarcane fiber? correct me if I'm wrong), and it feels almost sand-papery with a pleasantly rough touch.

They smell quite nice...I would say an almost masculine odor, hints of sweetness with a slightly heavier fabric aroma. While I'm still working on a pair of KMW 1980s, this is by far the best bargain I've found on jeans in awhile, and I think my 1980s will have some stiff competition in the months to come.

Also, for any of you having trouble with sizing, go true to size. It is a vintage cut after all, so if you dolts think you can buy a pair of Okinawas, 47s, 55s or 66s and get a Dior-ish slim leg opening, I'm going to hunt you down and neg rep you. Expect some roominess! It's a good feeling!

summary: Okinawas are beautiful.

This thread just went five years back.

spacer.gif

okinawas suck!!!! hahaha get the sexsc06!!!! yeaaaa buddddddy!!!!

Can everybody please repeatedly neg rep this person

I don't usually do this, but come on...

5 years eh? Wow, you guys are the coolest!

Sounds like a lot of cool guy nerds here are getting their feelings hurt cause more people are going to have the same jeans they have. Boo hoo.

A lot of people here seized on an opportunity to get a great pair of jeans at an even better price. I'm not trying to get into your "denim head" club or gain any kind of acceptance from you, so you can relax, send your old Sugarcanes to your cousin in the motherland and move on to whatever it is that makes you feel 5 steps ahead.

Hipster lames.

5 years eh? Wow, you guys are the coolest!

Sounds like a lot of cool guy nerds here are getting their feelings hurt cause more people are going to have the same jeans they have. Boo hoo.

A lot of people here seized on an opportunity to get a great pair of jeans at an even better price. I'm not trying to get into your "denim head" club or gain any kind of acceptance from you, so you can relax, send your old Sugarcanes to your cousin in the motherland and move on to whatever it is that makes you feel 5 steps ahead.

Hipster lames.

I don't think it has anything to do with more people owning a pair of Sugarcanes. It's the repeated fit questions that more than likely could've been answered if they just read posts from the beginning of this thread.

It clutters the thread.

I don't think it has anything to do with more people owning a pair of Sugarcanes. It's the repeated fit questions that more than likely could've been answered if they just read posts from the beginning of this thread.

It clutters the thread.

I can accept that.

I just can't stand the elitist attitude a lot of the members here give off.

It's cool to see more people in Canes, especially looking forward to the eventual Okinawa fades (kind of wish I hadn't missed out on grabbing a pair of those). But I'm glad they didn't have any Hawaiis on sale, as I'm nearing 6 months in mine and they're really starting to get interesting. I'll probably take some pics in the next month or so, but it's cool that there aren't a lot of Hawaiis floating around it seems.

I ordered sugarcane1947 50 off from that sale. I wear size 30 how should I soak to make it fit like those april 67 jeans iv seen? I want lots of bunching at the bottom. Soaking will work right?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME

YOU WANT SC 47S TO FIT LIKE APRIL 77S

HOW DID YOU GET REP