Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

levis did make them with the zipper in 1955. I also think i remember the SC repros having new old-stock original zippers that were used to make the levis 55's as a detail and thats part of the higher cost compared to some of their other repros (aside from packaging)

levis did make them with the zipper in 1955. I also think i remember the SC repros having new old-stock original zippers that were used to make the levis 55's as a detail and thats part of the higher cost compared to some of their other repros (aside from packaging)

Yup, you are 100% correct.

The zipper that Sugar Cane is using is actually from 1955, it's a geniune Scoville zipper, and once they run out of the zipper they'll stop producing the jean. From what i understand, there's only enough to last through the end of this year..

I have a few pairs of the 1955 (one-wash, unworn) myself, i'll be willing to sell a pair or two if anybody is looking for a pair. Well below retail too.. I think American retail is around $390.. i'd let em go for about $250. PM me if you want a pair..

the sc 1955s are an exact replication of 1955 501s yeah?

they have a zipper fly, so when did levis switch to zipper flys on 501s?

I believe these were 501ZXX, I think the story is, when they started selling more Levis on the east coast, people weren't used to button flys, so they made them with zippers for a little while to get more people wearing them...

cmsdt243-img600x451-11788944272-1.jpg

Oh sorry just saw that you had pm'ed me now...

I havent really worn them cause of the Warehouse contest but I can tell you this:

They are very soft and comfortable and feel a bit warm, almost like wool dress pants. Quality & detailing is just as outstanding as you would expect from Sugarcane. The fabric makes them something of a novelty though, so I find them a little bit hard to make into an everyday jean but still, their unique qualty is what made me pull the trigger on them in the first place.

They fit pretty much the same as the hawaiis, they're just a bit slimmer over the hips so there is less hip flare with these.

They are sized correctly, so there is no need for either up- or downsizing

Oh sorry just saw that you had pm'ed me now...

I havent really worn them cause of the Warehouse contest but I can tell you this:

They are very soft and comfortable and feel a bit warm, almost like wool dress pants. Quality & detailing is just as outstanding as you would expect from Sugarcane. The fabric makes them something of a novelty though, so I find them a little bit hard to make into an everyday jean but still, their unique qualty is what made me pull the trigger on them in the first place.

They fit pretty much the same as the hawaiis, they're just a bit slimmer over the hips so there is less hip flare with these.

They are sized correctly, so there is no need for either up- or downsizing

lilldavid,

I'm loving mine.. i've been wearing them every day for six weeks and washing them every two weeks. The fabric has become very soft and comfortable..

lilldavid,

I'm loving mine.. i've been wearing them every day for six weeks and washing them every two weeks. The fabric has become very soft and comfortable..

Washing every two weeks you say, thats a lot!

I'm testing the denim out..

It's a new denim that Toyo has never used before and i'm using it on a future collaboration so i need to know every little aspect of how it wears, shrinks, stretches, and holds up under heavy use.

Washing every two weeks you say, thats a lot!

I'm testing the denim out..

It's a new denim that Toyo has never used before and i'm using it on a future collaboration so i need to know every little aspect of how it wears, shrinks, stretches, and holds up under heavy use.

so whats the verdict so far?

It's wearing down pretty quickly in areas, but at the same time i'm noticing that the thinnest areas are holding up really well. The denim is fading quickly and has been shedding indigo faster than anything i've ever personally worn.

It's apparent after six weeks or so that the denim is definitely lower in weight than the other denim in the same category, in a good way.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone here have any exp. with the edo ai denim? I bought mrip's on a whim but they're a sz.30 and I'm usually a 31. I mean I've worn other canes before that I've stretched out but does anyone know if they have the mean stretch like a lot of the other canes do?

Lol its 8am and the post man just delivered them. Yeah they fit great and I'm sure these will loosen up even more. They're the one pocket edo ai. I've wanted these for a long time so when I saw rip's pair complete with arc and tabs I had to jump on it.