Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

I can't wait to see the collabo Kiya and way to go on meeting the denim dream teem behind Sugarcane I am very jealous. Can't wait to come see your store in SF. Maybe ym San Fran trip can coincide with the release of your collabo with SC and I can pick up some little treats for myself. ;)

I´ve been looking at some sc 47. Seems like a great and reasonbly priced jean, but the problem is that the one wash inseam just is too short. The raw inseam is pretty much what i need. Also, ive seen the one was inseam measuered as 33 while they are tagged 34? I thought they shrunk to tagged size?

How does my chanses at keeping tthe raw inseam length by pulling the legs like crazy after a soak look? Ive actually got sucess with this before with LVC, but those might shrinkt up more when I actually wash them...

should i just abandon this idea and jeans?

Will the one wash models stretch out with wear, or stay about where they are?

Denim will stretch in variable amounts, whether it is raw or not. It depends on how much you are trying the squish into the jeans. If you are sizing down then the jeans will stretch more than if they fit more loosely in the first place.

I have emailed Mario from mil-mil.net in Japan. He was gracious enough through email translation of how to use paypal, order form, etc. the cost for okinawa sugarcane jeans are appx. $179. shipped to US. which is ridiculously cheap compared to selfedge in sf for $295 and other places online for $395.

my question is....i usually wear nudie dry selvage jeans 32x32. now, mario does not to returns for jeans, therefore ANYONE WHO OWNS SUGARCANE OKINAWA JEANS, ARE THEY TRUE TO WAIST SIZE FOR NO WASH DRY JEANS? I just want to know for sure before I order that if I should purchase 32 inch waist jeans for sugarcanes, thanks!

buzz rickson 1944's

frontal.jpg

profile.jpg

back.jpg

i havent heard too much about these. i remember a thread way back when, but only partytaco had some lee repo's. had these for about a year, but just now got around to wearing them.

info on these? i recall them being natural indigo, but i could be wrong. more detailed pics can be provided.

err one questons sc experts.. im wearing size 34 on skulls 6x6 and 33 on s710 sammies what size should i get on sc 47's? i donw want it to be too loose.. i want it to be right on the tight side... thanks

I just bought some sugarcane 47 raw size 34. They are alittle baggy in the thighs and such and I need them to shrink but not the waist, what is the best way to do then. Just put them on and sit in some warm/hot water and then get out with them on and wear till they dry? so they shrink to fit sorta, lmk, thanks.

I just bought some sugarcane 47 raw size 34. They are alittle baggy in the thighs and such and I need them to shrink but not the waist, what is the best way to do then. Just put them on and sit in some warm/hot water and then get out with them on and wear till they dry? so they shrink to fit sorta, lmk, thanks.

47's are pretty much going to be baggy. the 44s were a bit slim than the 47s but they are still baggy on me.

Put yourself/a big hanger/a stick in the waist. Run a hot Bath. Soak for a few hours. The length will shrink obviously. There are threads covering all this but i'm too tired to find them for you....

fuck it...just soak the damn thing and when you wear it, the waist will stretch out fairly quick..

the only time you need to be worried about the waist is when you can barely get the top button on and havn't even given it a soak yet..

i dont have experience with diors so i cant add to that comment, but i have stick legs and the 44s are as much of as a full cut then slim cut..

when i first got the 44s they were baggy and ended up hot washing them then hang drying them and i really cant tell if they shrunk or not.

which sugarcanes have more of a straight leg fit?

Pretty much ALL sugarcanes are straight leg.

I'd say their most standard cut is the 1966..

Here are some photos and measurements:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=195

Received my SC Okinawas today from BIG. What a great pair of jeans. It's always a risk when you buy online but these are great. The denim is slubby without being too slubby. I got the O/W and the fit is spot on. The measurements on BIG's site were right on. Will try to post some pics when I have time. I definitely prefer the one wash when possible. I got some O/W Sorahiko Slims and I'm glad I did that also. I know lots of you guys like the whole soaking thing and that's cool. But me personally, when I'm spending this kind of loot, I would rather be able to try them on and if they don't fit, return them. I won't be returning these. Maybe some Hawaii's in the future. And the service from Gordon was awesome.:)