Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

I am trying to figure out if i should get a pair of okinawas or not.

im usually a size 29 in everything, so would you recomend going a size down, a 29 and a hot soak, or are they to baggy for someone who usually wears slimmer jeans to pull off.

thanks in advance

marc

i got my first pair of canes saturday (Okinawa One Wash SC40301A) becuase they did not have the raw...oh well no bother. i love em and there is still a hint of sweet smell to them and the amount of indigo that is still there ....fuck. slubby as hell. this is my first reale japanese denim purchase, im a little sad that i could not get the raws but no bother ill rock the piss out of these till the die then get a raw pair. ill post some flicks asap.

on an unfortunate note i was not able to get the paper tag with my pair b/c of the levis drama but what ever.

are Sugarcane 1945 sanforized?

No, just the patch in the inside say so. I am not 100% sure but i really think it it so, i read a thread about it earlier today, think i can find it if you wait. I also purchased the 45 repro from Caliroots yesterday.

EDIT:

420 is not sanforized, but 421 is one wash so the shrinking is already done.

No, just the patch in the inside say so. I am not 100% sure but i really think it it so, i read a thread about it earlier today, think i can find it if you wait. I also purchased the 45 repro from Caliroots yesterday.

EDIT:

420 is not sanforized, but 421 is one wash so the shrinking is already done.

I just ordered them from caliroots aswell. In the description it said "sanforized" , but I dont fully trust them.

The caliroots ones are the 420 then?

I was not lucky enough to get the one wash and had ot settle for the nonwashed. After I gave them a warm soak for a couple hours and hang dried them they wear exact measure to the tag size.

As a side note mine shrank but the leg twisted very little only one of them slightly twisted :( . I wonder if they want to shrink again or if I should give them one more soak, I would hate to get some nice knee fades going on and them wash them and my knee fades end up on the side of my knee...

I just got my 66 in the one wash today. I went with a 30 (I'm usually a 29) but the waist is extremely tight (measures to 14" when flat). How much will these stretch out? I really don't want to return them for a larger size because I'm afraid they'll be way too big in the seat and legs.

Hey guys I'm new here and have a few questions about sugarcanes. I live in the US but my buddy lives in Japan. He's gonna get jeans for me and send them but I got to figure out what exactly I want him to get me.

I'm about 5 10 and really thin around 130 pounds. I like my jeans pretty baggy, and I want raw denim. Can someone please recommend me what size and style I want to get. Oh ya and how much would they cost? Thanks so much.

they are 34" after shinkage. both pairs ive had were one wash, but shrunk a bit and the legs twisted like crazy

i think that may be partly because of the LHT, although i've never heard that brought up. My LHT Sammies twisted like hell the first soak

This might seem like an odd question, but how does one say "40400"? I ran into this problem recently when speaking to a guy at a local denim boutique. I understand that the first 3 numbers are the line designation, so would you say "four-zero-four-zero-zeros" or "four-oh-four-oh-ohs"? Or would you say, "forty-four hundreds"? Thoughts?

So I warm soaked my 1945 nonwashed once and hung to dry. They now are exact to tag size for measurements but the legs did not twist. Should I soak again? My biggest concern is that when they are finished breaking in 6 month-1 year - 20 years (I don't know or care when they will be finished breaking in :D:D:D) that the leg will twist during later washes leaving me with honey comb down the side of my knee and knee fading on the other side.

What do you think i should do?

a) warm soak again and hang dry to see what happens?

B) leave them and when I wash in the future only cold wash and hang dry.

c) leave them and wash how I normally would when they are fully broken in (if they did not twist they never will)

I got these a month ago from Earth Market for $160 including shipping. They arrived in two days to Hawaii and i've been wearing them pretty regularly since then. I soaked them twice, once in the tub and then again in a plastic bin for a total of about 3-3 1/2 hours.

They measured 31in in the waist so I stuck two metal rods in the waist so it wouldn't shrink. The legs shrank about 2in at most. I don't plan on getting them hemmed.

My butt isn't as big as the jeans make it look. I usually wear Chuck Taylors with these.

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

I ordered a pair from them about a month ago

SC1947... it came with no back pocket stictching... i dont really caret but...strange

Sugar Cane had to remove the stitching a time ago because of Levi's. And a time after that they had to remove the red tab and the patch.