Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

hey guys quick questions. I just soaked my 1947 unwashed SCs in cold water for 2.5 hours. then I wore them in a mildly warm shower. do I now let them dry while wearing them or hang them up. please answer quickly cause im wearing them wet now. Thanks alot

lol hang dry em, wearing while wet is not necessary unless its too small

Well I just got my 1945 sugarcane cowboy jeans from mil-mil. I am so stoked about them.

One thing that threw me is that the tag says they are sandfordized, but the description says they are not and I know they are not so I am guessing it is just for the look of the tag.

I am going to soak tonight an start wearing tomorrow, they fit good now except too long, the rise cracks me up a bit they do have a big rise but fit very classy, the waste fits well only a bit snug I think the soak should snug it up more and then they will stretch out to what i need them at. Who knows maybe the soak will even twist the seam a bit (one can only hope :D :D)

Here are some canes SC1945N the no wash cowboy pant in a size 33.

This is how they fit after a warm soak for 1.5 hours and hang dry they are snug in the waist but I am sure it will loosen up.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k123/dogfarm/RIMG0342.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k123/dogfarm/RIMG0341.jpg

I think the fit is what I want. Yeah?

Here are some canes SC1945N the no wash cowboy pant in a size 33.

This is how they fit after a warm soak for 1.5 hours and hang dry they are snug in the waist but I am sure it will loosen up.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k123/dogfarm/RIMG0342.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k123/dogfarm/RIMG0341.jpg

I think the fit is what I want. Yeah?

very nice fit, thats the fit i was looking for, i also ordered those same jeans from japan last week, but in a size 34. what waist size are you usually, height/weight, etc. ?

I have also read something to that effect. I guess it would have to have some sort of built in bug reppellant or would not ants just come and eat it all up? Or bees, hornets, wasps, flies etc...

I have been in a sugarcane field before and I did not really inspect the plants but I don't remember any bugs, but it was hot as hell I don't think there were bugs anywhere.....except in hotel rooms (costa rica)

would just like to ask a quick question. ok, so i tried them on straight out of the box and the length and waist is great. the butt doesnt seem overly big, but the thighs are sticking out quite a lot at the outside seems.

is this just cos the denim has been creased when folding and is it likely to drape better with wear/ a soak?

an advice would be great, because i have to decide quite quickly if i want to keep them or return. obviously i wont soak them until i decide im gonna keep. these are the one wash version btw.

thanks

dude, keep 'em

they will drape better as you wear them

there is a hip flare with the hawaiis, not so sure about the okis; lay them flat and inspect it visually to confirm/refute for yourself

don't give up on those jeans, you will adjust, the jeans will adjust, it will work out

would just like to ask a quick question. ok, so i tried them on straight out of the box and the length and waist is great. the butt doesnt seem overly big, but the thighs are sticking out quite a lot at the outside seems.

is this just cos the denim has been creased when folding and is it likely to drape better with wear/ a soak?

an advice would be great, because i have to decide quite quickly if i want to keep them or return. obviously i wont soak them until i decide im gonna keep. these are the one wash version btw.

thanks

Yeah my okis were like that too, after a soak and maybe some wear it'll go away.

Okay so I want to get a pair of Sugar Cane 1947's and I'm having some trouble deciding on a waist size. I'm ordering through 2000db off of Rakuten so a return is not possible. I'm interested in getting the jeans raw. I measured my waist to be 33", but I like to wear my jeans abit lower, so I put on a pair of my favourite fitting jeans and ran a tape measure through the belt loops and came up with a tight 35". I don't want the jeans to be really baggy, so I thought I would order the 34" and if the waist fits well then I hot soak them for a few hours to get a slimmer fit. I've read through about 25 pages on this thread and I'm still undecided.

Any advice on a sizing is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony

Okay so I want to get a pair of Sugar Cane 1947's and I'm having some trouble deciding on a waist size. I'm ordering through 2000db off of Rakuten so a return is not possible. I'm interested in getting the jeans raw. I measured my waist to be 33", but I like to wear my jeans abit lower, so I put on a pair of my favourite fitting jeans and ran a tape measure through the belt loops and came up with a tight 35". I don't want the jeans to be really baggy, so I thought I would order the 34" and if the waist fits well then I hot soak them for a few hours to get a slimmer fit. I've read through about 25 pages on this thread and I'm still undecided.

Any advice on a sizing is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony

be careful with trying to wear SC's low around your waist. The way a lot of them are cut they just won't look right sagging a naturaly high rise jean.... I just got okinawas and i have to wear them high for them to look right. but they do look right. It just took some getting used to.... I'm used to low rise jeans so this is a first for me. I've tried sagging them and one tthey are too tight ... and two the just look funny. Maybe if they were broken in more and had a better drape i could pull it off but not now.... my 2 cents