Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

My $69 Sugar Canes came a couple days ago:

2h70uuu.jpg

Tried them on quick, saw the waist fit but was a tiny bit loose. Tossed it in for a hot soak, let them mostly dry, and tried them on now. Shrank mostly in the right places.

2luqsf7.jpg

Though I don't want to lose the chainstitch, I think I'm going to hem them at where the double cuffs are now. Should still give me room to single cuff if I want to I think.

dude they look great right now with the double cuff. I say just keep them as is.
seconded.please keep us updated when they stretched out a bit.

looks like the perfect cut for your bodytype.

have to agree. look perfect as it is now.

do the 2268 still fit under those SC 66?

Thanks, fit is almost exactly the same as my 5507s except for rise and I can fit my hands in the pockets. Definitely like the '66 cut a lot. I'll probably keep em as is I guess, but for now they won't be getting a lot of wear for now as I'm trying to get some wear in my skulls.

2268s still fit fine. Leg opening on the SC1966 is exactly the same as my skull 5507s. Love the denim too, texture feels great. Overall I'd say this is one of my best impulse buys and I'm glad I went a size down.

hi guys

i am a starter. can you tell what model is this cane? no mods done.

personally i think it doesnt 100% fit especially my butt area... but what do you say?

I think they fit great. Lower legs look too narrow to be a '47 or maybe even a '55, so I'd guess they're '66s. Are you testing us, or do you not know?

talking to gordon, he seems to think that the 66 use deadstock 60s levis fabric.

whoa whoa whoa...We've all known Sugarcane was devoted to keeping authenticity (using the same zipper flies, buttons, etc. when they could) but is there actual documentation for them using the same denim? I'm not saying Gordon is wrong, I'm saying this is amazing if true (and I hope it is true!)...And if so, I wonder where they sourced all this denim from and if there is denim from other years just laying around!