Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

just got these SC1945s

1so5kk.jpg

Does anyone know if these are sanforised?

They fit pretty tight on the waist so I'm cautious about shrinkage...

thanks...

Nice pickup! Are these available anywhere for not insane amounts of money right now? Also, what is the inseam like on them?

Opinions: 1947's as work jeans. Gonna be wearing them in a swamp. Sweet fades, or waste of denim?

I think its an awesome move, you won't ruin them, and I am always a fan of jeans that see real work over a long period of time.

just got these SC1945s

Does anyone know if these are sanforised?

They fit pretty tight on the waist so I'm cautious about shrinkage...

thanks...

dont worry about shrinkage. seriously. Mine fit perfect at the waist before soaking, but were baggy everywhere else. I tried doing a cold wash first with my 1947s and it blew my mind how much they stretched out. I hotwashed them and they stretched out again, but it just took longer. I would hot wash them right off. the only thing I would be worried about is the inseam if you are a tall guy.

thanks tmadd - I got these from a shop in Peterborough, UK but they probably were an insane amount - £190...

and thanks for the encouragement erk.. they're plenty big enough everywhere else and I'm by no means a tall guy so the inseam isn't a problem....

thanks tmadd - I got these from a shop in Peterborough, UK but they probably were an insane amount - £190...

and thanks for the encouragement erk.. they're plenty big enough everywhere else and I'm by no means a tall guy so the inseam isn't a problem....

Sounds like how my '47s fit. Stretch the waist as soon as you're done soaking or washing, they'll go right back out to the pre-soak size, then hang them to dry.

Sounds like how my '47s fit. Stretch the waist as soon as you're done soaking or washing, they'll go right back out to the pre-soak size, then hang them to dry.

i didnt even need to do that. i just wore em tight and they stretched out to raw size

Sugar Cane 1955s are sloooooow faders. Been wearing the shit out of them for four months and there isn't much going on. Granted, I am hand washing them monthly. I suppose blue retention will be a blessing in the long run--it's a really nice color. I think they'll yield a nice "vintagey" fade when things are all said and done.

Here's how my fresh Hawaii's in sz 31 fit.

they have been pre-stretched a bit by the previous owner to an actual waist size of 32" at the moment and my true waist is about 33" so they will stretch a bit more.

dsc1192web.jpg

dsc1190web.jpg

dsc1191web.jpg

X Post from What is your wallet thread....bonus is my 1947s I've had since March (not getting much wear the last few months as I've been wearing my Mister Freedom 7161MDs almost everyday) used as the background.

Here is my Sugar Cane Wallet...I've had it for maybe 6 months...treated the outside with Pecards...no tanning:

DSCN1482.jpg

DSCN1486.jpg

DSCN1487.jpg

DSCN1488.jpg

DSCN1491.jpg

which SugarCane denim is LHT?

I know of the denim they used for the Leepro ( obviously).

As I read cottonduck's blog he wrote the 'Okinawa' denim they used on the Mr.Freedom/SC Riders is also LHT. Does this also apply to the standard SugarCane Okinawa dungarees SC40301?!

I just got my pair of Okinawa from take5(hk). They are LHT and I'm lovin them!:D

LHT(F2.8, sorry if the depth of field is too shallow):

17469_224106132838_617947838_3084116_7807910_n.jpg

Fit Pic:

17469_225393892838_617947838_3092544_6617307_n.jpg

I'm new to this, feedback on the fit would be lovely, thanks!

Paul

Just recieved my SC 1947 (older version - red tab + arcs) from Japan. I have to say that after close inspection (..and I know they're not Levis) they seem to look more to me like original early vintage Levis, more so than the LVc 1947, especially the cut. The pocket linings, hidden rivet tops and stitch colour combo are awesome. This is my first purchase of non-Lvc (other than Lee and bluebell) and probably not my last.

Quality/craftsmanship-wise, Sugar cane are head and shoulders above Lvc.

Lvc should hang their heads in shame.