Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Thanks for all your advice everyone! I don't think my washer has an Eco option, but I'll be sure to set the soil and load size settings to high and just turn off the spin setting. Going back in this thread I found that many people were saying that Samurai continue to shrink more than others even after a soak or two so I figured I'd give it a try.

^ Very true. I put my Ooe and my Warehouse on a 60 degree Eco-wash and it left creasing and permanent marks across the fabric. Very frustrating but I tell myself that none of it will show much once they are worn in. Never again... You have to get plenty of water in there.

I've made this mistake before, even the "gentle" cycle uses almost no water in my washer. It ruins clothes in my opinion, i have a washer dryer combo and its the worst POS I've ever used 

Thank again for all the help, I got a good amount of shrinkage and minimal indigo loss.  Didn't get any weird creases or streaks either. The fit overall is much better, though in some places looks a little warped/shapeless, I think/hope that goes away with wear.

Honeycomb creases basically disappeared but they were minimal even after 6 months of moderate wear, couldn't really explain that.  Even the creases where I had cuffed the hem are gone and as silly as it sounds, I struggle with making a clean cuff.  Glad I gave these a hot wash, definitely happier with the way they fit now.

Edited by VivaMarlon

Anyone going to try the S0511xx? I am tempted but fear if I hem them by 2-3inches the leg opening will become too wide thus defeating the purpose of the tapered cut...

I'm pretty disappointed by the measurements. It's not as tapered as I thought they would be, and like you rightly mentioned hemming it will widen the leg opening. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking of finally pulling the trigger on a pair of Sams, and I have a few sizing questions I was hoping you guys could help me out with.  I've looked at beautiful_freak's size guide (very informative and helpful) but I don't know if I trust myself enough without some input from people with experience with the denim.

I'm really interested in the S5000BKB.  I've gained and lost a lot of weight over the last year due to medical stuff, and right now I am between a 32 and 33 true waist.  According to the Denimio size chart, a 31 in this model has  raw waist measurement of 34. How much stretch should I expect from this denim once I've soaked/washed?  Would it be wiser to go for a 32?   Thanks for any advice.

Edited by HGS

First advice: don't rely on denimio's charts at all. Send them a message to measure for you or look at the BiG measurements, if available. With a true 32/33 waist I'd definitely go for at least 32, probably 33. All latest Samurai releases ran rather small in the waist.

Edited by Max Power

Thanks Max.  From what I understand the BiG measurements are sort of the standard so I'll take a closer look at them.

My only experience with shrink to fit denim is with Levi's, where I've had good experience picking my true waist, and the jeans never stretch too far past that after some wear. Based on your recommendation I should do something similar with the Sams and think you're probably right to go with a 33 if I am between sizes.  Appreciate your advice.

What do we think of the new S5000MOG 18oz? Overall I like the look, very clean and well detailed, and the twisted warp yarns are interesting without being garish. All orange stitching is a bit much perhaps. 

On the S510MOG 180z I don't care for the red arcs. The mix of orange and yellow stitching tones down the stitching overall I think. 

What is sizing recommendation for S5000 vs S510? I've never owned a pair of S5000. I'm a 33 in S510. There seems to be some issues w/ Samurai's waist size and overall sizing in last year's runs. I'm considering a 34 in the S5000MOG 180z. 

hey guys/gals, are there any places on the web that allow for better description of how the different samurai cuts compare to eachother in terms of fit?  kind of like how there's that one APC fit guide that compares the different [obnoxiously uninformatively] named fits to eachother?  i know the first page of this thread was very good (i loved it), but do we think it's time for an update?  or is it still pretty much completely accurate?  (e.g. i couldn't find S711 on there before buying a pair, myself).

hey guys/gals, are there any places on the web that allow for better description of how the different samurai cuts compare to eachother in terms of fit?  kind of like how there's that one APC fit guide that compares the different [obnoxiously uninformatively] named fits to eachother?  i know the first page of this thread was very good (i loved it), but do we think it's time for an update?  or is it still pretty much completely accurate?  (e.g. i couldn't find S711 on there before buying a pair, myself).

check out beautiful_freak's fit guide

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/118683-b-fs-big-samurai-fit-guide/

After taking Max's advice and doing more research about Samurai and their cuts (and taking careful measurements to compare with Samurai measurements) I decided to go for a 33 in the 710 19oz.  Received them today and I am blown away.  This is my first pair of samurai and I haven't experienced this level of quality in jeans before.  I think I nailed the size -- I think after two hot soaks they'll be on the money.  Thanks again Max and b_f for his guide, big help.

2f91fa8d-902c-4567-a5b3-115f15418161_zps

92995910-9b23-46df-bfe0-39d70d3fa124_zps

Edited by HGS

Got my pair of 710xx from denimio for the samurai vs oni contest. 

The first mini battle is a soaking photo contest. Figured I'd have some fun with this and try out a bit of cloning with photoshop (first time doing anything within photoshop), took about two nights to work out wtf i was doing in it. 

Decided to perform a rainmaking ritual out in the streets of sydney, it actually started to rain later that night, so it was a success and its going to be raining here for the next few days 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHg6veXglVv/

• 2 weeks later...

I can't figure out why the Denimio measurements are so drastically different than the BIG measurements for the 710xx 24oz. Can anyone offer some insight on this? It can't just be the way they measure can it? I mean, it's like inches off. I always thought that the 710 was slim but not tight and the Denimio website make them look skin tight. Thanks in advance as I really need to get these heavy ass jeans right when summer starts.

There should only be one batch of these made because they are limited, right? Or could each retailer have a different batch? Also, can anyone tell me what the top block is like in this model? I'm looking for a little more room up top. Thank you!