Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Ughh sounds tempting. But if I were to get something it would be that blanket linked jin denim jacket or one of the shirts they posted.

But if times are right, and wallet is full I may pick those up...

Uh-oh...

They are looking so strong and crispy.

It's a pity that I'm a much too slow fader and my current IH 25 oz jeans are still fighting against their own death at my legs after 760 wear day sin a row ha ha

Mine are light because they were worn extremely hard for over two years more than anything, I think. They faded a lot in the upper block long before they got so light in the lower legs. This was after 15 months in:

I love this kind of authentic strong and perfect denim evolution seen here. at most

need some help from 510 owners

looking to maybe pick up a pair of S510AI in a w30 (true to size seems to be the concensus) from another member

I was given these measurements. is the thigh really that wide conpared to the rest of the jean? seems like they might have been mismeasured.

waist - 30
Upper thigh - 12.25
Leg opening - 8.5

Edited by chantheman

I finally bought one of my grails - Samurai SWD-L01 denim shirt. Denimio started stocking the shirt plus the low Yen made this purchase a no-brainer (€140, which is only €20 more than I paid for a rigid LVC shirt when it was on sale). Hats off to Denimio for fast shipping, too. I gambled a bit on the size and went down to L - I have the 15th anniversary wabash shirt which is the same cut in XL and it's oh so slightly large on me. I think the fit turned out pretty perfect if I may say so :)

rpIV0BBl.jpg

6HFslwCl.jpg

BIS29VOl.jpg

I think I'm ready to enter the DWC tux division now ^^

need some help from 510 owners

looking to maybe pick up a pair of S510AI in a w30 (true to size seems to be the concensus) from another member

I was given these measurements. is the thigh really that wide conpared to the rest of the jean? seems like they might have been mismeasured.

waist - 30

Upper thigh - 12.25

Leg opening - 8.5

I have the S510 25oz 15th anniversary in 34, and had & sold the S510OG 16oz AK in 32. On my 25oz, the waist runs true to size, and they are too big for me by at least 1 size. So I went for a 32 on the 16oz AK's, and it seems the waist ran small on that lot. When raw the waist was too tight, so I sold. 

re: the thighs, yeah those measurements you listed look accurate from what I've seen. The thighs are very roomy in this cut. Another measurement that's not  ever discussed is the hip width - these are wide across the hips, i.e. an inch or so above the crotch seam, and that's what give the appearance of saddle bags on some folks. 

This is a great cut, roomy with a not-too-high waist. Very comfy without looking baggy. I'm strongly considering getting the S510OG 16oz AK in 33 form BiG while they still exist... but oh so spendy... but that OG 16oz AK denim haunts my dreams, LOL! 

if the thighs are that roomy then the rest of the leg has a bit of a taper to it?

i had a pair of 510's prob 8 years ago but i bought the wrong size so I never was able to get a real feel for the how the cut was suppose to be.

i was looking at the S510AI-OGSP if that matters.

Edited by chantheman

nice grail pick for you cucoo, looks pretty sweet!

damn.... i cant stop thinking about that type I jacket posted by bradl. i was just about set on the JMC type I, but this one may change things.

Max, I'm assuming the BKBs do not fade just as the super black iron hearts?

The IH Superblack denim is the most colorfast and stubborn denim I've yet encountered. Judging from the 5000BKB I think the 710 BKB will fade, just like the BK series, like b_f said it's just both weft and warp are dyed black. Still not sure about sizing, though. BIG did upload the measurements and they seem to run pretty much like the OG.

Edited by Max Power

This is a great cut, roomy with a not-too-high waist. Very comfy without looking baggy. I'm strongly considering getting the S510OG 16oz AK in 33 form BiG while they still exist... but oh so spendy... but that OG 16oz AK denim haunts my dreams, LOL! 

i've been eyeing this cut for several years now and been wanting to try something samurai, this review may have sold me!

mpukas   ther's a pair the 510 og ak on yahoo auction japan. size 33 ,been there for weeks, with a proxy you save over $200 bucks than getting them from BIG

it might be better for everyone's sanity if he got them from a place where they can be returned in case they don't work out..

mpukas   ther's a pair the 510 og ak on yahoo auction japan. size 33 ,been there for weeks, with a proxy you save over $200 bucks than getting them from BIG

sweet! I'll look into that - got clicky? 

it might be better for everyone's sanity if he got them from a place where they can be returned in case they don't work out..

whoever said I was sane? LOL! 

You are right tho... however BiG doesn't do refunds, just store credit.

Besides, we all know raw denim is a gamble - you don't know what you've got until you wash them at least once, preferably twice, to get the shrink out, and then wear them for a month or two to see how the stretch back out. BiG did tell me that the OG denim doesn't shrink as much as Samurai's "typical" (whatever that is) denim; I'm not sure if they were referring to the OG AK denim, or the OG denim that was used on other 2015 models. 

That fit is fantastic! I'm trying to convince myself to NOT buy them as I have so much denim to wear as it is.

Yeah I actually sized down on these. When I got the 711's I went TTS and they ended up being bigger than I wanted. I am going to soak them tonight with something to hold the waist, so hopefully just the legs shrink a little.

Yeah I actually sized down on these. When I got the 711's I went TTS and they ended up being bigger than I wanted. I am going to soak them tonight with something to hold the waist, so hopefully just the legs shrink a little.

Would you say the fit is exactly the same as the indigo 710s?

Would you say the fit is exactly the same as the indigo 710s?

I don't know for sure. I bought the 711's, in 36 and have never had the 710's. I would say that the fit of these is more slim than the 711's. The 711's are supposed to have more of a taper than the 710's. Again my 711's are a 36 and these are a 34 so it is hard to say.

!!! at all the 710bkb posts ^,

Max are you going to have Yuichi hem them? Sounds like he has a similar blue yarn (not Samurai yarn like with yellow) he can use.

I also have a pair coming, anyone have measurements pre/post soak for sz32?
If not I'll be able to post next week when they get from pirates to New Zealand.