Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Yeah they're from Yuichi. The bummer is that I'm living in Vietnam right now and I wouldn't even know where to go to ship them, or where to acquire proper shipping supplies.

It would be a huge pain in the butt for me. I don't know what I was thinking considering I wear a 31 in my Left Field Miners.

I might be moving to Japan in March so maybe I can order the 31 and hold onto these 32 until I'm there and try to sell. I don't know ugh.

Welp, I think I screwed these 710 up. Ordered a 32, probably should have opted for 31 or 30. Didn't think they'd be so huge (pre-soak)....what do you guys think?:

J64GmFs.jpg?1

iu6uiuy.jpg?1

And here are my Left Field Indigo Miners for reference of what I'm going for:

hiLqu4V.jpg?1

xd0f6T3.jpg?1

Bro you're good just wear a belt. Don't worry about them being too big right now, you'll see the jeans willl continue to shrink as you wash them. That looks like a perfect fit down the leg, and if the waste is the only issue it will repair itself over time. Better too big but still wearable than too small that you can't even wear. 2 sizes down is pushing it. 1 size will probably be uncomfortable after max shrinkage

A friend of mine came across a pair of Lot 14 710s at a consignment shop in our neighborhood. He's not on Sufu so I offered to inquire as to their origin on his behalf. They've got the tab, but no arcs. Was this common with Lot 14? I'm assuming they probably came from BiG, but have no first-hand experience with Lot 14. Any insight is appreciated.

Edited by Projectp

Bro you're good just wear a belt. Don't worry about them being too big right now, you'll see the jeans willl continue to shrink as you wash them. That looks like a perfect fit down the leg, and if the waste is the only issue it will repair itself over time. Better too big but still wearable than too small that you can't even wear. 2 sizes down is pushing it. 1 size will probably be uncomfortable after max shrinkage

Eh, these are just way loose. They really kill my figure (I know that sounds silly), but they make me look really chunky. If I wear a belt, there's so much slack they literally fold and it's really uncomfortable.

I'm just not a baggy pants person. I like them to be fitted.

Bummer. 

I've bought and sold a few pairs now, even going back to buy the original size in a pair I previously sold. Frustrating to say the least.  

What did you buy - the 19oz black arcs? Or 16oz OG?

You've got a week to contact Yuichi for an exchange, I wouldn't hang about - or, to be fair, with current Yen pricing you might well be able to sell these on without getting hit too bad. But I suppose in both cases you've got the problem you mention re shipping. 

Anyway I use these heavy card bubble padded envelopes from the Post Office (UK), they are about a foot by a foot and half, few quid each - no problems yet. Must be somewhere to do over the counter international tracked/insured post in the main cities?

edit -

http://hcmc.angloinfo.com/information/housing/post-codes/postal-services/

I googled 'sending parcels home from Saigon' and found this, well old but see post 2

http://www.travellerspoint.com/forum.cfm?thread=30631

and post 3

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/forums/asia-south-east-asia-mainland/topics/sending-some-parcels-from-vietnam

Wow, thanks for doing that! They are the 19oz. I'll contact Yuichi and see what he says, but I had him hem a few cm off for me so I don't know if he'll accept a return. And I'm not even sure he has any 31 in stock. 

Maybe I can just sell them on the marketplace.

i like the presoak fit; my stuff also seems to shrink more than others though so maybe its just me; how much are you selling for? how can you live in viet nam and not know how to ship mail? lol for a good price i'll have someone pick them up 

>how can you live in viet nam and not know how to ship mail?

The shipping services are really shitty in my experience (Like third world country shitty). If you've ever been to Vietnam, which it sounds like you haven't, it's difficult to find "official" retailers, services, etc. that are internationally recognized. Yes, there is FEDEX, DHL, and I think UPS, but they have a very small presence here.

And I've only been living here for a little over three months now. I have a full time job, give me a break. 

That said, I decided to hot soak them last night, and I'm wearing them right now. They shrunk a good amount and are now giving me that more "classic" straight fit that most people seem to like around here. I think I'll just 1.5" cuff them for now and see where they take me. The waist is still a little big, but I can live with it.

I can always get a pair of more fitted jeans when I move to Japan in March. Selling and shipping them is probably more trouble than it's worth. 

Edited by An Oxymoron

I think the fit is nice now, but the waist is still too big. It feels awkward to wear a belt and get sinching in the waistband. Maybe I'm wearing them too high above my hips idk, but I've never been a fan of low rise jeans.

Edited by An Oxymoron

May feel weird right off the bat, but after a little while you won't even notice it. As I mention I had to sacrifice the waist on my og to get the rest of the fit the way I want and I have some nice folds on the back of the waist.

Yes, they're shit. 

Current market rate  - Â¥186.47450 to the £

Purchase from Japan of today using Paypal - Â¥178.389 to the £

Fairly sure my credit card would have done me better.

Made that mistake with denimio on saturday, just got the statement for 23,000 yen in Canadian through paypal of $275

That's weird, when I bought my OG's from yuichi the cost was like 34000 yen with shipping and I think that put it at about 300 USD. I guess it might have been a bit cheaper with a credit card.

Not to derail too much, but has anyone noticed Okayama Denim's stated yen prices do not correspond correctly to their USD prices? Unless googling the exchange rate is incorrect they were off by quite a bit.

Edited by SuperJackle