Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Do the new s710og have a hidden arc + stealth arc or just the stealth arcuate? 
Thought I saw someone mentioning hidden arcs but didn't see it elsewhere.

I promised myself to not buy a new pair of jeans during or after HWDC2 but damn my hands are itching  :rolleyes:

I came on sufu for the first time in a year just to share this. I just washed my sam 710 after a year of on and off nonchalant wear and I am extremely satisfied with the way they turned out. I have previously worn nudie, eternal, 3sixteen, skull but none of my other jeans match up to the results samurai has produced. I'm just disappointed I slept on samurai for so many years because I thought they were all hype, but boy was I wrong. All I can say is wow.

My pair is nowhere near as developed as max power's is, but now I want to buy another pair of sams to rotate with. However, my body has recently been changing. I went from a size 28 waist to a size 32-33 (comfortable) because of weightlifting (squats). At the same time my thighs have grown much larger. I don't know how much larger my waist will get but I know for sure that slimmer cuts are a bad idea. Would you guys advise me to hold out until my waist stabilizes or is the 5000 cut a good all around fit for any body type?

I find the 5000 to be too short rised, but if you come from a 28 you will feel like a 32 has enough rise, I guess. The thighs are noticeably wider than on the 710. You could also consider the 0500 or 500OG, as they are a bit wider as the 710, but have a similar rise.

from slim to wide:

003JP

(0)500

5000 (straight)

510 (a bit tapered)

And then there was an extra wide model once, forgot the number

I hope I can get my 500OG from 2nd, as Yuichi is out of stock and denimio won't stock them. But the order has been placed. If they fit like the Naniwa Special they will be great. 2nd doesn't offer chainstitching, right?

Edited by Max Power

@501XX

image-17.jpg

Red Hawk BK tagged 36

Sized up 2

Waist - 36.5

Front rise - 12

Back rise - 16

Upper thigh - 13.5

Knee - 9.75â€

Leg opening - 8.75â€

Inseam - 37

30min Cold soak tonight.

Nice, but I'll be damned if they don't look indigo in that picture, it's only when I clicked on it and went to the super large version that they looked black. So the 36 waist was actually 36.5 raw???

Bit of advice for someone who's never bothered with unsanforized denim before.

Just warm soaked a new pair of 710's in my bath. Did them for an hour, inside-out, and dried on the line, still inside-out, all day.

They've shrunk and slimmed down nicely (just need hemming now) BUT, when I turned them back the right way I'm a bit gutted with the results.

There just seems to be marks all over them. Not really fades I don't think, more patches and streaks where the indigo just looks dirty and smeared.

I'll try and get some photos when I'm not quite so angry, but it'll probably be quite hard to capture.

Is this just normal, or have I someone fucked something up?

Edit: dunno how well this will show up but...

A67B8102-5034-4ED2-90CE-F9A9D30F2049.jpg

Edited by Jaded

Sorry to hear Jaded.  Everyone has his (her) own technique, but I've always soaked new jeans outside-in and dried them the same way.  The only time I turn them inside-out is if/when they go in the washing machine since the abrasion from the machine can cause very clearly defined (white) marks, which I unhappily experienced with a very dark blue pair of Iron Heart 1955-UHR's.

John

Hoggreaser - thanks, I've given the marks a vigourous rub with my fingertips and they appear to be vanishing. I'm guessing they were starch marks then?

Admittedly I didn't really rinse them after lifting out of the tub as water was going EVERYWHERE and I just wanted to get them outside.

Would I be best giving these a cold rinse in the machine to get rid of the remaining starch, or am I good to go?

Yeah, get that with most of my jeans when I wash 'em new. It'll just wear off. I would be shocked if someone screwed up their jeans in a bath tub soak.

Only problem you'll really get is throwing them in washer you might get a marbling effect on your jeans. But then again most of us take precautions before we wash anyways. 

With that, I think soaking them for their initial "watering" isn't the best way to go about it. You're going to waste a lot of time trying to get the shrinkage out in the tub, when one good wash should have the majority of the shrinkage out, if not all. All depends on the denim as well. 

My usual routine is getting them wet in wash bin, then throwing them in the wash on medium settings pull before spin, then repeat on high and leave in for spin and hang dry. Inside out, or regular side out is up to you, but most will suggest inside out.

Edited by bradl