Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Canada Goose is a damn fine jacket, not my cup of tea, but they're durable.

Not saying they're not, they're actually great. Nobis are even better. It's just not really needed - at least here in Montreal - when you wear some good stuff. You can get away with a good shirt, a heavy hoodie and a leather jacket.

It may be another story in Calgary though.

Well my 710's came from BiG today.  Out of the box this denim looks rad.  Much more slubby than my Momos and my IH634's, and im very stoked on the texture.  Cant wait to try them on after work.

Edited by 12ax7

Well my 710's came from BiG today.  Out of the box this denim looks rad.  Much more slubby than my Momos and my IH634's, and im very stoked on the texture.  Cant wait to try them on after work.

Lets get some pics

So 72 hours into my 710's.........1 hot machine wash.  1 HOT hour soak.  Im thinking most of the shrinkage is out of these.  inseam went down to about 34.5 (while wrinkley) and waist is about 33.25.  Havent measured thighs or knee or hem opening.

So question as these are my first real unsanforized pair.  What do i do about prior wear before sending back to BiG for a hem????

im planning on wearing a 1 inch cuff and dealing with the stacking fror probably a week or 2 till they soften up and the combs get set. 

Any pros or cons to this procedure????

Aslo this 19 oz xx denim gets HARD after a soak.  Much gnarlier than my IH's

Samurai offers a new fit for the 5th anniversary (of their Umeda HQ shop?!).

It's called 511 and is a cross between 710 and 5000. Which sounds great to me.

But the details are not my taste

http://ameblo.jp/samuraihonten/entry-11761927111.html

http://ameblo.jp/samuraihonten/entry-11766952588.html

The arcs, the exposed selvage and all the different buttons ruin it for me. pocket bags and lined pockets are cool. I also like the Lee rivets. Hopefully they will do the 511 cut in a more traditional manner soon.

I also think you can only get those jeans in the HQ store

Totally agreed... exposed coin pocket selvage is pretty corny 

The arcs, the exposed selvage and all the different buttons ruin it for me. pocket bags and lined pockets are cool. I also like the Lee rivets. Hopefully they will do the 511 cut in a more traditional manner soon.

I could even live with the buttons. But the exposed selvage on the coin pocket is lame, and I don't think I've met the stitch puller that was a match for those arcs. Which denim is it?