Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

/\ /\ /\ Art - You're talking unwashed right? I'd be a bit careful if you're about to blow £300, mate.

Rudy is a good guy - ask the shop, if they advise you wrong it's on them.

Yep, I thought the same thing....

I took the 'safe' option in in the end and sized up one (from the size I tried on) which is actually down one from my usual tts. Have to see how that works out....

After a bit of moral wrangling I actually ordered them from 2nd. I've said something about this on the small shops thread. I've seen some interesting comments from you on there.

Cheers for the advice mate.

Looking forward to the outcome!

On another note:

Someone should get these!

http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e148305567

S0500XX size 30 from Lot.11!

Price is under retail, with the proxy fees they might end up at retail but all I can say: all my Lot.11 Samurai jeans have the best denim texture! With Lot.11 you have all the little Samurai details you find now (engraved back of buttons, silver writing on the tab) + the old arcs! The denim from my Lot.11 S3000VX and Lot.11 S0500XX are my favorites among my Samurai collection.

Thrilled to have just scored some unsoaked lot 10 Jins from eBay for under 200. Sometimes it really helps to have a tiny inseam, these had been hemmed to 32" which probably scared off other bidders and kept the price down..... but since im a 29" with no cuff it works for me!!

_57_zps4adce109.jpg

Edited by ColdStorage

I'm sort of almost glad I have no idea how to go about ordering those...

I just saw the ones on your fit guide and they look great. Probably looser than im used to but that's not a bad thing. I was thinking about a lighter weight pair just in case we get a day of summer in the uk this year. All my other pipeline purchases are quite weighty.

710s STILL stuck in customs. Got a baaaad feeling about this....

Gut: 'Those jeans are amazing. Get them now, what are you waiting for? So what if they are a bit tight - we can rock that, hell we can rock anything, get em get em, stop stalling'

Once you'd washed them, your gut would actually have been saying "No way José, don't put those things near me! Are you trying to strangle me?!"

^^ nice score! yeah that inseam was way too short for me :D

^you would need a proxy like Sutocorp that will do the bidding for you. Pretty simple if you know how it works. You would just need to write them an email with a link to the item you want and your maximal bid.

Once you'd washed them, your gut would actually have been saying "No way José, don't put those things near me! Are you trying to strangle me?!"

Bahahahaha!

Brain: warned you fool - Suck in and suck it up!

^^ nice score! yeah that inseam was way too short for me :D

^you would need a proxy like Sutocorp that will do the bidding for you. Pretty simple if you know how it works. You would just need to write them an email with a link to the item you want and your maximal bid.

Please stop 'helping' me. I'm well on the path to over indulgence as it is.  :blink:

Thrilled to have just scored some unsoaked lot 10 Jins from eBay for under 200. Sometimes it really helps to have a tiny inseam, these had been hemmed to 32" which probably scared off other bidders and kept the price down..... but since im a 29" with no cuff it works for me!!

_57_zps4adce109.jpg

Was eyeing those as well, but that 10" inseam killed it for me.

Won a pair of Geishas for the gf, that had a few weeks wear on them. Won them at $56 and the seller just re listed the item, assuming because I won it for so low.

Edited by bradl

They didn't have my size in the 15th anniversary edition (don't know why that made a difference to me but there you go) so I went with 2nd.

Sincerely hope it works out better for you than it has me though dude. Mine have been siting in customs all week, changed today to 'awaiting charging'' and has stayed the same all day.

A bit of digging reveals that British customs are having a massive clampdown on all imports from the Far East. Mainly I believe for counterfiet goods from China but catching everyone else in the crossfire...

Good luck mate!

Was eyeing those as well, but that 10" inseam killed it for me.

Won a pair of Geishas for the gf, that had a few weeks wear on them. Won them at $56 and the seller just re listed the item, assuming because I won it for so low.

Wow, sorry to hear that. Did you pay for the item and the seller just refunded it or something? eBay policy is so slanted in favor of the buyer rights that you can get the seller in trouble if you are feeling particularly irritated about it.

Funny, have those Geishas on my watch list too - was eyeing them for my wife... but she probably wouldn't even wear them so think I should let it go. :(

For your information :

im wearing:

-nfdenim elephant 3(weird guy cut) size 28 *there is still a space in the waist*

-iron heart 666sod size 30 *i only can put 1finger in the waist and i dont need belts if wear this one*

-samurai s0130xj size 29 *this is the most comfortable waist that i ever had. Already hot soaked twice*

There is a different size chart between s5000vx and s5000vx21oz ?

Can i go to size 28 in s5000vx 21oz ? Maybe w27 ? I need your advise.

I want a slim straight fit and not too loose/baggy on thight but still comfortable

Thanks

Edited by Vandyku

Wow, sorry to hear that. Did you pay for the item and the seller just refunded it or something? eBay policy is so slanted in favor of the buyer rights that you can get the seller in trouble if you are feeling particularly irritated about it.

Funny, have those Geishas on my watch list too - was eyeing them for my wife... but she probably wouldn't even wear them so think I should let it go. :(

I had them in my ebay, awaiting shipping price and the seller opened a claim and got the item removed. Was pretty fucking pissed as this was going to be the gfs first pair of raws and she was pretty excited...

For your information :

im wearing:

-nfdenim elephant 3(weird guy cut) size 28 *there is still a space in the waist*

-iron heart 666sod size 30 *i only can put 1finger in the waist and i dont need belts if wear this one*

-samurai s0130xj size 29 *this is the most comfortable waist that i ever had. Already hot soaked twice*

There is a different size chart between s5000vx and s5000vx21oz ?

Can i go to size 28 in s5000vx 21oz ? Maybe w27 ? I need your advise.

I want a slim straight fit and not too loose/baggy on thight but still comfortable

Thanks

Looking at the jeans you're wearing, I'm just guessing your thigh would be around 27 to 29cm. I don't think it's wise to size down to 28 or 27 . 

I suppose you'll be okay with size 29 in s5000vx 21oz. If you go down to size 28, it will be tight at the waist and most importantly your thighs. It's only 26.3 to 27.3. You might feel a lil uncomfortable there.

Just received my pair of washed-once 710's from Yuichi. That entire process was about as smooth as it could go, even customs was a breeze. Had my pair in about 5 days. Figure I'd throw up some measurements while I was at it, all done BIG style:

Tagged size 31 all

Waist 39 cm

Back Rise 38 cm

Front RIse 28 cm

Thigh 28 cm

Knee 22 cm

Leg Opening 20 cm

Inseam 93.5 cm

The fit is fuller than I'm used to but I really like the jeans. Two weeks of wear and maybe a hot soak will decide whether or not they go up for sale.

Looking at the jeans you're wearing, I'm just guessing your thigh would be around 27 to 29cm. I don't think it's wise to size down to 28 or 27 .

I suppose you'll be okay with size 29 in s5000vx 21oz. If you go down to size 28, it will be tight at the waist and most importantly your thighs. It's only 26.3 to 27.3. You might feel a lil uncomfortable there.

Is that not too loose ? Fyi im 175cm 60kg

I'm 'bout ready to pull the trigger on a pair of S510XX 25oz 15th, and am unsure of size - 33 or 34? 

IH-634S & 9634Z both in 34 fit me very well (33.5 & 34 measured). SG2105 in 34 is a big in the waist (35 measured); snug in the thighs. 

How much will this denim stretch back after soaking/washing? 

I've read on BF's fit guide these are anti-fit, so I assume they are looser. I'm wondering if I should size down 1 and go with 33... 

Ok, after taking less than a day to travel the 5902 miles from Japan to the UK, the parcel then took 6 days to get 113 miles from parcel farce Coventry hub to me. Admittedly it was in customs for 2 days but still...It would have been even longer but I trooped down to the local depot on Saturday morning (after phoning first thing and them saying it wasn't there) and picked them up. And yes, I got bummed by customs & parcel farce to the tune of £70.

So to business...

Fresh from the package measurements: (important to note that I had already requested that they be hemmed to 36" -  tip: 2nd find it much easier to understand if you specify the length you want them, rather than the length you want removed. In cms. I originally asked for them to remove 2" and got a reply from a very confused chap trying to explain that taking off 2cms would be a bit pointless. I said ok - please make the inseam 91 cms and this was understood and done.)

Edit: sorry, meant to say , these are tag size 29.

Waist         - 14.75

Inseam      - 36

Thigh        - 11.5

Knee         - 8.5

Front rise - 10.5

Rear rise  - 14

Hem          - 7.5

Fit pre soak:

6QSwSkf.png

I2EP6wM.png

Fo76szt.png

GD0pGo5.png