Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Quick soak - warm/hot water bit of salt for 4 hours:

h1aahP6.png

Then a hang dry in the garden - first decent sun of the year - under my cherry tree:

8VZQlhG.png

Seemed like a good idea at the time - hanging them under a Japanese cherry tree in blossom, very traditional and all that, but I wouldn't advise it - they eneded up absolutely covered in cherry blossom pollen. Not a good look.

Post soak measure measurements:

Waist         - 14

Inseam      - 34

Thigh        - 11.1

Knee         - 8.1

Front rise  - 10.2

Rear rise  - 13.7

Hem         - 7.3

And fit:

PjOrJ7T.png

afGNhKB.png

ijaOV5m.png

h6GMELa.png

I love em.

Have chucked them in for another soak this morning to try and lose some more from that inseam. If there's not much difference ( which I doubt there will be) i'll consider having them hemmed another inch or so.

Absolutely love the feel and the detail and the Mrs is now starting to understand what all the fuss was about too. 

Thanks for all your help people.

was about to say the same: at least you got a nice picture! :D

It's common practice to specify the total inseam length you want them hememd to. Because if you say "chop off 2 cm" how can they be sure you also factored in the length loss for rolling/folding the new hem? To say the exact length you want the jeans to be is the saefst way.

A second soak won't hurt but I don't think you will get much more shrinkage. If you would wash them in a machien you would get more but then, the 19oz denim doesn't shrink that much in general

It's common practice to specify the total inseam length you want them hememd to. Because if you say "chop off 2 cm" how can they be sure you also factored in the length loss for rolling/folding the new hem? To say the exact length you want the jeans to be is the saefst way.

That was pretty much what I could make out the reply from 2nd said!

Yep, bit of a schoolboy error on my part! If I had thought about it properly at the time i might have figured that out, but well, too excited, you know how it is  :)

Edited by Artisandenim

Pics of my new 710XX in 33 2 hot soaks in.  Digging these jeans.  Thoughts, concerns, comments...???  And i want to say I appreciate everyoes help on here steering me toward the correct size.  Id like to maybe get a little more shrinkage out of them but im concerned with losing to much indigo with a hot wash.  Is that an unfounded worry?

IMG_0819.jpg
IMG_0820.jpg
IMG_0821.jpg

Edited by 12ax7

mine finally arrived from Yuichi. Only got stung with minimal custom charge. Went tts (33), haven't soaked yet, gonna wear them in for a bit before I do so. Top button hole was redicously small, my thumb is fucked up. At some point will send em to danny & junior to get hemmed.

image_zpsf4cecf56.jpg

Atisandenim, 12ax7 and Slavo all looking good in those 710's! Fit looks good on all - +1 to what Max said too. 

I pulled the trigger on the S510XX25ozGA f/ 2nd in size 34. I'm liking the look of the 710 and s5000, but I really wanted a 25oz, and after mulling it over endlessly and staring at BF's fit picks, I decided on the 510. I denim that heavy I'm concerned about comfort and ability to move so I went 34 instead of 33, comparing size charts with my other jeans. They're in customs in LA now, fingers crossed they get released soon! 

Just got their 9th wash after 12.5 months, worn daily. Interestingly, they shrunk more than normal in the dryer this time (size 31, waist now measuring 30"). This is great, considering that I'm about 8 pounds lighter than I was at the start of the competition, thanks to cleaning up my diet for the sake of my competitive marathoning.13182899285_f470024b53.jpg13182901345_948ed51249.jpg

They've made a lot of progress over the last 4 months, largely thanks to the fact that they've gone skiing 44 times since mid-November. :)

Oh, and color is pretty accurate here.

Paid for these Wednesday to 2nd via PayPal, and they arrived today (Monday)!!! EMS is crazy fast, and didn't get hung up in customs. 

Had to do a quick fit without even taking the tags off.  Wrecked my thumb trying to get them buttoned. Very stiff and heavy denim. These are huge - Farmer John type jeans. Bigger, looser cut than I was expecting. Quite a contrast to the tapered 710's you other guys have posted. 

Samurai S510XX25oz GA 15th Anniversary 

Raw measurements (inches - cm); 

size: 34 x 36

waist: 17.5/35 - 44.45/88.90

front rise: 12 - 30.48

back rise: 15 - 38.10

thigh: 13 - 33.02

knee: 10 - 25.40

hem: 9.5 - 24.13

inseam: 38.5 - 97.79 

(I'm 5'11, 205 lbs, natural 33" waist, usually very athletic but not too active ATM due to lower back issues). 

Now they need a good soak, prolly a warm wash to get all the shrink out, and a hem. Thighs are very roomy compared to the waist - I could loose quote a bit in the thighs, but don't want to loose too much in the waist. I like the waist to settle around 34. At the moment I'm glad I went with the 34 instead of the 33, but I'll have to see what happens after soaking/washing & wearing for a month or so. For this pair I wanted comfort and movement over style and looking super sharp. 

SamuraiS510XX25oz15thraw03-17-2014_4_zps

SamuraiS510XX25oz15thraw03-17-2014_5_zps

SamuraiS510XX25oz15thraw03-17-2014_6_zps

SamuraiS510XX25oz15thraw03-17-2014_10_zp

SamuraiS510XX25oz15thraw03-17-2014_11_zp

SamuraiS510XX25oz15thraw03-17-2014_19_zp

SamuraiS510XX25oz15thraw03-17-2014_20_zp

SamuraiS510XX25oz15thraw03-17-2014_22_zp

Any recommendations on where I can send these to get hemmed? BiG said they can do it for me. Cheers guys! mpp

bradl - hehehe they are kinda big now aren't they?! 

Hanging now after 1+ hr hot soak. Will post post-soak measurements tomorrow once they are dry.