Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

^ I decided to buy from Yuichi over 2nd because of the recommendations here and so far, the positive endorsements are spot on. These being my first Japanese denims, Yuichi was very patient in helping me :)

I read a few post up that a member's S5000VX 25oz. are soft. My jeans are also one washed but its really stiff and rough. However, I only have my off the rack jeans to compare it with though.

Edited by squeeze

My Samurai S5000VX-15th 25oz I got from Yuichi came in today.  I got the one wash version.  I didn't expect them to be so soft.  I'm used to slimmer fits, but i didn't like the rise on the 710s.  I like how these fit with boots, so I think I got a keeper :)  sorry about the crappy pics.

TcLPaix.jpg?1

iOkTDk3.jpg

Looking forward to see how this would turn on in a month time, definitely a fit I want for my next pair.

Taper from knee down isn't that important after seeing this.

word, Yuichi was really patient and helpful when i emailed him with tons of questions. Really fast responses also. Just sent him a deposit for my 710xx.

If you guys were wondering how he washes the denim:

From Yuichi

Fasten all buttons  , turn the jeans inside-out , using washing machine , with just a little detergent , in a hot water like bath (shower) degree.
Wash 10-15min - dry - rinse 5-6min - dry - rinse 5-6min- dry
I don't put the jeans in a tumbler.
In my experience , the jeans would not shrink any more.

Looking forward to see how this would turn on in a month time, definitely a fit I want for my next pair.

Taper from knee down isn't that important after seeing this.

if you're looking for this type of fit, basically i sized for my thighs.  i chose the ones with the smallest thigh and waist i could take.  they're tight on waist for me, but they've already stretched to about 33.75 from a shrunken 31.  mine are size 31 btw.  i basically size down 2 i think. 

b_f:  i had yuichi hem my pair to a 34, but when i measured, they were 35.  i noticed from the left over pieces, that he hemmed them before washing and then i think he expected them to shrink to 34.  the cut pieces were still raw.  i thought he would wash, and then hem.  anyways, they're at the shop right now, and i settled with 31.5.  i have a pair of straight fit jeans that are 31, and i like how they look.  i pick them up tomorrow, and i'll post some fit pics.

Waiting for it then! Wanting to see how they fall and the changes in the fit! I'm wearing a size 33 ihxb01, so as a general guide, I would size down to 31 to achieve the same fit? I'm a little short standing at only 173, some of these fits doesn't look flattering on me.