Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

I just received a pair of 710's from Yuichi! He soaked and hemmed them! Really happy with the fit! Size 33

mra_1066_0029.jpg

Can you provide measurements on your pair? I will also be ordering from Yuichi and wondering how much shrinkage will his way of washing will cause. Not sure if I want to hot soak them myself or have Yuichi do the one wash. Thanks

Hi all. My first post in SuFu. Just placed an order for a S5000VX 25oz from Yuichi. So excited. This will be my first Japanese denim. Can't wait for it to get here. I hope to learn much from all of you :)

Just placed my order as well!  Had a pair of 710s, but didn't like the rise on them.  These have a lower rise  so hopefully all will be well :)

So I got my new pair of 710s and they don't seem to look right. They really flare out from the knee down and have very pronounced knee bags.

00qSGooh.jpg

Z9Y8DO7h.jpg

5wrTPFxh.jpg

What is causing this effect? Are the jeans too long (or even the wrong size)? Or do I just need to break them in a bit more until they fall more naturally? Would it be a bad idea to give them a hot machine wash to get out the remaining shrinkage? I appreciate any help I can get.

Edited by skipsfaster

Knee bags disappear over time. My god, these are just jeans. Wear them, wash them, fornicate in them, the fabric will eventually relax and drape nicely. Even if you don't trust me, after several thousand pictures of people wearing the shit out of their jeans, AND looking right, I don't know what else to say to you.

Knee bags disappear over time. My god, these are just jeans. Wear them, wash them, fornicate in them, the fabric will eventually relax and drape nicely. Even if you don't trust me, after several thousand pictures of people wearing the shit out of their jeans, AND looking right, I don't know what else to say to you.

AMEN!

Why is so many people so worried about everything regarding jeans. Just wear 'em hard.

AMEN!

Why is so many people so worried about everything regarding jeans. Just wear 'em hard.

Because some people don't want ~300 jeans that are gonna sag at high stress areas and not fit the way they intended.

Yes, but when you buy raw denim you need to live with the following:

- fit will get better the more you wear them. I've had several pairs (the 500XX and 0905SP being the "best" examples) that fit like shit in the beginning and after several weeks and washes get fantastic. Some things never change - the kneebags I still have on my 710 are not flattering, but that's part of the game.

- they are stiff and uncomfortable in the beginning. When you wear new 19 oz denim - you will get a weird fit just because of the stiffness of the denim.

If you expect them to fit like prewashed Nudies or worn out APCs, Samurai might not be what you're looking for. That's what coleslawyum meant, I presume.

Samurai 0500XX :: LOT 9 :: 4y/o = about 18mos effective wear.

acquired waaay back when not a lot of peeps know what "slubby" was.
the 500s remain as the [ultimate] Texas cotton experience for me.
the cut, indigo hue, & slub experience was like sex [for the very 1st time] when i got them @the time.. 

500aug13fit.jpg

500aug13.jpg

500aug13c.jpg
Edited by BrownMetallic

I am new to Samurai Jeans, I was hoping if  I can get some sizing advices. :)

I am around 177cm, and 78kgs, my waist is around 32-32.5, however my thighs are big (regular cycling).

I own a pair of IH BB 21oz and a pair TFH f310(both tag size 32), the f310 is way too tight in the thigh area, and the BB is a good fit, however the thigh is a little too tight for me( measured at 11.5 on IH uk website).

I am currently looking at S710xx 19oz, I was wondering if a size tag size 32 or 33 or even 34 will fit me nicely. and would you recommand to have them hemmed when buying from BIG? and for a taper fit like S710xx, does hemming make the leg opening wider? 39 inseam sounds quite scary.

Please share with me your advices :P

Edited by Toyfactory

S710 has a quite generous fit in the thigh, I have big thighs (regular football), I'm 186cm and 84kg and my size 34 (sized up 1) fit very well.

I would recommend hemming from BiG, they do a great job. The leg will be *slightly* wider the further you up go up the leg, but unless you get them hemmed from say, 39 to 30", you won't notice a big difference.

@Toyfactory I'm a cyclist as well with big thighs. I'm 192 and 81,5 kg. I went for a size 33. They are perfect in the thigh area. I have plenty of room in the waist, but that's just the way it's gonig to be. You can see my fit post soak one page back!

Edited by Marw

Measurements on BIG are as such for S710xx, size 32 (thigh 12.25) ,33 (thigh 12.5) and 34 (thigh 13), I don't know how much the 19oz will shrink though. if the thigh shrink more than 1 inch, I might need to go with 34, because my 32 IH BB has a 11.5 thigh measure. I think I will need at least 12 thigh to get comfy. :rolleyes:

They're looking good Max, so far they seem to be developing a lot differently from the S710s, despite being the same denim.

The fit is almost exactly the same as the way my FH 3009s fit on me.  It seems a little awkward when new, but once the jeans are broken in and faded, it looks cool, definitely a different flavor from a typical straight fit or a slimmer cut.

Hello everyone,

Well, first post over there as I'm new to raw denim. Just wanted to share with you some pictures of my Samurais S5000VX 21oz.

They are something like 6 months now, normal wear (I mean i don't bike with them or anything special) and I gave them few soaks, and I think 2/3

washes as I wanted to prevent some crotch blowout

v4s6.jpg

5n5k.jpg

0pji.jpg

e2kq.jpg

vmld.jpg

And sorry if I did wrong with the pictures as it's the first time I'm sharing some. Just tell me and I will try to fix it ;) Thanks!