Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

In my opinion, first find the cut you like best and then look what denim is available in that cut.

You won't wear the pair with the coolest denim if that just not what you like to wear.

But I think you could be really happy with the 5000 cut and the 710 cut, so you have the option to choose between 17oz, 19oz and 21oz :)

Thx!

Just don't trust the Samurai charts...they made them once when they decided about the pattern, use them on every model they put out not regarding that every denim behaves differently and that they are also cut differently from the beginning and don’t update it.

Also there was the time, when they changed from’ shrink-to-tag –size’ towards ‘shrinks-a bit-below-tag-size-and-stretches-then-to-tag-size’ ;) This is what the Lot.10 confusion was about and what still confuses people and let them always ask “how to size this lot#â€. But Samurai is pretty consistent now with sizing on their regular line-up. Only the limited editions and special, new releases are always a bit of gambling.

The best way is to only trust the shops that really measure their jeans (DC4 and BiG and Pirates) or have the actual pair in question measured by the shop owner.

Samurais are all raw when delivered. Yuichi washes them (or better, his wife at home) because his Japanese customers prefer the one-wash models. Only we Westerners want the raw ones. So you should always ask him for a raw/non-wash pair if you prefer that. But it's possible that all his stock is already washed so you would have to wait until he gets a new pair (he usually do special orders for you then).

There are other companies that do wash their jeans on their own and deliver one-wash jeans directly. Like Eternal, Momotaro, Warehouse...they offer one-wash and non-wash versions.

My general rule of thumb is: the heavier, the more regular (less slubby) the denim gets.

The 24oz denim is indeed heavy and should be around 26oz after shrinkage. It doesn’t drape very well in the beginning and I haven’t been that long into my pair (I think it might even qualify for the HDWC2). But louisbosco would surely be able to tell you, that it adopts to your shape…or you to the denim :D

Well- have joined the Samurai gang at long last. One pair of tabbed & arc'd 710's winging their way to be. Looking forward to wearing 'em in.

No..only sources outside Japan are DC4 (Germany), BiG (USA), Take5 (HK and some more), Right Hand Distribution (Australia)

Damn trying them on beforehand would have been great. I hope 2nd is still a viable option for international shipping.

Checked this link posted on the last page

http://www.denimfuture.com/read-journal/18-months-samurai-710xx

Was surprised to see my 710's posted but when I read the article it was claimed they were owned by someone called Faldo ??? I'm not Faldo my name is Ryan

So I posted to find out why and they locked the topic and removed some of my posts , strange people :)

Edited by Flash