Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

looks like they're doing a limited Lee-pro for D-Stock. looks like it could be a really cool pair of jeans, except for a couple details that kind of blow it for me. i'm not crazy about having tonal stitching on just one pocket. and i'm not a fan of the darker contrasting panels. ottherwise, would be great looking pair.

http://www.samurai-j.com/samurai/blog/

Greetings denim people~

I am new here, though I have been lurking as of late. I have recently entered the world of raw denim and went a bit nuts; I suddenly found myself with multiple pairs of Momotaro, Flat Head and Samurai. Oops. I was hoping to elicit some advice here regarding the S003JP. I've been spot on with my sizing thus far in all these brands, but this jean is giving me some trouble.

I just picked up a pair of S003JP at BiG. I normally go TTS for all my denim (I'm pretty slim, at least in the legs, and I'm 6'2). I have S710xx in 32 waist, but I sprung for a 31 waist for the S003JP going by BiG's measurements. It was only a slight struggle to button them raw/unsoaked, and I was able to stick my thumb in the waist once I did (this is my general rule of thumb-no pun intended-to see if I have the right waist size). I actually tried on the 32s also, but was looking for a slim/skinny fit to compliment the looser (for my legs) fit of the 710s.

I've kept the 31s and soaked them for an hour in hot tap water (as hot as I could get). Once dry, I had to struggle a bit but got them buttoned and they've settled nicely after two days of wear. HOWEVER....the rise is crunching me bullocks a wee tad. The waist is perfectly fine, buttons up easy. I'm just wondering if I should have stuck with the 32s?? Do other wearers of the S003JP generally wear them in this way? I love the fit I just wish I had .25-.50 of an inch additional in the front rise. The 32 seemed far too wide at the waist when I tried them on, as I could stick my first down there. There seemed to be too much crotch room. Perhaps they would have shrunk to the proper size? THey are definitely still wearable, and I'm leaning towards just sticking it out, but perhaps I should sell them and get the 32s?

Anyways, sorry if this first post has been too verbose. Here are some crappy self-photos for the moment. Does this fit look proper? (I know this is a subjective topic and should be based on personal comfort, I'm just curious to hear how you folks think it looks). Sorry for the less than quality shots...

I think the fit actually looks good, it's just the comfort. What's your professional opinion?

photo_zpsb580281f.jpg

photo-1_zps1cd14496.jpg

photo-3_zps8a554ea1.jpg

And the obligatory crotch shot:

photo-4_zps49592fee.jpg

Exactly my thoughts. He also mentioned that heavier denim was in consideration, but probably not being used. I think that's also a good decision. Now I only have to figure out wether the 17 or 19 oz will be my denim for the HDC2

The 710 MaxPower mentioned are collabs between Samurai and BiG. AFAIK have nothing to do with the anniversary...we will see what they will bring out :)

link to info? or is this based on emails? this potential new jean is very appealing..

@Aviv: I think you can tough it out. try sagging them a bit so the lowish rise won't interact too much with your "sensible areas"

Yea you think? They look how they're supposed to? I honestly think the 32s were too big! They measure 34 inches at the waist, a solid inch larger than I ever take, and I didn't want to have too much additional room in the top block, and that's how the 32s looked when I tried them on. I guess I shouldn't complain, they are supposed to be slim after all...

Edited by Aviv

Whiskers like rippled water, combs like broken glass. So good.

I'm becoming convinced that a crucial part of selecting a good pair of jeans is not just the materials used, construction, and fit, but the creasing pattern as well. My 3009s are a little loose in the top block compared to a lot of jeans on SuFu but it'll be worth it for the interesting fades it produces. I've also noticed that lower-rise jeans don't tend to get very many whiskers (my BSPs, xEnvy's APCs.)

had to bail on my 710s after 7mo of daily wear. too tight.

two initial soaks, 3 machine washes (twice in the dryer), 1 crotch repair. about to go in for another crotch repair and hem.

hopefully my girl will start wearing them.

7103rdwashfront_zps67357356.jpg

710-3rdwashback_zpsd095142e.jpg

on to s510 21oz

510fit_zps6ea6bc91.jpg

510fit2_zpsb36f61cb.jpg

sized down one and they turned out great.

thanks to BF for the fit guide.