Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

I agree, I think it will look fine. The leg opening is small enough that it should look fine with low profile shoes. It would probably look best hemmed to the proper length or with a small cuff rather than several inches of stacks or a three inch cuff.

well you said you've decided to buy. have you got the jeans yet? a fit pic would be good.

i dont think there would be anything wrong cause i've seen people wear it with trickers and they look just fine. i guess it's how you pair your overall look.

N-not yet, copped it but there is a long way from Japan to my country. Thank you, you've given me hope =)

I agree, I think it will look fine. The leg opening is small enough that it should look fine with low profile shoes. It would probably look best hemmed to the proper length or with a small cuff rather than several inches of stacks or a three inch cuff.

Oh, that's good. I was worried about leg opening, even thought about tapering it a little bit. At the moment they will be default size but I am really tall with inseam length about 92cm (36 inches) to the floor, so I guess it will be okay to cuff it a little. Thank you!

My dear buddy beautiful_freak sent me his 710XX size 35 for size reference. I compared with my size 34, same Lot (and both bought 13 month ago).

left 34, right 35

DSC02770.jpg

DSC02771.jpg

DSC02772.jpg

DSC02773.jpg

DSC02774.jpg

DSC02775.jpg

DSC02776.jpg

DSC02777.jpg

DSC02778.jpg

Now I know that sizing up is possible, but would not look as intended. And excuse the flashing flesh.

(If you're interested in Fullcount, see that thread. I wear his 1108XX there).

Edited by Max Power

nowhere near as cool as the sams posted before me but I'd like to contribute

quick pics of my tapered 710s. haven't kept track of wear but I believe 5-6 months. one soak a couple months ago + numerous rain soaks, no washes.

photo1px.jpg

photoigd.jpg

(ipod photos, lol)

my pair of 710

1123fn.jpg

Flash

love those pair of 710, smooth n vintage looking

my 710xx, since november 2010 (6 washes, 4 soaks)

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

I'm calling shenanigans....

I never could understand why people would fake a worn in pair of jeans to be their own. Or anything for that matter...

Edited by DFreshLeish

Good catch. But i don't think it is definitely a stolen pic. I'm not positive the pic of the Jan 13 pair seems to have been taken later, as the colors seem more washed out. Could be he forgot his password and created another account to post an update. However, it's suspicious either way.

edit: nvm, it's the october pair that looks more washed out. I suspect you are right about the stolen pic.

Edited by Quoise1203

quick pics of my tapered 710s. haven't kept track of wear but I believe 5-6 months. one soak a couple months ago + numerous rain soaks, no washes.

Finally, someone who has tapered his 710s. Did you do it at a tailor? Were you pleased with the result? I think I am going to taper mine as well but I don't have any experience of tapering good raw denim.

Sizing question, is it safer to go snug or looser on sizing with 710s?

My main concern would be the thighs because I have muscular thighs (6ft/215lb). I am TTS 34 and will be going with 35. In the past, I couldn't even fit in 710s 34, but I was able to fit in 35 and was snug. Just concerned with the shrinking and never have gone 36. Thanks for your advice!

Sizing question, is it safer to go snug or looser on sizing with 710s?

My main concern would be the thighs because I have muscular thighs (6ft/215lb). I am TTS 34 and will be going with 35. In the past, I couldn't even fit in 710s 34, but I was able to fit in 35 and was snug. Just concerned with the shrinking and never have gone 36. Thanks for your advice!

I am smaller than you, but have some issues with seat/thighs due to lifting (6'2" ~190lb). I have two pairs of Samurai denim in size 34 (19oz 510s and 17oz 5000), and I just bought 710s (also 19oz) in 35. I could go into detail about the fits, if you want, but in summary: The 19oz denim did not shrink a whole lot for me on the initial soaks I gave either pair, but is reported to continue shrinking for some time. It also hardly stretched, not nearly as much as the 17oz "Zero" denim. The 710 is a much less slim cut than I expected, and I probably would have been OK in a 34, but I am quite happy with the fit of the 35. The thighs are perfect for me at this size, very similar to the thigh room in the s5000 but less than the 510

Pre-soak: 8YnoD.jpg

Post-soak: wY8t8.jpg

Edited by melbatoast

Thanks for the help and advice guys! i was going to pull the trigger, but now will pull back and do some more research. If you have any recommendations for larger/muscle type cut, I'd appreciate it! :)

Hi guys, I used to own the S5000GX-T and had to sell because did not fit anymore. Are there any models out now that have the exact same denim and same or simular cut. I`m sure the s5000gx-t were 17oz but not Zero denim but I could be wrong. Thanks.