Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

yeah a regular cut won't solve the problem as you have enough room throughout the leg going by the picture.

the 'problem' is your build. from the pic you look big and quite short (maybe it's the angle that lets you look short). most clothes just do look better on tall and slim, nearly slender people but not everyone has this build (me neither).

as long as you are ok with it, just enjoy the raw denim journey. if you want compliments on how good those jeans look on you, stop eating :D

(please, don't be offended :) )

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Huxtable, if the 710's don't end up working out, you might want to check out the Iron Heart / Self Edge collabs. 23oz denim, super dark blue, and a waist-to-thigh measurement ratio that might be perfect for you. Pay no attention to the tagged size, go by the actual waist and thigh measurements, and be aware that these don't really stretch (they also don't shrink because they're sanforized).

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71&products_id=847

What sort of weird places? Halls of mirrors? Haunted houses? I suggest you stay away from them...

The belt loops tore off. The crotch blew out like 5 times in 6 months RIGHT along the seams, the back pocket stitching came updone at one point. Go back in this thread - there's extensive photos of them a long time ago. It was like anywhere that the slub was thin just gave out.

one of these days.. i will get in some sammys.

wanna play around with Iron heart for the HWDC first.

Great...once you stuck with sammys its hard to pull the hand break.

They will indeed shrink 2-3 inches after one or two hot soaks.

As you say you had them tapered (unless you meant to say hemmed), I've no idea how they'll look with sneakers; what did you have them tapered to?

Generally 710s look good with sneakers.

I'll Second that. 90% of the time, I'm wearing kicks. And I like the shape of the 710. I'm pondering if I should switch my HWDC jean of choice with another pair of 710's... Ah....

Newp, can you please post measurements? I think thats the slimmest fit I've seen on someone as slim as you.

Of course once I will be at home. What shall I measure exactly? And the slimmest samurai's model is s003jp, I was too afraid to buy them.

That's what happened with my 710s post-soak. Truth to be told, I am glad that I haven't sized up.

I still haven't decided should I roll them or not but I am going to wear them with my dress boots as well (when the cuff is most certainly needed).

Does anyone have an experience of wearing samurais uncuffed with sneakers and cuffed with dress boots? How being sometimes cuffed and sometimes not affects your fades?

This is basically the fit I'm looking for, info on your regular waist size / size you bought and such? Much appreciated!

Edited by Warakia

This is basically the fit I'm looking for, info on your regular waist size / size you bought and such? Much appreciated!

My waist (exactly where I wear my jeans, they are low rise) is 85 cm, I've bought 30 size.

newp: did you put a hanger in the waist during the soak to prevent the waist from shrinking ? you soak inside out ?

Yes, I've put metal hanger in the waist closed by all buttons. I've left it there while drying them. Soaking was as they are (not inside out) in 50-55 celsius water for 50 minutes. I haven't added any vinegar or salt.