Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Was hoping someone could help me out. I'm wanting to buy my first pair of Sams - I've been looking at the s5000BKBs on BiG. If I was to get a size 36, how much do you guys think these would shrink down after a warm soak? The sizing chart says the tag 36 actually measures 38"...

My true waist is about 36"..would these shrink down enough to fit?

My size 30 S5000BKBs have stretched back to 31.5" with wear. You may want to go with a size 34 or 35 if your true waist is 36".

Thanks for all the answers guys, and @ triiiangle, you're probably right. I honestly feel like a 35 would be perfect, but they're sold out. Unless I can find a pair in the market before payday, I'll probably just go with the 36 and do a hot wash upon arrival.

Thanks again. I'll post some pics if & when I get em.

Hang dried my jeans last night after the first hot soak and Im giving them one more right now before I start wearing these. fit pics to come when they dry. The strange thing is that they've shrunk alot everywhere but the waist. the waist measures slightly below raw size. I was expecting more.

I am looking to pick up a pair of s003 JPA when my girlfriend lands in Tokyo. Where do you guys think i will be able to find a pair?

Try the dealers here.

Or if she has time, take a trip to the main store in Osaka, Umeda. Its 3 subway stops from the Shin Osaka Station.

By the way, Samurai has a tendency to stretch above tagged size, but will always shrink back down below tagged size. Its constant shrinking and stretching that makes denim so unique and dare I say, fun.

I don't baby my jeans, I just throw them in the washing machine on the hot cycle and dry them for an hour on high. I never use detergent. Comes out crispy and fresh. I only wash them once every 2 months.

Edited by coleslawyum

@ Shekki

just got a pair of lot 15 710s. Here are some post soak fit pics. I think Ive gotten at least 90% of the shrinkage out of the way. I game them 2 hot soaks with the hottest tap water I could get. First soak with some agitation by hand for 45 minutes. Second soak I just let them sit in the tub for 45 minutes. They didnt really shrink as much as I was expecting in the waist. They alredy fit snug in the waist pre-soak. I measure 32.5 in the waist and mine are tagged 31. These are pretty much the best jeans Ive ever worn :) What do you guys think of the fit?

710xxpostsoak1.jpg

710postsoak2.jpg

Holy hell, what is up with the ridiculous questions on this thread lately? I'm not even sure I should answer lest I fall for a troll.

Unless you are 10 feet tall you will need to hem or cuff if you don't want stacks.

Or you could cut them off at the knees. Or you could wear them backwards.

So just to refresh…

- Samurai Jeans is always made with UN sanforized fabric, which means it will shrink.

- Samurai Jeans are manufactured larger than tagged size to accommodate for shrinking, although there are exceptions to this in certain lots and sizes, it is not an exact science

- Stacking is caused by long inseams, as well as wearing the waistband on your knees

- You will get the most shrinking out of your Samurai Jeans by sticking them in the washing machine in hot water and then drying them to death

- You will get unwanted creases if you wash it in a machine, an alternative is to soak in hot water and then hang dry

- You will only get a small of amount of shrinking if you only soak and hang dry

- The jeans will continue to shrink and stretch as you wear and wash forever or until you die or the jeans die or if you give them away

My personal opinion on jeans care:

- Wash your dirty ass jeans

- Hem your 50" inseams

do you really think this would help? As if any one of those guys asking the same questions over and over again would take a look at the first page...they are too lazy (or...)

EVERYTHING there is to know has been answerd millions if times and is easily to find if you use the search function, do a little work and read or use google.

still thanks for the little summary coleslawyum! :)

(it might last a week until the question pop up again ;) )

I created the Samurai fit guide to help with sizing and the basics are also covered bvut it doesn't help.

With coleslawyum's permission, I will add his summary to my thread

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

crazy contrast is overrated imo. those 710s look amazing. been agonizing over what new denim to get, and I'm leaning toward the 710, how does the denim feel after a while? only have had a pair of iron hearts which are crazy smooth and soft now...

@itsbenhere. well, i would say the 710 softens after a few washes. however, having tried iron hearts signature 21oz denim, they're not as soft as them. the 710 is soft but it has the slubbiness that i like too.

@hoggreaser. the 24oz is definitely much more sturdier and thicker. and i absolutely love the feel. it's not as hot as expected coming from me staying near the equator but different people might feel differently. i would love to go for the 24oz again but having not try the 21oz yet. i wouldn't mind trying just to compare the different weight denims of samurai.

edit: the 24oz is sturdy at first but it will generally soften after wash. not as slubby as 19oz but def more than iron hearts.

Edited by louisbosco

crazy contrast is overrated imo. those 710s look amazing. been agonizing over what new denim to get, and I'm leaning toward the 710, how does the denim feel after a while? only have had a pair of iron hearts which are crazy smooth and soft now...

The 710's get plenty soft after a while. They don't have the buttery smoothness of the IH 21oz. denim, but they'll end up plenty comfy and the denim has a ton of character. If you want something different than your Iron Hearts you'd be hard pressed to find a better pair than the 710's.