Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Bah, looks like the 710 black shadows are sold out in my size (35/36) at BiG and doesn't look like they'll be more stock until early next year.

Anyone know of any other route for procuring new 710 black shadows in my size?

Pretty sure BiG is the only place that got them(I think it was a collab). Your best bet would be to check the supermarket for someone selling a pair.

Question for those who own flathead 310s and samurai 710s.

Currently, I am wearing size 32 310s(1.5 yrs worn); the space on the thighs aren't skin tight,

but I can pinch the fabric about the size of a thumb from the side.

If I were to purchase a pair of 710s with more space but still slim on the thighs than my 310s,

Should I also get a size 32 in them? Considering looking and comparing the size charts

for the 310s(SE) and 710s(BiG), it seems like it would work out.

True that, do note though that they've had almost 2000km of cycling, 13 floorball games, 14 hours of ice skating, 6 hours of ice hockey coaching on ice, and partying in 3 different countries apart from my own.

Construction has been crazy good (apart from the iron buttons), and the hole on my knee I've had from week 1 hasn't really expanded for some reason. Usually in poorly woven fabrics you'd expect it to unravel and expand.

Hope this perspective gives you a better idea of what paper weave can hold up to.

S003JP-A. Start of the 10th Month.

IMG_3156.jpg

IMG_3152.jpg

IMG_3157.jpg

months later i am still on the edge of picking up the s003jp. could you comment on the rise of these versus some of your other pairs? post shrink for my size would be half an inch shorter than my current apc and my apc are a little ball hugging already. i'm worried. would i be able to just sag if anything?

@trevor - You've got to have a specific body type to adopt this fit. If you have slim/skinny legs, you'll love the low rise on these because you'd have a wider range of movement. I started sagging them a bit as my legs were getting thicker, perhaps another reason for the major crotch blow outs.

@Mild7 - I intend to wear these to the 1.5 year mark (maybe), and then I have a fresh pair of PRPS Ramblers waiting for me. Looking forward to the relaxed fit on the Ramblers to be honest. I'll wear them till I find an interesting pair of natural indigos.

@Hunchbak - I waited 5 months before the first wash, then washed every 2 months after. It's got 3 washes in them so far. Figured its a fair amount considering the sweat, grime, mud, blood, grease, vomit, I get on them every other month. ;)

@saintkeat - i have super skinny legs. but isn't rise more for the crotch space? can you give me insight with this fit versus your other fits in 1) crotch space as in you wear it lower or higher on your waist if the rise is bigger/smaller 2) i kind of fail to see how rise affects thighs, doesn't thigh measurement affect thighs?

Well, that does explain things a bit :)

I've worn my 710s constantly across a similarly large range of activities and I have to say that Samurai definitely delivers in terms of durability. Only had to do reinforcements on my own, no tears whatsoever! I'll post some updated pics later this week.

agree.

imo, best way to enjoy 'em longer is to do periodic preventive maintenance on them__ before things break, pop, tear ... unless your preference is to keep 'em in its true/natural & unaltered state of evo.

I have a question about Samurai's 710.Should I get a size 32 which is my true to size waist or 31 since I'm trying for a slim-skinny fit?I have a average body type .

Edited by Based

I suppose I could figure this out with a little bit of forum searching.... but can someone save me the trouble and recommend a good site to buy a pair of 710's to be shipped to canada (preferably w/ red tag).

Been a while since I bought denim, but I remember getting hit hard by customs duty when I got my skulls from some UK site.

I suppose I could figure this out with a little bit of forum searching.... but can someone save me the trouble and recommend a good site to buy a pair of 710's to be shipped to canada (preferably w/ red tag).

Been a while since I bought denim, but I remember getting hit hard by customs duty when I got my skulls from some UK site.

Email BlueInGreen before placing your order and let them know. They'll be willing to ship it as a gift valued under $100 to avoid customs.

They did it for me.

with reference to the #2 post in this thread, i assume the s5000gx wind element should be sized down ? found a used sams at a steal price, was wondering about the sizing, but the waist measured 16.5inch at w34.

edit; so the fit will be a regular fit ?

Edited by Zenshiro