Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Hey, b_F, I'm curious, what are your thoughts on Samurai's Lee repros? Just looked at a few on rakuten and like the look a lot. especially the arcs.

I like the S0110XJ best from the Jins series but have yet to own a pair. I'm sure I will fill this gap anytime ;) Well the denim on the Jins is something else with heavy horizontal fading potential. Or you could take a look at the S0110XJII which uses a new 17oz LHT denim which should be closer to the original Lee denim (disregarding the weight)

I thin one thing that has hold me off the Jins so far is the back pocket placement, which are rather far apart as it has to bee on a Leepro

Thanks!

Those are Viberg Engineer boots in ice mocha with black straps.

Sounds great. might to share a link? might PM me if you want :)

X Post - Detail Shots on my S5000VX 21oz.

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

Been interested reading the comments on the 24oz denim, and I'm wondering if you guys will have the same problem as I have found with the 21oz. The problem being that the legs seem to get a little shorter with every wash/ soak, I could double cuff no problem after the initial wash, but now I can just squeeze in a little single cuff.......odd. I dont think I'm getting taller.

First impressions of the raw enim. I will soak them in a few hours. But will ttake pics before.

1. The denim has a unique texture (at least to me). Now, it feels like a grating, as if you could feel every single warp thread and inbetween there's a gap. That will surely change after the soak when the fabric tightens up. Maybe Oni or PBJ also feel this way but I haven't handeld those yet

2. The color: there are so many, many different shades of blue on it. Overall the color is lighter than my other pairs but maybe the soak will change that.

To be continued... ;)

Hey b_F

the denim of my PBJ AI01 looks as slubby as the OGSP denim, but I bet that the sam. denim is stiffer.

I would be able to post some macro pics of the AI denim, if you would like to compare these too. .

PS. I've already posted a photo of the boots in shoe thread, weeks ago. PM me if you would like to have further informations.

xpost from HDContest thread

Sorry for the extra late 6 month mark update! Honestly...I didn't even take update photos of the 5th month mark because not much has happened between then and now. But I did quite a lot between the 4th and 5th months. Sculpture classes were really intense, haha

The color is "true" or at least, close to the actual color. Perhaps a tad darker in the lighter parts because of dirt, but that's about it.

285420_2205675470958_1519545410_32432380_251371_n.jpg

The honeycombs are beginning to develop and become more prominent!

252095_2205675830967_1519545410_32432382_4166160_n.jpg

Backpocket...I still need to find some replacement cloth, haha.

268715_2205676750990_1519545410_32432384_4363523_n.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Hi guys

Just tried my new 710...and find that they sit really tight in waist.

So will pre-soak make them soft? Because if its not I dont want to soak them...I think shrinkage will kill me.

how does a pre-soak make anything soft? pre-soak means they haven't touched water yet. and no, not soaking them will not make them softer. even soaking will not make them softer. they are likely to shrink even more after a hot/cold soak. sounds like you've got yourself a pair thats too small. my suggestion is to trade them up for a bigger size. you'll be happier that way. you do realise that you've got to wash your jeans someday dont you? they shrink quite a lot in the wash.

^definately size up!

Which sam's have contrast arcs? I've seen some with yellow arcs and some with blue arcs

well nearly all Samuai models have contrast arcs. S710XX and S510XX19oz feature black arcs and also all models from Lot.13 (last year production) feature black arcs. There are 1 or 2 models having dark blue arcs